Give me 5 pre-combine draft crushes...

mwalker

Here's mine:

OT E.Neal, Alabama - likely gone very early, but he's special. Likely gone top 5, but who knows.
DT J.Davis, Georgia - Athleticism and size like this is rare. Imagine him with Cam and Tuitt for a year or two.
WR J.Williams, Alabama - probably not spending a RD1 on WR, but he's a game changer.
CB A.Gardner, Cincy - 'Sauce' is so slick (his opposite CB C.Bryant is also a player)
OG K.Green, TA&M - he could be the pick where we are. 10 year starter from day 1

A couple more late/sleeper types:
The two OGs from Tulsa - T.Smith and C.Paul are beasts
Penn State Dl - PJ Mustipher is a player when he's healthy

• Like 2

OT Charles Cross Miss St.  Young, Great pass protection  has the size and body to be a great LT.

EDGE Jermaine Johnson Miami Explosive edge player.

DT Travis Jones UConn One of the better Dts for playing 2 gap

OG Darian Kinnard Ken Best road grader in the draft.

OT Bernhard Raimann Central Mich. - Physical Freak!! If you like smooth feet on a tackle, you’re going to love him.

Extra: Daniel Faalele Man Mountain, OT Minn - freakishly large athlete for the game and moves with more agility and grace than you'd ever expect from a man of his size.

• Like 2

FIRST ROUND AVAILABLE CRUSH:

Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum - Converted DT 2 years ago and already an elite C at the college level.  He's gonna be a top 10 C from the day he steps on the field.  Moves extremely well for his size.  Both a road grater in the run game, a movement C, and a great pass blocker.

SECOND ROUND CRUSHES:

Penn State WR Jahan Dotson - Watch his tape and tell me you aren't impressed.  Speed to beat players on the outside.  Precise route running to beat defenders in tighter spaces.  Plays a lot like Antonio Brown with Desean Jackson speed.  Elite return man ability to boot.  I'd honestly move Johnson, bring back Juju, keep Claypool, sign a new X WR to work with this 4 man group.

Alabama S Jordan Battle - Good size, good athleticism, active tackler.  Somewhat like Minkah, he has some great flexibility in single-high, cover-2, cover-3, playing in the box, and playing in space.  Combined with Minkah, this could give a great 1-2 combo of safeties that allows the backend of the defense to be unpredictable of who's in the box, who's in coverage, and who's in the box.

THIRD ROUND CRUSHES:

Ohio State G Thayer Munford - This guy is BIG at 6'6" 320 pounds.  True road grater in the run game but not a liability in the passing game.  I am strong in my feeling that this guy is one that will go in the 3rd but a bunch of teams will be wondering what they missed in him.

Connecticut NT Travis Jones - He's somewhat like Hargrave where he has the ability to play 0T and 3T based on what you need, but he's more of a true lane clogger in his ability to eat blockers.  He's be a NT I'm comfortable with and at a pick I'm fine using on the position.

LATER ROUND SLEEPERS:

UTSA CB Tariq Woolen - 6'4" corner with great length, good coverage skills.  Converted from WR to CB so don't rely on stats to tell you the story.  Athletic freak and will test really well.

Coastal Carolina EDGE Jeffrey Gunter - Good edge setter in the run game.  Great motor overall in the rush game. Great backup style pass rusher.

Nebraska ILB Jojo Domann - A slightly more athletic Vince Williams.  Guy is gonna be a great ST player because he hustles and looks at every play like his last.  Could be a decent supplemental ILB to play spot starts and spot plays.

Sam Houston State CB Zyon McColllum - Like Tariq Woolen he's just a big long guy who excels in coverage and really uses his length to create some problems.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jebrick said:

DT Travis Jones UConn One of the better Dts for playing 2 gap

Just now, warfelg said:

Connecticut NT Travis Jones - He's somewhat like Hargrave where he has the ability to play 0T and 3T based on what you need, but he's more of a true lane clogger in his ability to eat blockers.  He's be a NT I'm comfortable with and at a pick I'm fine using on the position.

Get out of my head.

I'm also an early proponent of Travis Jones. I'm interested in watching this thread fill up so I can get some new prospects to look at. 

As for my list, I'll try to do people that haven't been listed. 

