Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

4 minutes ago, BAM said:

Top secret - to keep opponents from targeting it.😉  We'd tell you but then Bakhtiari would have to kill you.😝

Google to the rescue: Green Bay Packers offensive tackle David Bakhtiari reportedly has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, a cleanup procedure following surgery for a torn ACL in January.

Was wondering if it made any difference to a LT which of his knees was injured - relative to the blocks he needs to execute etc. Probably not.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

It has some finality possibility feelings I think. As a Patriots fan I had this same feeling in 2018 when NE faced the Chargers and KC and thought this could be it any game that was about to come. I think Rodgers does return to Green Bay if he wins the Super Bowl and is just calm and happy with himself. I think he really wants to win that 2nd Super Bowl badly and not sure Green Bay gets a better chance to win it again in his mind. Homefield advantage and rest of the playoff field is wounded with injuries. The Packers also have a great combination of experience and young, emerging players. If not now, when? Maybe a Super Bowl loss is acceptable, not sure but the Packers need to get over the NFC hump at least imo. 

I tend to agree with your take.  It’s not like we’re getting the entire band together again next year because of the cap.  It does feel like a now or not with Rodgers again scenario.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Some concerns going into Saturday:

The Niners running game.  Its their bread and butter.  With the cold weather expect them to grind it out,  with reverses and misdirection sprinkled in.

Jaire Alexander-  Is he ready or rusty?  the Niners might target him and that shoulder in the running game.   Will he be able to handle Deebo on the sweeps and end around.    Can he handle Deebo on the bubble screens where they target his shoulder.  Im not too worried about his pass defense,  its the short pass and contact.  Will he hold up?

Eric Stokes - He's a rookie, GREAT job this year, but its the playoffs.   He'll be fine if he plays like he has.  Needs better ball skills though.       

Expect heavy doses of Deebo - misdirection, reverses, bubble screens - anything to give him time and space.  Can’t over-pursue and give up the edge - containment- be in position to blow up bubble screens - SPEED - get as many guys quickly to the ball carrier - tackle extremely well.

Also, be ready for SF to attack the middle - I expect Kittle to be a bigger part of their game plan.  Can’t play soft coverage - challenge the receivers and pressure Jimmy.

We got this!

Edited by Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Rumors is now Jimmy G won’t start Saturday. 

Textbook Shanny.  He can exploit Jimmy’s injury and keep MLF guessing, while knowing that GB hasn’t been exactly stellar with scrambling QB’s.  Won’t surprise me to see Shanny run Lance out onto the frozen tundra for snaps.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 11:56 PM, Packerraymond said:

Another thing I don't understand, all the fear for Deebo yet rooting to face Kupp, the far better player. Nothing against Deebo, he's a stud, but I don't get the logic.

Welcome back to Jaire. I have no doubts if our DC actually has a brain that he can take care of that problem.

Deebo stresses the team in different way - forcing tackling on the edge.  Forcing contain discipline by the edge and DL and LBs against misdirection.  Forcing Jaire alexander to tackle the ball carrier.  Forcing Rasul Douglas to fill from off coverage, or to play more press coverage.

Deebo is a worse matchup because the way he plays is a worse script for the game.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Deebo stresses the team in different way - forcing tackling on the edge.  Forcing contain discipline by the edge and DL and LBs against misdirection.  Forcing Jaire alexander to tackle the ball carrier.  Forcing Rasul Douglas to fill from off coverage, or to play more press coverage.

Deebo is a worse matchup because the way he plays is a worse script for the game.

This, he can be kind of a RB/WR hybrid throwing another wrinkle in the offense.  Cupp doesn't quite have as much that role.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

This falls into the "Dont believe it till you see it" category.

Yeah. but the Packers would be wise to prepare for Lance as well ... I wouldn't put it past Shady Shanny to have some next level packages in there for Lance.  They are going to pull out all the stops after seeing the clown show the Packers put on film at Detroit.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

would rather face Jimmy than Lance.  Garappolo is a known quantity and not a great player.  Lance has bigger risk bigger reward for SF.  His running ability is a bigger problem for GB than an already weak passing matchup getting weaker.

Ehh. I'll take a rookie starting their first playoff game ten out of ten times. 

• Like 4

Well, weather report for this game .... It's gonna be COLD out there.  Nighttime down about zero with wind chill.

A few other thoughts I had:

I dismissed these guys a little bit before this last weekend.  I mean I definitely thought they were a playoff team but figured nothing shocking about beating LA since they had been doing it.  After seeing them take it to Dallas on the road, gotta take them seriously now.

This game isn't going to be won on talent alone.  You got a team coming in that I think we do have more talent over, but they're running on a lot of energy and adrenaline right now.  We're going to have to match that, and I think in this weather Dillon's success is going to be a key factor for us.  Must bring the A game or we could and probably will lose.