Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

41 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Yeah, where are all the jet sweep motions, and plays building off of other plays?  How did it all just devolve into what we saw tonight?  I just don’t get it. 

Both offenses are rooted in the same west coast principles. Just different verbage. I think Rodgers was the one calling a lot of the plays in the huddle tonight. MLF seemed like he was far to indecisive, he was constantly trying to change personnel far too late into the clock. Sending guys in with less than 20 seconds left is unacceptable and that happened multiple times, especially on 3rd down. They couldn't get into any complex play calls because of it so Rodgers had to call more basic ones or they would have had no chance of getting lined up before the clock expired. Usually we do a pretty good job of moving Davante around so guy's can't just take him out of the game like the Niners from 2nd drive onward. Didn't seem like we even tried to move him once in the 2nd half.

Still not sure what the game plan was. Gotta love the reverse where it takes Lazard 10 minutes to cross the field and turn it north and south. Did MLF grab the play sheet from a preseason game by mistake ?? Two weeks to prepare your offense and that's what you come up with ??

Edited by cannondale

I'm thinking of the posters that wanted us to keep Rodgers regardless of cost.

Is it still 'the only option' or are doubts creeping in now over whether he'll be so good over the next 5 years he will more than pay for his cost and more than cover the loss of so many other guys on this team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm thinking of the posters that wanted us to keep Rodgers regardless of cost.

Is it still 'the only option' or are doubts creeping in now over whether he'll be so good over the next 5 years he will more than pay for his cost and more than cover the loss of so many other guys on this team.

5 years is an exaggeration. Regardless, Rodgers says he won't be part of a rebuild and I don't really see how they can be competitive. Just prepare yourself for Love/Lazard instead of Rodgers/Adams. This offense is gonna be off the charts bad.

Edited by cannondale