The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

For all the crap the comic book gets, I do think the storyline and ending, at a 1000 foot view, was very solid. They're going in a very different direction in the show. This season finale was relatively satisfying, but the season as a whole was honestly pretty bad. It was really weighed down by how bad the 'jokes' were and how on the nose it was. A little subtlety would have gone a long way. 

Comic spoilers:

Spoiler

The Boys finally stop Homelander, but that isn't enough for Billy. The last plotline in the book is Billy inches away from genociding every single supe in the world until Hughie stops him. I think they are heading ultimately towards that same conclusion in the show, but that's going to have to be done simultaneously with taking down Homelander and coming to a conclusion for Ryan. It will be interesting to see how they do it. There is a strong chance it is very bad and hamfisted, but I'll just hope it is better than what we just watched.

The finale was by far the best episode of the season and even it felt it like it had some fat that could have been trimmed early on in the episode.  About middle of the episode through the end though was the best this show has been since season one.  Hopefully they can keep that energy for season 5 and worry a little less about the gross out moments and dumbass humor that lobotomized Sage would enjoy.

• Like 1

I agree with others not a good season overall. They wasted a lot of time on pointless sub plots. Frenchie is a prime example of that. Now with 8 episodes to go hopefully they tone down the shock factor and actually bring up the tension that got me into this show in the first place.

Edited by Blackstar12

Spoiler

How convenient Starlight not only gets her powers back still don’t know how she lost it. She gets a huge upgrade and can now travel around Homelander speed. Also poor MM he needs to kill love sausage somehow lol.