Ikem Edwonu OG/OT NC State - An absolute unit and mauler. Plays like Neal should play.
Desmond Ridder QB Cinci - Big arm, great athleticism, hard worker, but can it ever come together?
Drake London Giant Sized WR USC - 6'5 WR that is a burner for his size. Can he break the USC WR curse?
Darian Beavers ILB/EDGE? Cinci - Big kid. Solid movement skills. Good versatility. Kind of a Kyle Van Noy Pats guy.
Kyle Hamilton S/ILB - Giant sized safety with crazy movement skills. Truly a modern defensive player. 

It's harder to find 5 when others have taken all the good ones lol

• Like 1

Leo chenal - ILB - Wisconsin

Wan'dale Robinson - wr - Kentucky 

Jamaree Salyer - OG - Georgia - move him inside at the NFL lvl, I think he's a 1st round guard prospect 

Kyler Gordon - CB - Washington - supposed to test freakish 

Tykee smith - S - Georgia - transfer from WV. Got injured but seems like he'd be a solid nickel/3rd safety

• Like 1

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

FIRST ROUND AVAILABLE CRUSH:

Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum - Converted DT 2 years ago and already an elite C at the college level.  He's gonna be a top 10 C from the day he steps on the field.  Moves extremely well for his size.  Both a road grater in the run game, a movement C, and a great pass blocker.

SECOND ROUND CRUSHES:

Penn State WR Jahan Dotson - Watch his tape and tell me you aren't impressed.  Speed to beat players on the outside.  Precise route running to beat defenders in tighter spaces.  Plays a lot like Antonio Brown with Desean Jackson speed.  Elite return man ability to boot.  I'd honestly move Johnson, bring back Juju, keep Claypool, sign a new X WR to work with this 4 man group.

If this was our 1st and 2nd rounder, Id cry tears of joy.

Dotson wont last to our 2nd rounder, though.

I doubt he makes it out of the first.   If he does, he will likely be a top 3 pick on day 2.  I could see the Bucs drafting him if they lose Godwin.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The WR class is stacked. There's a chance some good ones might slip a bit.

It’s always interesting that sometimes we see good positional value pushes guys down while teams prioritize “shallower” positions. Don’t be shocked if S/ILBs with lower grades go before better WRs. 

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The WR class is stacked. There's a chance some good ones might slip a bit.

I keep hearing this (and I'm not debating it) but after the first ten or so, I guess I just don't know the players.

I think I have a good read on these guys...

J.Williams
C.Olave
G.Wilson
T.Burks
D.Bell
D.London
J.Dotson
J.Metchie
G.Pickens

I know of, but less about these guys...

S.Moore (i think he's pretty highly rated?)
J.Tolbert (he also seems highly rated, but don't know much)
W.Robinson (he seems like a mid-round J.Dotson?)
K.Shakir 
J.Ross (I know he had major surgery)
R.Dubbs (I know he caught a lot of TDs)
X.Hutchinson 

Who/what am I missing?

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Haven’t posted here in forever, just wanted to post a few names here. 

Some of my draft crushes have already been named. Kenyon Green, Daniel Faalele, Travis Jones. Here’s a few I’ll add.

Marcus Jones, CB Houston

He is one of the most dynamic players in the draft. Great return man, ball hawk, can play slot or perimeter, and has been a gadget player on offense. 

Zonovan Knight, RB, NC State

I see what the Steelers probably thought they saw when they drafted AntMac. Knight can be a change of pace 3rd down back if he can get better at pass pro. He’s a good receiver out of the backfield, and he can return kicks. 

Tyler Smith, OG, Tulsa

6’5 332lbs and he might be the meanest dude in this class. Absolute mauler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJtheWicked said:

Hey everyone! Haven’t posted here in forever, just wanted to post a few names here. 

Some of my draft crushes have already been named. Kenyon Green, Daniel Faalele, Travis Jones. Here’s a few I’ll add.

Marcus Jones, CB Houston

He is one of the most dynamic players in the draft. Great return man, ball hawk, can play slot or perimeter, and has been a gadget player on offense. 

Zonovan Knight, RB, NC State

I see what the Steelers probably thought they saw when they drafted AntMac. Knight can be a change of pace 3rd down back if he can get better at pass pro. He’s a good receiver out of the backfield, and he can return kicks. 

Tyler Smith, OG, Tulsa

6’5 332lbs and he might be the meanest dude in this class. Absolute mauler.

Welcome back!