Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

If the Packers are looking to replace MVS' deep-threat ability on Saturday, I wonder if they would look to David Moore? He had 4 receptions of 38 air-yards or more for Seattle last year including 2 for TDs. Two of those receptions were over 50 air-yards. Not a huge sample size but he's shown the ability to win on the deep ball. 

Been a lot of worries for the game on the board, the greatness of their run, Deebo, Shanahan's creativity, how physical they are, etc..  All for good reason.  

But this might be the kind of game (all playoff games are), where your guys need to make some championship plays.  Jones or Dillon making some championship-type runs themselves?  Adams being a championship stud who can't be covered and who makes some difficult catches, Rodgers making some perfect championship throws into tight windows.  Maybe some new heroes playing championship-caliber football to the moment; Deguara making a couple of 3rd-down conversions or maybe a difficult TD catch?  Our ramshackle offensive-line just stepping up and playing championship ball, blocking Bosa and Warner and whomever and giving Rodgers time to play comfortable and to deliver the ball?  Maybe MLF and Hackett could have some well-designed plays, too?  

Likewise on defense, maybe you need your front to take out some blocks and to stuff a lot of runs for nothing, and to stuff the immortal Deebo for some 1-yard runs, and set up a bunch of 3rd downs?  For Gary and Preston and Clark and maybe even Z to make some championship plays, stuff some runs, create some pressures, and get some sacks, maybe a forced fumble?  Jaire, Stokes, Amos, Savage, Rasul, maybe they play some championship coverage, and give Jimmy G nobody to throw to?  Or maybe Barry and Gray play some aggressive and successful defense, where our secondary guys play some 1-on-1 but still smother guys, and allow for a lot of attention to control the run and to pressure, because our coverage studs don't need lots of double-teaming help?  And maybe when some balls are thrown imperfectly, our secondary guys read them and pick one, or more?  

Would be really fun to just have our run-defense control them, our pressure guys get through often, and our secondary to neutralize their receivers, and get pick(s) too.  

Maybe our defense could just be better than their run game or their pass game?  Our run game could be better than their run game or better than their defense?  Our o-line better than their front?  Our coaching no less clever than theirs?  And Rodgers just so GOAT that the Packers just win the game at every level? 

1 hour ago, FAH1223 said:

No MVS.

I expect plays where Jones is split wide with Dillon in the backfield. Love those sets.

Rodgers does like St. Brown a lot too. Wouldn’t be surprised if St. Brown gets looks this game too.

He might be a sneak weapon to have like 4 catches for 50-70 yards. Because I would imagine the defense wouldn’t really guard him at all.

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Rodgers does like St. Brown a lot too. Wouldn’t be surprised if St. Brown gets looks this game too.

He might be a sneak weapon to have like 4 catches for 50-70 yards. Because I would imagine the defense wouldn’t really guard him at all.

Man, that sure would be nice, but I've been waiting 4 years for St. Brown to step up and be more than a 1 catch every 6 games type of guy and he hasn't taken that step. Now would be a good time. 

Edited by packfanfb

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers are looking to replace MVS' deep-threat ability on Saturday, I wonder if they would look to David Moore? He had 4 receptions of 38 air-yards or more for Seattle last year including 2 for TDs. Two of those receptions were over 50 air-yards. Not a huge sample size but he's shown the ability to win on the deep ball. 

They better have Moore up regardless since he should be returning punts for them at a minimum

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

They better have Moore up regardless since he should be returning punts for them at a minimum

I'm assuming they will, which is why I pose the question. I think he'll be available and may be an option to put in the game now and then if you want to take a shot. 

24 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Likely not that much considering this ..

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/randall-cobb-injury-update-packers-49ers/1wbal9aohk5og110mcmja3ymxu

19 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

We straight up dominated them in the first half of week three, and then a botched kick off coverage got them a a little bit of success. We also dropped points and got some questionable PI calls, that most likely balanced out when the clear grounding call wasn't called. Dillon seemed more successful than Jones, and I wonder how much of the offense was hamstrung because of the Yosh Vs Bosa situation. Which was Yosh's first start, so there is some room to wonder about this team. That said, if we end up leading by 17-0 with 2 seconds left in the first half, I think we'll all take that. 

We also were able to get some pressure on Jimmy G too which if we can do again, our chances go up dramatically.  We blew an opportunity late in that game after he fumbled it to go up by 10 which had we gotten into the end zone, we wouldn't have even needed Crosby's game winner.  Those are plays we gotta take advantage of this game.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean let's be honest here. Willis had a high ankle sprain is a Questionable. If he played for GB, he'd be out a minimum of 3 weeks. 

I guess with how often the Niners rotate their DL, they figure Willis can still give them a handful of snaps despite the injury. Not sure if they'll be good snaps though, since high ankle sprains are hard to deal with

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I guess with how often the Niners rotate their DL, they figure Willis can still give them a handful of snaps despite the injury. Not sure if they'll be good snaps though, since high ankle sprains are hard to deal with

Just kick him in the ankle...and he'll drop out of that rotation quick!

(Just kidding :) )

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Their last 2 games are essentially useless IMO. Vikes game they faced Sean Mannion who should never start an NFL game and the Lions game was a preseason game. I'm moreso talking about their 5 game stretch prior to those. Started with that first Vikes game and the problems persisted throughout. Defense started giving up far too many explosive plays and really struggled on 3rd downs

I didn't include the Detroit game. Minnesota game counts.

Wanna beat the Niners?    

Stopping YAC is the key.  

Stop Deebo where he catches the ball or near the LOS on runs.

Stopping Mitchell on first contact.

Don't let these guy run wild after the catch or contact. It's where they make their money on offense.  They live for YAC.  

• Like 1

we're going to lose. i can feel it. i don't feel confident at all

the Niners are going to whoop us again in the trenches on both sides of the ball and this is going to sting for the rest of our lives, because GB will no longer be relevant after Rodgers leaves