(Discussion) Designing The 2022 and Beyond Leadership & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

51 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If he's retained I doubt he makes many changes. He's said we're a couple of plays away from being in the playoffs. Perhaps he thinks our luck would be better next year with those types of plays rather than coaching aggressive to go get those wins.

Those two plays are the missed field goal in AZ and the last second TD in Detroit? Zimmer should know we’re cursed in regards to kicking and the defensive woes are on him and his son. We’re only relevant as a playoff team due to the added seed. 

Edited by vikingsrule

3 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Kubiak will or should be gone. 

I don't think you can do that.  I think you keep him and hope he learns from this year.  Everyone has to have a first time...and like I said before, Sean McVay's first year, WFT was a bottom-5 offense.  Kubiak already has a top-half offense after 1 year.  

I would expect some minor changes to the staff if he's retained...probably the DBs coach again.   

Edited by swede700

48 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't think you can do that.  I think you keep him and hope he learns from this year.  Everyone has to have a first time...and like I said before, Sean McVay's first year, WFT was a bottom-5 offense.  Kubiak already has a top-half offense after 1 year.  

I would expect some minor changes to the staff if he's retained...probably the DBs coach again.   

Can he be banned from giving Ham the ball on 4th down, or from calling plays on 3rd down that are routinely short of the sticks?

Man, if Zimmer is retained.....I just, I.....ugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don’t think (I hope at least) Karl Scott goes anywhere unless he wants to leave. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think you have to do it. Kubiak can go learn somewhere else. This team can’t afford to be the training grounds. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

Just now, RpMc said:

With a veteran team like this, I’ve been on board with a Doug Pederson and Vic Fangio pairing. 

I’d be very intrigued with Fangio, but I’m souring a bit on Pederson. I’m just not sure how well Pederson connects with players. That stunt he pulled with Hurts and Sudfeld really got that locker room to turn on him. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d be very intrigued with Fangio, but I’m souring a bit on Pederson. I’m just not sure how well Pederson connects with players. That stunt he pulled with Hurts and Sudfeld really got that locker room to turn on him. 

Fair point on that. I know Pederson didn’t want to draft Hurts. I wonder what the dynamic would have been had their never drafted him. 

fangio as a DC, would be a dream, and we have a lot of hybrid pieces that could fit how he likes to roll. 

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

With a veteran team like this, I’ve been on board with a Doug Pederson and Vic Fangio pairing. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only thing I would be interested to see is how his scheme would fit our players.

Peterson on the other hand, really that’s the only time I’ve ever heard any “locker room” stuff from him. He has helped build some really good teams. Just typically it’s not the most “creative” offense but it typically seems to work.

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Peterson on the other hand, really that’s the only time I’ve ever heard any “locker room” stuff from him.

Doug Pederson infuriated several Philadelphia Eagles players on Sunday

Per insider Jeff McLane, two defensive players indeed had to be held back from going after Pederson. On top of that, multiple offensive players went to their head coach to ask why Hurts wasn’t on the field. Eagles players felt like they were basically throwing the game when they surely had a chance to win it.

There’s more quotes from players about that game.

How do you stand in front of a locker room full of players and ask them to go out and give their all, go out and win the game when you have a clear example of tanking on your resume. Who’s going to take that coach seriously? 

37 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

The only thing I would be interested to see is how his scheme would fit our players.

Light box, two high shell base. We could transition to that defense today and have the horses to do it. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

There’s more quotes from players about that game.

How do you stand in front of a locker room full of players and ask them to go out and give their all, go out and win the game when you have a clear example of tanking on your resume. Who’s going to take that coach seriously? 

No I’ve seen it from that situation I meant more along the lines of other situations

5 hours ago, RpMc said:

The Co-DC thing has to be cleaned up.  From the sound of things based on that nepotism article, Andre is the voice and center for the defense.  He's the solo DC.  I think that sends a great message to the team and hopefully unifies things on that side of the ball.  I don't know what you do with Adam.  Would he accept being just the LB coach again?

The offense needs some experienced, outside, eyes and an infusion of modern offensive ideology.  Right now, our offense doesn't put secondary players in conflict often enough.  The play action, bootleg game puts edge and second level defenders in conflict, but our passing game right now solely relies on the ability our our receivers to get open, and our line to protect long developing plays.  There's nothing schematically that challenges secondaries unless our offensive line provides ample to time for receivers to run deep crossers and double moves.

Sounds like you should throw your hat in the ring! You've even got head coaching experience!