Black Monday - How many get axed?

Old Guy

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Overall, cant say I know a whole helluva lot about MIA but I read earlier today that their ownership got concerned with the number of OC's and OL coaches that Flores was rifling through. Plus - there may be a split on Tua within the organization. The Owner (Ross) was interested in bringing Watson in. Not sure where Flores came down on that - but if "Tua was his guy........."

Starting out 1-7 then finishing 8-1 is about as schizophrenic a season as you could imagine - which probably didnt help.

Tua and Flores to Houston?

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Tua and Flores to Houston?

Flores was reportedly released in part because of a difference in philosophy around the QB situation.  Apparently Tua wasn’t Flores guy but the organization was committed to Tua.  So I doubt Tua and Flores ever play/coach together again.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Flores was reportedly released in part because of a difference in philosophy around the QB situation.  Apparently Tua wasn’t Flores guy but the organization was committed to Tua.  So I doubt Tua and Flores ever play/coach together again.

Oh I thought the organization wanted to move on from Tua for Watson. 

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

That's interesting cause I read Ross (who I think is the Owner) was hot to trot for Watson and the driving force to getting Watson earlier this year.  Who knows.

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's interesting cause I read Ross (who I think is the Owner) was hot to trot for Watson and the driving force to getting Watson earlier this year.  Who knows.

That was my impression also.  Then, I stumble on a report this morning that it was Ross who wanted to stand pat with his pick (Tua) and Flores who wanted Watson or someone else.  The Miami situation is very fuzzy and the reports coming out are full of contradictions.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Oh I thought the organization wanted to move on from Tua for Watson. 

Yeah, as I mentioned to Leader, it’s all rather confusing.  Apparently Tua was Ross’s guy and Flores wanted to move on from Tua.  So many contradictory reports coming out of Miami that it’s getting hard to know what’s what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

If what is reported is correct the owner wanted Tua over herbert in that draft, Flores preferred herbert, GM sides with the owner, then owner sides with the GM in the power struggle.
Flores will get another shot soon i hope its not in our division.

Edited by ifeelasleep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

If what is reported is correct the owner wanted Tua over herbert in that draft, Flores preferred herbert, GM sides with the owner, then owner sides with the GM in the power struggle.
Flores will get another shot soon i hope its not in our division.

That tracks with the reports that Flores was at odds with Ross over Tua.  I think Flores is probably happy to be gone, well maybe not happy, but hopeful he’ll get a better opportunity with a QB he believes in.

21 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Ahhhhhh ha! The plot thickens.

So the Owner (Ross) needs to destroy the evidence (Flores) to cover up his drastic mistake of mandating the drafting of Tua over Herbert. It's all clear now.
I suspect soon....the purveyor of all contrived **** (Schefter) will be disseminating reports of "close contacts" (Read: Ross.....) that it was Flores who wanted Tua!

It wouldn’t surprise me if Fangio gets hired back in Chicago in some capacity.  He was loved there as D coordinator and he left on good terms.  A lot of “ifs” for him to return, but it’s certainly possible, especially now that all positions appear to be up for grabs.