Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I think that throw to the doubled Adams may actually be a worse decision than Favre's last throw as a Packer

Yep. 3rd and 11, desperately need something and he just chucks a prayer into double coverage. Dude couldn't handle the pressure and tensed up hard

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think that throw to the doubled Adams may actually be a worse decision than Favre's last throw as a Packer

The smarter play would have been to look the defense towards Davante (which he did....) but then look off him and throw it to Lazard (1) or EQ (2) - either of whom were better targets given coverage. Only challenge with EQ would be if he could get ball there. 

This is true.  I still wish Simmons had been the pick, but Gary is also the real deal so good job Gute.

Yeah....cant say what kind of year Simmons had....but he was FEASTING on that CIN OL yesterday.
The way Gary's developed - I'm good with his selection.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

The smarter play would have been to look the defense towards Davante (which he did....) but then look off him and throw it to Lazard (1) or EQ (2) - either of whom were better targets given coverage. Only challenge with EQ would be if he could get ball there. 

You are correct.  Look to Davante, but throw back the other way.  Lazard especially was coming wide open and would have probably made the 50 yard line.  We would even have a first down and control of the clock.  But someone lost his poise and did a Favre.

Just now, Leader said:

The real tragedy is that I have zero doubt that if Rodgers had done this, he would have taken a look at EQ and Lazard, and then would have heaved a duck towards EQ rather than targeting the wide open Lazard. 

The real tragedy is that I have zero doubt that if Rodgers had done this, he would have taken a look at EQ and Lazard, and then would have heaved a duck towards EQ rather than targeting the wide open Lazard. 

Perhaps...cant say.....but I tend to doubt he would have been able to deliver a strike to EQ. In warmer weather perhaps - but he was well down field and running a fly pattern. Lets face it...for all his talents.....AR doesnt have a Justin Herbert arm anymore.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Perhaps...cant say.....but I tend to doubt he would have been able to deliver a strike to EQ. In warmer weather perhaps - but he was well down field and running a fly pattern. Lets face it...for all his talents.....AR doesnt have a Justin Herbert arm anymore.

Can't remember the last time he hit a deep guy in stride. Seems like they always have to slow up and let the DB catch up. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rodgers has never in his life seen a player running free behind the DB and thought to himself, "I can't make that throw"

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Can't remember the last time he hit a deep guy in stride. Seems like they always have to slow up and let the DB catch up. 

Besides Davante he has trouble gauging gait and rate of speed with the other receivers on the deeper routes.  It's another reason he is so fixated with him.

Edited by Howler

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers has never in his life seen a player running free behind the DB and thought to himself, "I can't make that throw"

This could very well be true.....but recent evidence is that in fact he cant - or doesnt with regularity at least.
I happen to love the way Herbert throws the ball. May be a complete idiot - and he's got to get the INTs down a bit if he wants to be considered a great - but I love his delivery and arm strength.