2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m fully on the train of add a WR (Williams, Olave, Wilson) or OG or Jordan Davis at 25.

The Bills look to be really good for a long time and difference makers at the play making position don’t typically fall to the mid 20s. If you have a chance to grab one, you should. Especially with Diggs and Davis the only secured targets after this season and if they get hurt this season, we have nothing on the outside. 

A lot of bills fans love their Big 10 WRs particularly Penn St and OSU. Olave is making a case to be the 2nd or 3rd wr off the board dont see these guys making it to 25, williams maybe just because a team may not want to wait on him to recover. I dont like the guy from Penn St or Arkansas so I would be disappointed if they go with one of them as I see similar talent in day 2 that can be considered as good as them. Corner needs to be an option too cause outside of an injured Tre we only have Dane and that is something that could be picked at 25 too.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m fully on the train of add a WR (Williams, Olave, Wilson) or OG or Jordan Davis at 25.

The Bills look to be really good for a long time and difference makers at the play making position don’t typically fall to the mid 20s. If you have a chance to grab one, you should. Especially with Diggs and Davis the only secured targets after this season and if they get hurt this season, we have nothing on the outside. 

Do you think WR or OG is viewed as a premium position in Beane's eyes? Because Beane has said several times that they value premium positions in the early rounds and his draft history has backed this up.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

1 hour ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Do you think WR or OG is viewed as a premium position in Beane's eyes? Because Beane has said several times that they value premium positions in the early rounds and his draft history has backed this up.

WR yes. He traded a 1 and then some for Diggs and they were looking hard at Ceedee Lamb before that trade went down. 

OG likely less so but if the person can also play C then yes. And with Beane adding protecting Allen is priority number 1, I can see it.

Of course, free agency may alter things.

3 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I wonder what we could get for Beasley? I assume not much for an aging slot receiver.

Day 3 pick maybe him and a draft pick for a different player. He still has some value as he has great hands and solid route runner. while older he can be a security blanket for a younger qb like he was for Allen. 

Beane has stated a few times already this year that his top priority is making sure allen is protected. With Dawkins and Brown pretty much solidifying the tackle position it only means interior is the focal point. So I would think he is looking to upgrade that position whether it is in the draft or free agency

• Like 1

Am I the only one thinking that with all this talk (seemingly being drummed up by ESPN) about how the Bills should trade for Saquon or CMC that if we trade for a RB that Ettiene would make more sense?

We were rumored to be interested in him last year, new coach in Jax, Lawrence was lobbying for James Robinson to get more playing time, plus Ettiene would be under his rookie contract for 4 more years (including 5th year option).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Day 3 pick maybe him and a draft pick for a different player. He still has some value as he has great hands and solid route runner. while older he can be a security blanket for a younger qb like he was for Allen. 

I think the biggest issue with Beasley is the salary he is likely looking for. I don't think he's worth 8-10 million at his age. Maybe for a 1 year deal.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Read Beasley requested a trade

Sounds like the Bills asked him to take a pay cut and he said no. With us having very little cap space, I think we should trade him to clear space. We should be looking at WR in the top 3 rounds of the draft and I think we can get a veteran to take a team friendly deal to play in this offense. This is one of the most desirable offenses to play in for WR's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Am I the only one thinking that with all this talk (seemingly being drummed up by ESPN) about how the Bills should trade for Saquon or CMC that if we trade for a RB that Ettiene would make more sense?

We were rumored to be interested in him last year, new coach in Jax, Lawrence was lobbying for James Robinson to get more playing time, plus Ettiene would be under his rookie contract for 4 more years (including 5th year option).

That would be something. I wouldn’t want to give up more than a 3rd though. And I can’t imagine the Jags would dump their first round pick for just that. Maybe send them Beasley too lol

51 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Sounds like the Bills asked him to take a pay cut and he said no. With us having very little cap space, I think we should trade him to clear space. We should be looking at WR in the top 3 rounds of the draft and I think we can get a veteran to take a team friendly deal to play in this offense. This is one of the most desirable offenses to play in for WR's.

I think the Bills need to get younger and faster here anyway. I wouldn’t have hated to have Beasley and/or Sanders back for one more year. But at the end of the day Diggs is elite, Davis is a clear year 3 breakout candidate and really that’s it. 

Id invest two picks or a pick and a proven free agency pick up (Kirk, Wilson, etc) into the position. Also not opposed to bringing McKenzie back at the right price 

Does this bump WR up the draft boards or does this mean Allen has Kirk ready to join 🤨