Black Monday - How many get axed?

Old Guy

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Only hit was Jacobs.  Ruggs and Arnette aren't even on the team anymore.  Character does matter Maylock. He did draft Crosby and Renfrow.  Pretty good pick ups.  

I didn’t watch Renfrow until he got to the Raiders, but he is a great pickup where they got him. When we grabbed Amari, I thought shifty guy from Auburn, coach’s son, could be a good value pick like Renfrow. So far, my expectations have not been met. 

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I didn’t watch Renfrow until he got to the Raiders, but he is a great pickup where they got him. When we grabbed Amari, I thought shifty guy from Auburn, coach’s son, could be a good value pick like Renfrow. So far, my expectations have not been met. 

Not sure if Renfrow was available to us - but I'd rather have him than Amari.

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure if Renfrow was available to us - but I'd rather have him than Amari.

Renfrow went in the 5th round in 2019, he was available to everyone. He wasn’t producing like this, 3rd and Renfrow is a real down for the Raiders. I’ll hold my judgment on Amari, but feel like the youngster should not be on the field the rest of this year. 

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Has Jacobs even been a hit? He's a good back, but feel like you can get that type of production later.

Last year's 1st rounder, Leatherwood, has been a disaster too.

Think Jacobs has to be considered, there were only 10 or so impact players drafted after him. Is he a home run, no, definitely a single, maybe a double.

Everything is worse when you remember theRaiders had 7 1st round picks over those 4 years! Trading away Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.

as for who was ultimately in charge I think it was Gruden.

On 1/14/2022 at 12:06 AM, Shanedorf said:

Watson's issues with the Texans are tied to the jerkoff owner and his spiritual advisor (posing as an NFL executive).

@Shanedorf   I checked out the Texans 'spiritual advisor' Easterby. Looks like he is someone who undermines  those around him both to get to the top and to eliminate anyone on the rungs below him, who he sees as a potential threat when he is at the top - the very worst kind of guy you want to give power to.

The Texans are never going to be anything other than a joke team, until he is gone, you can't operate a franchise with an idiot like this making key decisions and de-stabilising the whole franchise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Mayock is out in Oakland. Wondering if those picks were really his or Gruden overruling him. The Clelin Ferrell pick is stlll mind numbingly stupid. In fact, his first-round picks all were busts if memory serves me correctly. 

Typical smartest guy in the room pick. To be honest when they first hired him I thought it was brilliant to bring in a draft "expert" to build your roster.But  In the end Mike had more misses than hits. How you squander that much draft capital is baffling to me. 

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Typical smartest guy in the room pick. To be honest when they first hired him I thought it was brilliant to bring in a draft "expert" to build your roster.But  In the end Mike had more misses than hits. How you squander that much draft capital is baffling to me. 

Despite all of the hindsight draft kings thinking drafting is easy, in the real time NFL draft even the best end up with more misses than hits.

I'm not surprised there is a major cleanup going on in Las Vegas

7 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Looks like he is someone who undermines  those around him both to get to the top and to eliminate anyone on the rungs below him, who he sees as a potential threat when he is at the top - the very worst kind of guy you want to give power to.

There are a ton of incriminating stories about this guy - anything from forcing impromptu prayer sessions on his underlings to stabbing colleagues in the back while smiling for the camera. He's a charlatan and he's got the ear of Texans owner Cal McNair . Bad combo.
Texans franchise is literally in hell until Easterby is ousted.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Wouldnt surprise me if AZ made a change at HC. Overall record shows improvement - but they've collapsed badly two years in a row.

They might, in that I believe this is the last year of his contract - with the team holding a 1 year option.

Sports media and fans hungry for 24/7 fixes have made coaching firings and hiring its own cottage industry. It's as if folks have begun to believe you can fire your way to a championship.

Unless there's a hire out there with some voodoo magic that can instantly cure injuries like the one that ended D Hop's season, can grow 2 to 4 inches of height on a midget QB and can get the Card's out of the currently toughest division in the NFC, it seems like a high risk/low reward to fire Kliff at this time IMO.

Edited by BAM

1 hour ago, BAM said:

They might, in that I believe this is the last year of his contract - with the team holding a 1 year option.

Sports media and fans hungry for 24/7 fixes have made coaching firings and hiring its own cottage industry. It's as if folks have begun to believe you can fire your way to a championship.

Unless there's a hire out there with some voodoo magic that can instantly cure injuries like the one that ended D Hop's season, can grow 2 to 4 inches of height on a midget QB and can get the Card's out of the currently toughest division in the NFC, it seems like a high risk/low reward to fire Kliff at this time IMO.

I kinda wondered about that myself.  Pretty interesting article on the topic here though they forgot to add Brian Flores to their list

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/kliff-kingsbury-cardinals-job-security-fire/1ex6ebgw5mwjm1k8psooe8nce6

I don't know, but I'm guessing he'll get one more year to change the Cardinals patterns.  He also needs to tame some of Murray's try to do it all backyard football tendencies such as that brutal pick he threw from his own end zone there.

i dont know another coach that has more unwarranted media hit jobs than Kingsbury in the last few years, even criticizing his house was in good fun. 
5-10, 8-8, 11-6, they picked number one in his first season, people are expecting the superbowl already? theyre trending up every year.
Media panned his hiring and they will keep going.

Edited by ifeelasleep