2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think Ford is worth keeping around even if Beane can find a trade partner? I would hate to keep a guy we already know is incapable of being on the field and causing Allen to get sacked, hurt or penalized. 

If he can find a trade partner I am all for it but if not I have no issues bringing a super cheap versatile player to camp. See if Kromer can work some magic with him. If not, cut him. 

54 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Based on your ST ranks the last few years I’d imagine this is a good hire? 

This year was fairly disappointing in ST and I think the final nail in the coffin is booting it in to the endzone with 13 seconds left against kc rather then squib kicking it. He isnt a bad hire but he isnt a great one. There is a reason Beane our GM didnt re-sign him to a new deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

This year was fairly disappointing in ST and I think the final nail in the coffin is booting it in to the endzone with 13 seconds left against kc rather then squib kicking it. He isnt a bad hire but he isnt a great one. There is a reason Beane our GM didnt re-sign him to a new deal.

I mean sometimes teams just want a change/new voice in certain areas too. Def was a bad look as far as the no squib kick though.

We just had one of the worst ST situations I have ever seen, so a competent coach in that area should go a long ways regardless.

54 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Based on your ST ranks the last few years I’d imagine this is a good hire? 

Guess it depends how you feel about DVOA.

I don’t think he was the worst coach by any means but our punting situation was horrid and the staff made a bad call on returners. Though McDermott will never publicly say it, it’s well believed Farewell is the one who failed getting the message to Bass about squibbing in the Divisional round. 

You could certainly do a lot worse 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean sometimes teams just want a change/new voice in certain areas too. Def was a bad look as far as the no squib kick though.

We just had one of the worst ST situations I have ever seen, so a competent coach in that area should go a long ways regardless.

Yea the move seems right for both teams. Bills are trying to get over the hill to the superbowl so changing something that was kind of a let down this year with the change at KR and Punter have failed not to mention the Bills have had only one blocked punt in the last 5 seasons. He has been coach since 2019. I am not hating on the guy as I think he will produce much better then what you guys had but I think at this point the bills wanted some new blood at the coaching spot. Same went with the OLine coach and hopefully the DLine coach.

• Like 1

I saw an article by Talbot that suggested we draft Jameson Williams if he falls to 25. Got me thinking while it is not a major need more so then other positions like Guard or IDT would it be a good or bad thing to take Williams over a need? Not only is WR not a big need but he is also injured. However as Talbot mentions with the team we have, we will likely not land a top 10 spot in a draft any time in the near future and to see top 10 talent fall to 25, even if injured the risk may be worth it. Am I the only one not hating this idea? Diggs 29 years old, davis going on year 3 of his 4 year deal, and beasley 32 going on 33 and on his last year dont see anyone else on this team being able to be a top producer that these 3 offer as of right now, adding Williams could be a long game move and be an impact mid season

After watching the game last night the dline has to be improved this off season. Being able to win in the trenches has allowed teams like Bengals and rams to get to where they were. We have been solid on offense but could use some interior help. The main concern is the d line. Ideally Chandler Jones is my top choice but we maybe at one of those points in which Beane has to make a deal via trade to land the guy who can get to the QB? Im thinking of Mack as an example, hes 30 years old and coming off foot surgery. With the bears starting fresh with GM and HC maybe they are looking for a rebuild. Thinking of possibly 2 seconds for him, and his price tag this year will be only 12 mil which the bills can get to just by making some minor adjustments without having to physically cut any guys. This time reminds me of the Diggs trade, to get the next difference maker to get to the next level. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

After watching the game last night the dline has to be improved this off season. Being able to win in the trenches has allowed teams like Bengals and rams to get to where they were. We have been solid on offense but could use some interior help. The main concern is the d line. Ideally Chandler Jones is my top choice but we maybe at one of those points in which Beane has to make a deal via trade to land the guy who can get to the QB? Im thinking of Mack as an example, hes 30 years old and coming off foot surgery. With the bears starting fresh with GM and HC maybe they are looking for a rebuild. Thinking of possibly 2 seconds for him, and his price tag this year will be only 12 mil which the bills can get to just by making some minor adjustments without having to physically cut any guys. This time reminds me of the Diggs trade, to get the next difference maker to get to the next level. 

Jordan Davis is a perfect guy to play beside Ed Oliver and Gregory Rousseau. 4 sacks dont do Rousseau a justice. I said in another thread I think more of his pressures are gonna turn into sacks as he progresses. I think 10+ is a legit possibility from Rousseau as early as next season, especially playing with Davis and Oliver. Basham should be favorite opposite but I think we could get a veteran to replace Hughes and Addison.

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Jordan Davis is a perfect guy to play beside Ed Oliver and Gregory Rousseau. 4 sacks dont do Rousseau a justice. I said in another thread I think more of his pressures are gonna turn into sacks as he progresses. I think 10+ is a legit possibility from Rousseau as early as next season, especially playing with Davis and Oliver. Basham should be favorite opposite but I think we could get a veteran to replace Hughes and Addison.

Yea hopefully Rousseau steps up but again the bills do not have a dominant now player at pass rush it is basing it off potential and expectations. Until he translates that in to sacks I still would like someone opposite to him. McD defense rotates quite a bit and basham still needs quite a bit of work, last year he hit the health scratch list often and while he may step in to a bigger role this year I wouldnt want him or epenesa starting opposite to rousseau just yet. Ideally a veteran who has already been there by creating pressure and actually getting to the qb in chandler jones via free agency or make a trade move for Mack would be ideal. This is the time Beane needs to make a push as he flirted with Von Miller and JJ Watt in the past year he needs to pull the trigger and see that landing one of those guys would be the difference maker the defense needs in order to beat teams like KC. Jordan Davis is my ideal candidate he is the plug they need without question but it all depends on whether or not a team will pull the trigger and get him ahead of us. I think teams may shy away because he isnt a 3 down DT and that we do not need that from him as we are rotating so much. Him and re-singning harrison phillips would be the 2 1t DT I would want on the roster over star and someone else. 

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said the team's offseason roster moves will focus on protecting Josh Allen. 

"First thing, I'm going to try and protect him," Beane said of Allen. "As I said earlier, I have to make sure the o-line is set and that we're confident in them."

Thought that this is interesting just solidifies our thoughts on Feliciano and Williams likely one is gone if not both