2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaZ_T2zuWhY/?utm_medium=copy_link

Feliciano has either gotten word he’s safe or has agreed to a reduced deal.

I am truly hoping It is on a reduced deal and he goes back to RG and backup center duties. I really do not want him being a starter as we saw how much better the interior was without him in the lineup. I guess they will cut Williams as I do not see the point in keeping both at that price.

So I just looked 2021 season was year 7 for him so he may just be showing this past season's experience and may mean nothing for 2022.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I am truly hoping It is on a reduced deal and he goes back to RG and backup center duties. I really do not want him being a starter as we saw how much better the interior was without him in the lineup. I guess they will cut Williams as I do not see the point in keeping both at that price.

So I just looked 2021 season was year 7 for him so he may just be showing this past season's experience and may mean nothing for 2022.

Good call. I think I just misinterpreted what he said. 

Schoen has made it public that Barkley is on the trade block. With the connections we now have with Giants would it be out of the realm that the bills can strike a deal? I know 1 year 7 mil is a lot and I am sure it would cost a 3rd or day 3 pick but what would a contract restructure/extension look like if we were to make the move? I am not for this trade just curious what the cost would be to bring him in? The talent is there to answer our rushing game woes but he needs to stay healthy which is why I am not a big fan of this move if it happens. Does beane view this as a potential low risk high reward scenario if we can get him to restructure his deal?

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Schoen has made it public that Barkley is on the trade block. With the connections we now have with Giants would it be out of the realm that the bills can strike a deal? I know 1 year 7 mil is a lot and I am sure it would cost a 3rd or day 3 pick but what would a contract restructure/extension look like if we were to make the move? I am not for this trade just curious what the cost would be to bring him in? The talent is there to answer our rushing game woes but he needs to stay healthy which is why I am not a big fan of this move if it happens. Does beane view this as a potential low risk high reward scenario if we can get him to restructure his deal?

I'm on the fence with Barkley. I think we'll be all good next year with adding a cheaper alternative like James White or Cordarelle Patterson with Motor and Moss 

Depending on the cost wouldnt hate it but not really all for it 

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm on the fence with Barkley. I think we'll be all good next year with adding a cheaper alternative like James White or Cordarelle Patterson with Motor and Moss 

Depending on the cost wouldnt hate it but not really all for it 

Yea I am on the fence as well. While I think it would benefit the offense by having a bigger threat in the run game, when healthy it opens us up to a lot of options and just having his name out there could cause opposing defense issues but it is costly. As for other options I am not sure its worth it both Patterson and White are 30 years old at the RB position that is old. I also do not see Patterson settling for a cheap contract, I am sure some desperate team will be looking to pay him, I wouldnt be shocked if it is Miami as the new HC would want to use him like he used Deebo in San Fran. I am perfectly content with Singletary as the primary and drafting a back up, I just dont know about Moss he seems to have never got to the next level, with singletary I see signs of improvements but with Moss I havent seen it that much to think he is safe to be the #2. Towards the 2nd half of the season he was barely used and I dont know if he was in Dabolls dog house or what but it isnt a good sign he is here long term and could be a trade piece this offseason

15 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I wonder how Tre White feels about this. I would still hold a grudge towards him after that cheap shot he put on him a few years ago if I were Tre.

I doubt Beane would even consider bringing him in last year if he felt that players would be uncomfortable with him being in the locker room. I know its not an excuse but it is a violent sport and players do get caught up  in the moment and I am sure it being 4 years later tre probably let it go. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Would make the Bills nearly unstoppable in 12 personnel with him, Knox, Diggs and Davis on the field. 

It would also help Singletary in the run game as gronk can block something that Knox has issues with. Even the threat of gronk on the field opens it up to double teams leaving knox and davis open as opposing teams would be concerned with diggs and gronk. May not be top need or choice to bring in but he would definitely add a boost to the offense especially in the redzone

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I doubt Beane would even consider bringing him in last year if he felt that players would be uncomfortable with him being in the locker room. I know its not an excuse but it is a violent sport and players do get caught up  in the moment and I am sure it being 4 years later tre probably let it go. 

I assume the way the coaches and front office seem to be close with the players that they asked Tre about this and he was okay with it.

I’m fully on the train of add a WR (Williams, Olave, Wilson) or OG or Jordan Davis at 25.

The Bills look to be really good for a long time and difference makers at the play making position don’t typically fall to the mid 20s. If you have a chance to grab one, you should. Especially with Diggs and Davis the only secured targets after this season and if they get hurt this season, we have nothing on the outside.