Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

On 1/9/2022 at 9:49 PM, Jeremy408 said:

called it. I remember there were some folks on here that were trying to act like it was the same dline as last year. Do you have to understand how a D line rotation helps a pass rush because you have multiple plays coming in waves. And then it makes the dBs look better than they actually are. 

Sorry dude literally everyone here knew we needed DL help and nobody knew any of those guys off the street were going to be any good except for Yannike.

21 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We won the game so I do not want to be to critical but once again we had to dominate the game to barely win because this team does not score as many TDs as it should.  MVP of the game is our kicker and it is that way far to often.  Carr got lucky with the TOs and we got lucky that LA squandered their opportunities.  I would still take Herbert over Carr.  Herbert's rookie year was better than Carr's year this year.  This team kept fighting and I loved seeing that but we should not have won. 

I won't go that far to say we should not have won when we had a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game. but Carr still misses way to many opportunities we always have to work overdrive because we never finish, and the late fumble with the game in the balance, it's a whole different feeling in here if the Chargers had gotten that fumble.

51 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I won't go that far to say we should not have won when we had a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game. but Carr still misses way to many opportunities we always have to work overdrive because we never finish, and the late fumble with the game in the balance, it's a whole different feeling in here if the Chargers had gotten that fumble.

First time I was happy to see Parker at RT.  Heads up play for him to punch the ball out and not just land on top of him.  If the kicker would have made the FG the chargers would have had to play the same way going into the lose of the game but would have gone up by 2 at the close of regulation.  The reason why the Chargers were able to come back in the end was Bradley being to conservative and our d-line got gassed.  This team would put up crazy points if they could just score TDs.  That is the frustrating thing apart about Carr he is the best QB in the league at getting his team into FG range.  He is 5th in yards but 13th in TDs.  There is no acceptable reason why he should not have over 30 TDs a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

First time I was happy to see Parker at RT.  Heads up play for him to punch the ball out and not just land on top of him.  If the kicker would have made the FG the chargers would have had to play the same way going into the lose of the game but would have gone up by 2 at the close of regulation.  The reason why the Chargers were able to come back in the end was Bradley being to conservative and our d-line got gassed.  This team would put up crazy points if they could just score TDs.  That is the frustrating thing apart about Carr he is the best QB in the league at getting his team into FG range.  He is 5th in yards but 13th in TDs.  There is no acceptable reason why he should not have over 30 TDs a year.

I agree the 4th and 21 TD was inexcusable just play normal defense it's over if they don't score that TD.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, drfrey13 said:

Because talent separates you in the RZ. And like I said it's way harder to pass without a run threat or clever play calls. Look at all the nice sweeps KC runs in the RZ. Those are "passing" touchdowns. Same with trick plays, etc. Without Waller healthy, a run game in the RZ, or creative play calling, we're pretty much set up to fail there.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Because talent separates you in the RZ. And like I said it's way harder to pass without a run threat or clever play calls. Look at all the nice sweeps KC runs in the RZ. Those are "passing" touchdowns. Same with trick plays, etc. Without Waller healthy, a run game in the RZ, or creative play calling, we're pretty much set up to fail there.

We have been this was since Gruden got here and Carr has not broken 60% since 2015. 

2021 51.7% ranked 27th

2020 54.2% ranked 23rd

2019 52.8% ranked 22nd

2018 53.5% ranked 22nd

2017 58.8 ranked 8th

2016 58.8 ranked 13th

Hopefully we can get a coach that can help Carr with the red zone instead of making him worse but to be a top offence we need to break that 60% mark.  I would also like to see Carr get around the 35 TD mark.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We have been this was since Gruden got here and Carr has not broken 60% since 2015. 

2021 51.7% ranked 27th

2020 54.2% ranked 23rd

2019 52.8% ranked 22nd

2018 53.5% ranked 22nd

2017 58.8 ranked 8th

2016 58.8 ranked 13th

Hopefully we can get a coach that can help Carr with the red zone instead of making him worse but to be a top offence we need to break that 60% mark.  I would also like to see Carr get around the 35 TD mark.

Me too. I think we're all in agreement there.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

2021 51.7% ranked 27th

2020 54.2% ranked 23rd

2019 52.8% ranked 22nd

2018 53.5% ranked 22nd

2017 58.8 ranked 8th

2016 58.8 ranked 13th

Context is also important we ranked 8th in red zone % but only got there 34 times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Context is also important we ranked 8th in red zone % but only got there 34 times.

I agree.  That is why I said I also want to see Carr get around that 35 TD mark.  I think we were over 70% Carr's rookie year but we barely sniffed the red zone that year.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:01 PM, raidr4life said:

I agree the 4th and 21 TD was inexcusable just play normal defense it's over if they don't score that TD.

Agree but being a defensive coach a team that often goes for it on 4th downs is killer. Instead of 3 chances for 10 yards it’s 4. Not an easy task. 

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree but being a defensive coach a team that often goes for it on 4th downs is killer. Instead of 3 chances for 10 yards it’s 4. Not an easy task. 

Let me guess, the O put the D in a bad position being up 15 with 5 mins left because Chargers were in a spot where they had to go for it. 😆

On 1/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, raidr4life said:

I don't disagree with this line of thinking.  The offense can always keep going and put more points up.  But, why is that always an excuse for the defense simply not getting off the field?  

The offense has been getting hammered for putting up 20 points or less and rightfully so. They had 29 points and a 15 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go.

Anyone who blames the offense if we were to have lost that game needs taken behind the wood shed.