2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

On 2/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Thought that this is interesting just solidifies our thoughts on Feliciano and Williams likely one is gone if not both

I dont oppose this.. I agree with you on Jordan Davis and both Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green. Those 3 top my BB for pick 25. Seems like were on the same page as Beane.

I think we can get a suitable CB in rounds 2 or 3 of the draft 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I dont oppose this.. I agree with you on Jordan Davis and both Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green. Those 3 top my BB for pick 25. Seems like were on the same page as Beane.

I think we can get a suitable CB in rounds 2 or 3 of the draft 

I’m all for upgrading the trenches in round 1. Don’t really care which side right now.

Agree about CB. This staff has gotten Wallace and Jackson to play at high levels and neither were obviously high picks or picked at all. Unless the player is clear BPA and a stud athlete I don’t think we need to go CB in round 1 like the media suggest.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m all for upgrading the trenches in round 1. Don’t really care which side right now.

Agree about CB. This staff has gotten Wallace and Jackson to play at high levels and neither were obviously high picks or picked at all. Unless the player is clear BPA and a stud athlete I don’t think we need to go CB in round 1 like the media suggest.

Were in a nice spot at 25 for the DT, IOL, CB help. I think Gardner and Stingley Jr stand out at CB but after that we got 7-8 names interchangeable. It's not deep talent wise but the top 12 CB are very nice. 

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Read an article on Jerry Hughes maybe coming back on a vet minimum contract to get a ring.

Would anyone oppose this ?

For vet min absolutely but I would be surprised he would settle staying for vet min. I know ring chasing could be enticing but at the same time money still trumps it all as this will likely be his last go. "IF" some how he does settle for vet min then this could be a situation in which the bills will only need to add one vet to the roster. We currently have epenesa, rousseau and basham as locks for 53 man roster. Obada, Addison, and Hughes are free agents. We held on to 6 DE this year so if the bills sign Hughes to vet min then they still need 2 more, I am all for Chandler Jones, so if that some how happens they have another spot to either bring obada or a mid to late rd draft pick in for the 6 spot. 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

For vet min absolutely but I would be surprised he would settle staying for vet min. I know ring chasing could be enticing but at the same time money still trumps it all as this will likely be his last go. "IF" some how he does settle for vet min then this could be a situation in which the bills will only need to add one vet to the roster. We currently have epenesa, rousseau and basham as locks for 53 man roster. Obada, Addison, and Hughes are free agents. We held on to 6 DE this year so if the bills sign Hughes to vet min then they still need 2 more, I am all for Chandler Jones, so if that some how happens they have another spot to either bring obada or a mid to late rd draft pick in for the 6 spot. 

Dante Fowler, maybe? Recently released by Falcons.

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I personally hope we go with someone a little more proven and a better fit to go behind Basham and Rousseau in the rotation. I haven't given up on Epenesa but I'm not sure he ever becomes anything more than a rotational player. Basham and Rousseau showed a lot of positive signs and if we upgrade the IDL I think both will flourish in year 2.

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I personally hope we go with someone a little more proven and a better fit to go behind Basham and Rousseau in the rotation. I haven't given up on Epenesa but I'm not sure he ever becomes anything more than a rotational player. Basham and Rousseau showed a lot of positive signs and if we upgrade the IDL I think both will flourish in year 2.

Im not sure how Beane will be but this is where I think you go all in on the top pass rusher that hits the free agency. I will get my hopes up thinking its Chandler Jones as he is the best option out there and can be the guy we need while Basham and Rousseau take the next step. Having Jones on a 2-3 year deal to be around those 2 to get them to the next level while also being a major contributor to the dline is best case scenario. I think Rousseau is ready to take on a major role and based on the past couple of years addison and hughes ate up 50-65% of the snaps while others rotated. If you can get rousseau and jones in there for that 50%+ snaps while basham and epenesa get in along with a hughes/Obada option as the 5th rotational guy they could be in a good position. To me fowler is to inconsistent he had 1 amazing season with the Rams and 1 solid season with the jags but the other 4 seasons he was non existent, I just dont know if that is a guy who can make the impact we need to get to the next level and I would hate to have that figured out to late in to the season if he isnt any good. Jones has just been consistent and outside of his injury he is still averaging 10.7 sacks a season. Remove 2020 and hes around 12 sacks a season. 2014 we had 3 players with double digit sacks, since then Lorenzo Alexander in 2016 was the only one to have double digit sacks. We need to find someone who can bring that to the table this coming year if you want to be a contender. I also agree with trent IDL is as big of a need as landing a pass rusher like Jones. The only guy I can think of in free agency is Akeim Hicks that can be a penetrator in the middle of the line, not sure if there is anyone else that can be had in free agency that is a disrupter in the middle?

10 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with Rousseau and Basham but Epenesa looking like a bust.