2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

Apparently rumors of bills players making a pitch to players diggs at probowl and now allen on a couple vacation with Christian Kirk. Dont know how much these guys buy in to the pitches but it is certainly nice to think that beane could have some of his guys working for him without messing with the tampering period.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Apparently rumors of bills players making a pitch to players diggs at probowl and now allen on a couple vacation with Christian Kirk. Dont know how much these guys buy in to the pitches but it is certainly nice to think that beane could have some of his guys working for him without messing with the tampering period.

Kirk would be a good fit for Allen. Could just be two guys hanging out or could be more to it. 

there is no doubt though, guys wants to play with Allen and the Bills are seen as legit Super Bowl contenders which always helps come free agency

Read Josh Allen and Christian Kirk are on vacation together. I like this, hes a down field, deep threat and we wouldnt have to break the bank.

I'm also in love with adding Cordarelle Patterson. End of 2021 Singletary, Patterson and Moss three headed monster and this let's us move on from Isaiah McKenzie.

Sign Christian Kirk 4/24

Sign Cordarelle Patterson 2/7

Extend Diggs and get cap relief

Restructure Beasley

Release Jon Feliciano

Restructure Darryl Williams 

Resign Harrison Phillips 4/18

Release Star Lotuleilei

Release AJ Klein 

Draft

1(25) - Kenyon Green OL, Texas A&M

2(57) - Travis Jones DT, UConn 

3(89) - Jalen Wydermyer TE, Texas A&M 

4(126) - Jack Jones CB, Arizona State 

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Read Josh Allen and Christian Kirk are on vacation together. I like this, hes a down field, deep threat and we wouldnt have to break the bank.

I'm also in love with adding Cordarelle Patterson. End of 2021 Singletary, Patterson and Moss three headed monster and this let's us move on from Isaiah McKenzie.

Sign Christian Kirk 4/24

Sign Cordarelle Patterson 2/7

Extend Diggs and get cap relief

Restructure Beasley

Release Jon Feliciano

Restructure Darryl Williams 

Resign Harrison Phillips 4/18

Release Star Lotuleilei

Release AJ Klein 

Draft

1(25) - Kenyon Green OL, Texas A&M

2(57) - Travis Jones DT, UConn 

3(89) - Jalen Wydermyer TE, Texas A&M 

4(126) - Jack Jones CB, Arizona State 

Kirk is closer to the 11-13 mil range per year, 6 mil average is wishful thinking. With that being said he could easily take a cap hit of less in 2022 but will go up in 2023. If they sign Kirk then beasley could be let go (as he will likely play in the slot for the bills), along with Diggs new deal that could restructure more money for 2022 to be able to afford kirk but that will still put a lot of money in the wr position. Also I dont really care for patterson but in no way does he get a 2 year 7 mil deal he is around that just on 1 year not 2. Likely will land 5-8 mil per year for him.

Everyone saying release Star and while I am with you on doing so, I dont see this move being done. Beane will view it as more of 7.7 mil being wasted and only saving 1.5 mil wont get them any one on that roster at the position. He will likely be left on the roster this year unless he retires, which is rumored that he is contemplating it. 

I agree on the release of klein I just dont see the bills looking at paying him that much to be backup, they either flat out cut him or they restructure to where it frees up 5 mil. With dodson already signed I expect that.

By releasing Feliciano and Williams, you have now made the oline worse.  Beane has made it a point that he wants to upgrade his protection, cant count on drafting a guard to come in day 1 and expect him to be the starter it is to risky. If feliciano and williams are let go they have paid some veteran a boat load of money to be here to upgrade that line. I dont disagree with cutting them but in no way are they letting these guys go with out a plan that is already in front of them in which includes veteran guards. Green is one of my top choices but its no guarantee he falls, he has been climbing up draft board and could be the first interior lineman off the board. This scenario also means that feliciano and williams are still on the roster for the offseason in which then guarantees are paid out and that means cap hits will be less than what they currently would be. Feliciano receives a 500k roster bonus on 3/20 and williams receives a full guaranteed salary of 4.35 mil on 3/20. 

Jarvis Landry likely to be released by the browns as he is due 16.3 mil this year, wouldnt be that bad of an option if you are looking at the slot spot and trying to save money on beasley. Injury history worries me but he is a few years younger then Beasley and likely wont cost a ton. He is good when healthy but he will be be turning 30 during the season. Between age and injury history, with being a contender he may be willing to do a reasonable contract. Not my top choice but an option to fill the slot if the bills are looking else where.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Kirk is closer to the 11-13 mil range per year, 6 mil average is wishful thinking. With that being said he could easily take a cap hit of less in 2022 but will go up in 2023. If they sign Kirk then beasley could be let go (as he will likely play in the slot for the bills), along with Diggs new deal that could restructure more money for 2022 to be able to afford kirk but that will still put a lot of money in the wr position. Also I dont really care for patterson but in no way does he get a 2 year 7 mil deal he is around that just on 1 year not 2. Likely will land 5-8 mil per year for him.

