Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would say this single picture effectively explains most of the criticism being leveled at Rodgers.  I don't expect the all-22 for this game will be doing Rodgers any favors.  He always has some degree of tunnel vision when it comes to Adams, but tonight between Adams and Jones he was on a completely different level.

Yeah, I know part of that picture is misleading because the ball is in the air already and the safety and corner and playing the deep ball, but once I heard Rodgers mention Lazard was coming across the field and open, I had to look it up and sure enough he was breaking wide open.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would say this single picture effectively explains most of the criticism being leveled at Rodgers.  I don't expect the all-22 for this game will be doing Rodgers any favors.  He always has some degree of tunnel vision when it comes to Adams, but tonight between Adams and Jones he was on a completely different level.

I kept saying it in the GDT....no WR other than DA had a single target - forget reception - a target! How can you expect to win a game that way????

I've no clue if AR was missing open WRs all night long - none of the broadcasters mentioned it and I spent less time monitoring Twitter than usual - but WTF?????

How can a #1 seed be that much out of balance (?) in a CRUCIAL game??????? I've no answer.

I was all over bringing in OBJ.  Felt we desperately needed a WR2 - but still - ZERO targets?

to me, you dump preston (easy, he was basically a nonfactor), you dump Z (stings a little, but he wasn't there all season),  you dump Crosby, you dump Cobb, you trade Love, and you restructure Kenny Clark.  You Trade/cut Billy Turner

OL is Bakh (yikes), Runyan, Meyers, Newman, Jenkins 

You tag and extend Davante, you extend or restructure Rodgers.  And you trade Love for something you need.

Now you have 10-15M and you need an edge, re-sign campbell, a scrub kicker.  Maybe you can get Z back cheap, who knows.

The pass rush is worse but the secondary could be better if JA stays healthy and stokes keeps on.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

to me, you dump preston (easy, he was basically a nonfactor), you dump Z (stings a little, but he wasn't there all season),  you dump Crosby, you dump Cobb, you trade Love, and you restructure Kenny Clark.  You Trade/cut Billy Turner

You tag and extend Davante, you extend or restructure Rodgers.  And you trade Love for something you need.

Now you have 10-15M and you need an edge, re-sign campbell, a scrub kicker.  Maybe you can get Z back cheap, who knows.

The pass rush is worse but the secondary could be better if JA stays healthy and stokes keeps on.

I'm numb to it now. Just gonna see how it plays out and take it from there.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Same game but we ID it differently. That was A crucial play no doubt - but the 4th down TD completion was the GAME.

I'll always remember that game for the fumble because GB got genuinely screwed on the call.  The ensuing TD that wins the game for SF only happened because of the fumble wasn't called.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I kept saying it in the GDT....no WR other than DA had a single target - forget reception - a target! How can you expect to win a game that way????

I've no clue if AR was missing open WRs all night long - none of the broadcasters mentioned it and I spent less time monitoring Twitter than usual - but WTF?????

How can a #1 seed be that much out of balance (?) in a CRUCIAL game??????? I've no answer.

I was all over bringing in OBJ.  Felt we desperately needed a WR2 - but still - ZERO targets?

It's hard to describe with words the level of suck the offense achieved this game.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

There is zero chance we trade Love.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

it is a possibility that this is done.  Just so many unknowns.   GB needs to have a plan to get under the cap and present that to rodgers on how/who is going to be released in order to keep him (and then see what a contract he will want to possibly stay).  

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

i get it.  MVP needs a fair amount of help to look good.  He didn't look as good as he needed to to win.  

There is a reason that @Outpost31 has been preaching that no team has won a Super Bowl with a QB making over x % of the cap.  Team game and it is hard when 1 player is consuming so much of the cap.

Rodgers counts 27M against the cap.  Mahomes 35. Stafford 23.  Brady 18 (but 24 dead no matter what next year plus he isn't signed)

It's a pretty normal QB cap number tbh.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Rodgers counts 27M against the cap.  Mahomes 35. Stafford 23.  Brady 18 (but 24 dead no matter what next year plus he isn't signed)

This team was Super Bowl caliber, this game was just another classic Packer drop your pants fail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

2021 % of cap for QB's

• Rodgers 14.04%
  • Allen 5.42%
  • Mahomes 3.94%
  • Stafford 10.69%
  • Brady 5.79
  • Garappolo 13.49
  • Burrow 4.21