2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

On 1/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Wallace, Neal, Boettger, Harrison Phillips and McKenzie would be on my list. Wouldn't care about losing the rest.

Bills likely release or restructure Beasley, Felciano, Daryl Williams and Star to create another 10-12 million in space

Id like Addison as well. Not the best but he is our sack leader and think itcwould benefit us to atleast keep him in our rotation.

• Like 1

IF Emmanuel Sanders retires it makes absolutely 0 sense to release Beasley, like 0 sense.

We need to get past the vax stuff and be logical for the sake of the team. Our cap situation isnt fire with the money coming off the books.

Rolling with Diggs, Davis, Beasley, McKenzie (potentially) makes me alot more comfortable than rolling with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie (potentially) and mid round pick at WR 

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

IF Emmanuel Sanders retires it makes absolutely 0 sense to release Beasley, like 0 sense.

We need to get past the vax stuff and be logical for the sake of the team. Our cap situation isnt fire with the money coming off the books.

Rolling with Diggs, Davis, Beasley, McKenzie (potentially) makes me alot more comfortable than rolling with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie (potentially) and mid round pick at WR 

It has nothing to do with vax.

he’s a shell of himself and cost way too much. Lower his cap number then sure keep him. But the Bills could get Mackenzie and another WR for that price 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

It has nothing to do with vax.

he’s a shell of himself and cost way too much. Lower his cap number then sure keep him. But the Bills could get Mackenzie and another WR for that price 

Lol what?

82 receptions in a spread offense is hardly a shell of himself. Matched his career high receptions, his YPR is down but not like hes dropping balls consistently 

Isaiah McKenzie hasnt exactly been lights out the last 2 weeks after his break out. 

Edited by BillsGuy82

On 1/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I don’t even see Bienemy being mentioned anymore. He could get interest still but I think his past and other issues will stop him from being a HC. 

Caldwell is a very smart coach and gets the most out of his QBs. He had Flacco looking good I’m Baltimore and they could run the ball. I honestly hope he’s brought in as a consultant type coach on offense if Dorsey is promoted. Someone he can lean on. 

The Bills will have to fulfil the Rooney rule if Daboll leaves, so between that and the list of coaches who will want to work with Allen, I bet it’s an extensive search. 

The offense while has been good it just seems off and I am not sure if other teams are viewing daboll as a candidate any more. I think the offensive guys that teams will be looking at are Moore, Leftwich, and Pederson before Daboll.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I’m not sure who will be out there at DE in free agency or the draft. That would just be my dream off season to put the Bills over the top. 

I expect we add guys at those positions but not necessarily game changers. 

I hope they dont go after one in the draft. I saw that the jets cut Shaq lawson on Saturday and apparently beane is interested. Wouldnt hate the idea that once he does unclaimed to sign him to the psqaud then add him to the roster next year but I dont see him as the answer however it would be a nice depth add since we rotate so much and he can fill in for hughes or addison spot. Not a big fan of bringing Addison back at 35 years old.

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Lol what?

82 receptions in a spread offense is hardly a shell of himself. Matched his career high receptions, his YPR is down but not like hes dropping balls consistently 

Isaiah McKenzie hasnt exactly been lights out the last 2 weeks after his break out. 

He battled injuries all year and doesn’t separate nearly as well. Receptions were good, but he clearly was not the player he was even last year. He was never a downfield option.

bills can find an upgrade or at least a long-term answer in the draft or maybe even free agency with a guy like Cedric Wilson

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I hope they dont go after one in the draft. I saw that the jets cut Shaq lawson on Saturday and apparently beane is interested. Wouldnt hate the idea that once he does unclaimed to sign him to the psqaud then add him to the roster next year but I dont see him as the answer however it would be a nice depth add since we rotate so much and he can fill in for hughes or addison spot. Not a big fan of bringing Addison back at 35 years old.

I’m not thinking a first round pick or anything but if a guy is there in the 3rd or later why not take him if he’s BPA. A cheap DE who can potentially turn into a stud is always worth it IMO.

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

He battled injuries all year and doesn’t separate nearly as well. Receptions were good, but he clearly was not the player he was even last year. He was never a downfield option.

bills can find an upgrade or at least a long-term answer in the draft or maybe even free agency with a guy like Cedric Wilson

Assuming Sanders retires I wouldnt mind one more season out of Beasley. Slot guys are a dime a dozen over the last couple years but I'm worried about our depth of we lose Beasley 

Edited by BillsGuy82

36 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Assuming Sanders retires I wouldnt mind one more season out of Beasley. Slot guys are a dime a dozen over the last couple years but I'm worried about our depth of we lose Beasley 

We dump beasley simply because of cap space I dont care about vax or unvax it is what it is. He has a huge cap hit and clearing 6 mil and him being 33 is a concern. Could we extend him another year to drop some cap absolutely but at his price tag right now I am fine with moving on from him. If we do keep him I dont see how we can bring Mckenzie back as he is going to seek more then a 1 year 1 mil deal that he is getting this year. I think if Mckenzie signs less then beasley and its a multi year deal I am good with that as he has shown he can fill in the slot. We havent even utilizes Stevenson in which he is also a slot guy too so the depth is there. Not to mention we have gone heavy on TE this year compared to last year so another player that fills in as Knox played some slot this season while beasley was on sideline.

Sanders already said he is retiring and even if he doesnt, doesnt mean bills will resign him as Davis has stepped up. I think the bills need to find another element in the #2 game which is the deep threat and need to land a speedy guy outside. 

41 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Has Singletary recent play pushed out draft need on a RB down ?

I have our draft needs currently ranked

OL, DT, CB, RB, WR 

I agree with the first 4 but the last one I would put TE. Yes we have knox but outside of that we dont have much, I am not a big sweeney fan and if one that is available day 2 or day 3 also LB is ahead of WR for me. We can clear some space by moving on from Klein 5.1 mil cap hit.

43 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Schoen also interviewing for Giants GM Job. If he lands a GM job does Daboll go with him as their HC? Judge isn't locked in and I doubt he would take a GM job with a lame duck HC. Then you dive in even deeper and see Daboll bring Trubisky to compete against Jones and he knows his system. 

Edited by soflbillsfan