Everyone saying release Star and while I am with you on doing so, I dont see this move being done. Beane will view it as more of 7.7 mil being wasted and only saving 1.5 mil wont get them any one on that roster at the position. He will likely be left on the roster this year unless he retires, which is rumored that he is contemplating it. 

I agree on the release of klein I just dont see the bills looking at paying him that much to be backup, they either flat out cut him or they restructure to where it frees up 5 mil. With dodson already signed I expect that.

By releasing Feliciano and Williams, you have now made the oline worse.  Beane has made it a point that he wants to upgrade his protection, cant count on drafting a guard to come in day 1 and expect him to be the starter it is to risky. If feliciano and williams are let go they have paid some veteran a boat load of money to be here to upgrade that line. I dont disagree with cutting them but in no way are they letting these guys go with out a plan that is already in front of them in which includes veteran guards. Green is one of my top choices but its no guarantee he falls, he has been climbing up draft board and could be the first interior lineman off the board. This scenario also means that feliciano and williams are still on the roster for the offseason in which then guarantees are paid out and that means cap hits will be less than what they currently would be. Feliciano receives a 500k roster bonus on 3/20 and williams receives a full guaranteed salary of 4.35 mil on 3/20. 

I restructured Williams. Released Feliciano. Kirk not getting that kind of money, no way.

Just seen Harrison Phillips PFF grade. Hes getting paid this off season. 6th best run stopping DT. If we keep Star, were not paying Phillips. If we get Jordan Davis I'm good with letting Phillips walk. Star would be a good mentor to Davis.

Also read speculation Jordan Phillips might get released. I'd be good bringing him back even with the injury concerns 

Edited by BillsGuy82

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

I restructured Williams. Released Feliciano. Kirk not getting that kind of money, no way.

Just seen Harrison Phillips PFF grade. Hes getting paid this off season. 6th best run stopping DT. If we keep Star, were not paying Phillips. If we get Jordan Davis I'm good with letting Phillips walk. Star would be a good mentor to Davis.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Jarvis Landry likely to be released by the browns as he is due 16.3 mil this year, wouldnt be that bad of an option if you are looking at the slot spot and trying to save money on beasley. Injury history worries me but he is a few years younger then Beasley and likely wont cost a ton. He is good when healthy but he will be be turning 30 during the season. Between age and injury history, with being a contender he may be willing to do a reasonable contract. Not my top choice but an option to fill the slot if the bills are looking else where.

Jarvis Landry would be a good get. 

47 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Also read speculation Jordan Phillips might get released. I'd be good bringing him back even with the injury concerns 

My bad I read it wrong on the restructure and not release part. I want star gone I just dont see the benefit though of only getting 1.5 mil in cap space to justify losing a rotational guy. Our 1tech DT have to be good on 1st and 2nd string with how McD rotates. If some how jordan davis falls it will balance out stars contract for the year. 

As for Kirk someone will be willing to pay him. The FA is going to be thin and some teams may view him as a versatile WR that can play both in and outside. Adams will be tagged, Godwin coming off injury and may get tagged or sign a 1 year deal with bucs, OBJ is likely out for regular season, Gallup wont be 100% for most of the season.. then you got Mike Williams Allen Robinson Christian Kirk juju and chark jr as the top of the list at WR. PFF actually has a good comparison of Kirk to Curtis Samuel both came on in their final year of their contract with their team before getting paid. Both physically the same and ability to play in and outside. 3 year 34 mil for curtis samuel which lines up with the expectations of what kirk will be seeking. 

Jordan Phillips will go back to 3 tech behind Oliver, with butler being a FA I dont hate the idea of bringin him back at a cheaper rate thats if the cardinals are willing to eat the 9 mil dead cap by cutting him.

What should the bills do with Mitch Morse, cap hit of $11.25 going in to his last year of his deal. Dead cap would be 3.75 if cut. He is due 1 mil in guaranteed come 3/20. At the age of 30 come regular season would it be wise to let him go, keep him at his given rate for 1 year or extend him?

My personal choice would be to extend him another 3-4 years, he seems to have clicked with Allen. May not be the biggest center but overall held his own this year. Injuries in his past have been an issue well before signing him yet he was the only healthy olineman this year to play every game this year. What would be his market value if kept? I would assume it would be closer to the 7-8 mil per year range and would be able to clear 5-6 mil this year if not more.

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Man, I really hate that dude for what he did to Williams, though.

I get it and initially thought the same about Gronk however I can look past that if it betters the team and puts the bills in a superbowl. 2017 making the playoffs finally hit home that the bills are playoff contenders, and repeating it for the next 3 of 4 years it was great however its time to go all in and if these guys can bring that I think we can all get behind them if they do come aboard. Im just tired of hearing "next year" or "we are steadily building this team to do better for next year". At some point Beane is got to put all his chips in the pot and go all in. We have been so close the past couple years and bills just need to find those pieces on both sides of the ball to get us there, and while we have always been "build through the draft mentality" I think you have to take a different path this year to get those guys who can contribute now and not focus on them developing for future.