2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

A 2nd this year and a 6th next year lol.

They also take on his entire contract I believe which is likely a main reason the Bills can’t or didn’t make this move 

Its frustrating because I think he would have been a huge contributor for us. Before his injury he was getting almost a sack a game and was on pace for 14 In 2021. The cap is always going to be an issue for us because of Allen but you have to make the decision on some guys on whether they would be an impactful player or not. Since Beane has been here he seems to chase the bargain bin players at edge and it shows when we face teams like kc and both addison/hughes which are paid the 2-3rd tier of edge rushers to get mediorce output. I feel like a ton of money and picks have been spent on the dline but nothing has come of it because not one guy they have is a top tier player. He has been in mention with guys like watt last year but realistically where were they really in talks? I just dont see how you are not looking at mack. Beane really has to figure out a way to bring in talent manipulate the contracts to restructure them every year on key players that he views as long term and just continue to make changes while the cap adjust. Even at 17 mil we can easily find that space Joe Marino proved it in his podcast how simple it could be to clear 40 mil this year. Next years cap is going up 20-25 mil and the year after that is also rumored to be that much too. So the increase is almost 10% in cap space each year moving forward take advantage of it in order to get to a superbowl. I still have hope for chandler jones but if they dont land a veteran pass rusher of this caliber its going to be really hard to beat teams like KC in the playoffs even with the #1 defense in the league. 

QB2 hasnt really been discussed much and with Trubisky leaving, webb and Fromm already with other teams the bills do not have 1 qb on the roster. Joe B brought up Fitzpatrick as an option, at 39 and him showing support in Buffalo for playoffs I think it would work out great. I doubt he will command a ton and it solves an issue if he ever needs to come in for a bit he can handle the task

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

QB2 hasnt really been discussed much and with Trubisky leaving, webb and Fromm already with other teams the bills do not have 1 qb on the roster. Joe B brought up Fitzpatrick as an option, at 39 and him showing support in Buffalo for playoffs I think it would work out great. I doubt he will command a ton and it solves an issue if he ever needs to come in for a bit he can handle the task

Fitz or Kyle Allen is my best guess right now. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bring him home 🙏🏻 

All those teams you mention arent contenders. It comes down to him wanting to chase the money or the ring. If the rumors are true and he is someone who is interested in coming to buffalo then this should be a lock. Broncos have upgraded but realistically its not a given with mahomes and herbert in the same division. Buffalo has an easier division. Dolphins falcons eagles and seahawks are at best 3 in their own division. 

“To be completely honest, it’s not about money at all,” Jones said, via Darren Urban of the Cardinals’ website. “Where I am in my career, I’ve gotten contracts, I’ve gotten the Super Bowl, but I think scheme is huge. Or for me, winning more championships. I’ll say it again, it’s not about money. I will say I want to go to a place that maximizes my talents. There have been times in my career where I’d say I caught myself out of position. I do take the blame, but at the same time it’s like, ‘Hey, should I have been doing that?’ I have enough comfort where I am in my career and this age to say that.”