2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

Harold Landry wasn't tagged by titans....Would he be a fit for Buffalo? I know titans play more of a 3-4 style defense so wasnt sure if he would have a tough time transitioning to hand in the ground that the bills are accustom to doing? Didnt do much reading up on him as I expected the titans to tag him

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Bobby Wagner plz

Bills just cut Klein cause of finances, I do not see the bills paying wagner. Bills are a nickel based defense with 2 LBs which milano and edmunds are and they are counting for about 22-23 mil this year spending money on a back up isnt worth it when there are other needs. Dodson will likely get the nod to be primary back up this year. 

16 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Harold Landry wasn't tagged by titans....Would he be a fit for Buffalo? I know titans play more of a 3-4 style defense so wasnt sure if he would have a tough time transitioning to hand in the ground that the bills are accustom to doing? Didnt do much reading up on him as I expected the titans to tag him

He resigned for 5/87.5 million 🤢

Not sure about that contract lol

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

i could see him and Epenesa fighting it out for that 3rd rotation spot. He’ll be cheap, players love him and he knows the system. 

We need production out of him. Unless it's a vet minimum, why bring Lawson back? It's one thing wanting him as depth for the playoff push last season, it's a hard pass for me on Lawson. He hasnt produced in 2 years 

I guess this is the vet that came to Beane at the combine, if so that is disappointing. I can see us bringing him in as they only have 3 on the roster and will likely use 6 during the season. Wouldnt just settle for him and another depth player, I want them to go all in on a guy who can make a major impact. 6.5 sacks isnt going to cut it anymore we need to get a guy to double digit sacks. Having our edge rusher get less than 20 sacks a year total is miserable and I dont see how that is going to get us to the next level if we cant get to the qb without having to blitz. We pay these DE and rotate them constantly so there should be no excuses not to get a combined 20+ sacks in a season. Im not asking for one guy to do so im just saying as a group do it. In 2020 we couldnt do 1 sack a game average and this past year it was just barely over 1 a game. While guys like Tj Watt, or Bosa etc gobble up 1+ a game on their own.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We need production out of him. Unless it's a vet minimum, why bring Lawson back? It's one thing wanting him as depth for the playoff push last season, it's a hard pass for me on Lawson. He hasnt produced in 2 years 

He also hasn’t been in a system that suits him. Mimi signing him and standing up was stupid. He’s still good against the run. 

If he’s signed it’ll probably be a camp deal where if he falters they can move on. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Crazy to pay him and dupree 80+ mil 

My buddy made a good point on Tennessee. They're built on not having to pay insane money to QB. 

But that's stoopid money for your book ends who imo arent top tier. Very good but not great 

He also hasn’t been in a system that suits him. Mimi signing him and standing up was stupid. He’s still good against the run. 

If he’s signed it’ll probably be a camp deal where if he falters they can move on. 

I guess, maybe throw Lawson in on 1st down against the run but I mean, this guy doesnt have much to offer imo. 

I hope this isnt the "vet" the internet is talking about 😂