2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

22 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

@Xenos any insight on him?

Read 5 sacks, 40 QB pressures , INT

9.5 sacks over the last 2 years 

Apparently Beane was high on him coming out 

Sounds like a suitable replacement, rotational piece with Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa 

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

@Xenos any insight on him?

He came on late last season after he became a full time starter, replacing Ingram. But it did take a while. I feel like he’s a better fit at 34 OLB than an edge rusher in a 43. As it is, I don’t know how to project him going forward. You would think he would have more sacks and pressures since Bosa had so much attention. Maybe it was playing edge for the first time in a 34?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Read 5 sacks, 40 QB pressures , INT

9.5 sacks over the last 2 years 

Apparently Beane was high on him coming out 

Sounds like a suitable replacement, rotational piece with Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa 

Yeah I see he was a pre draft visit the year he came out. 

With the money spotrac has his market value, he'd be coming in as a day 1 starter. 

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

With the money spotrac has his market value, he'd be coming in as a day 1 starter. 

What his projected salary ?

Edit - Googled it and said hes expected to get 10-13 million annually. We cant afford that, can we ?

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What his projected salary ?

Edit - Googled it and said hes expected to get 10-13 million annually. We cant afford that, can we ?

Not without making some serious moves or backloading the contract.

Im guessing our biggest signing is a player who gets 4-6 million this season. Tops.

On 3/4/2022 at 4:26 PM, Maxmw22 said:

Am I the only one thinking that with all this talk (seemingly being drummed up by ESPN) about how the Bills should trade for Saquon or CMC that if we trade for a RB that Ettiene would make more sense?

We were rumored to be interested in him last year, new coach in Jax, Lawrence was lobbying for James Robinson to get more playing time, plus Ettiene would be under his rookie contract for 4 more years (including 5th year option).

Jax isnt going to move Ettiene, it would cost more to jags financially to move him then keep him. I dont see them taking anything less than our 1st rd pick as he still has 4 years remaining on his rookie deal. Last year at the time of the draft I was all in on Najee and after seeing how things changed mid season I am in the minority in which we stick with singletary this year. Improve the interior line should allow him to play better ball. If we move for a guy like Saquan, Christian, travis or anyone else the financial aspect of it let alone the draft capital would still put us in a position in which they will struggle cause the interior oline isnt good. Upgrade the LG this year give Singletary more reps and see what happens. I also am in the minority of wanting Gronk I think this his blocking abilities are just as an asset as his redzone threat is. Having him in will allow bills to roll with more 12 personnel and give singletrary the ability to move the ball

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Im just not a fan of potential. Yes he is young but he still has alot of growing to do with only 1 season as a full time starter. I rather pay for an aging guy like chandler jones who has been doing it for years. He may not last long on the team but he certainly can come in this year knowing he will get 9+ sacks for us.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im just not a fan of potential. Yes he is young but he still has alot of growing to do with only 1 season as a full time starter. I rather pay for an aging guy like chandler jones who has been doing it for years. He may not last long on the team but he certainly can come in this year knowing he will get 9+ sacks for us.

Give me Danielle Hunter if we’re going big fish hunting for a DE

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Give me Danielle Hunter if we’re going big fish hunting for a DE

Im good with him or mack in a trade honestly. Jones is simply the most consistent FA out there thats why I mentioned him. Hunter or mack will cost us a pick or 2 but dont think it will be #25 with the injury history. Mack's contract is favorable but Hunter having that 18 mil roster bonus would need to be redone, cant pay a guy who hasnt been healthy for 2 years that much guarantees. Either way im all for a Vet that can be a contributor in which he is capable of posting double digit sacks year 1 over someone who may or may not produce that well. Even though Nwosu has been in the league 4 years hes only seen the field 1/3 of the time, coming in with 15 starters and more reps this past year. On top of going from a 34 OLB to now a 43 De isn't really an instant upgrade that I am hoping for. 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im good with him or mack in a trade honestly. Jones is simply the most consistent FA out there thats why I mentioned him. Hunter or mack will cost us a pick or 2 but dont think it will be #25 with the injury history. Mack's contract is favorable but Hunter having that 18 mil roster bonus would need to be redone, cant pay a guy who hasnt been healthy for 2 years that much guarantees. Either way im all for a Vet that can be a contributor in which he is capable of posting double digit sacks year 1 over someone who may or may not produce that well. Even though Nwosu has been in the league 4 years hes only seen the field 1/3 of the time, coming in with 15 starters and more reps this past year. On top of going from a 34 OLB to now a 43 De isn't really an instant upgrade that I am hoping for. 

Wed be able to get either Hunter or Mack without giving a 1st I think 

Im thinking its a guy that already had his big pay day and is looking to take a bit less to play for a contender, Rudolph/Chandler Jones/Andrew Norwell/Gronk would be guys I think would be willing to do this...Likely guys in their prime looking for that 1st big pay day arent it