Black Monday - How many get axed?

Old Guy

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm assuming we're done with the coaches fired at this point?

Safe bet but stranger things have happened. I heard a rumor someone might to after Payton. That would cost them a few picks to be sure, but he may have run his course in NOLA. He's been there for what, 15 years now? 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Safe bet but stranger things have happened. I heard a rumor someone might to after Payton. That would cost them a few picks to be sure, but he may have run his course in NOLA. He's been there for what, 15 years now? 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Payton was poached and allowed to leave NOLA.  The Saints are effed in the BH for the foreseeable future.

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Apparently, they are not done firing coaches. Tulley just got sent packing from Houston. I wonder if this is a move to try and mend fences with Watson? Guy had no business winning any games with that roster. 

Nothing to do with anything, but I just found out that their coach was black. Had no ******* idea

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Apparently, they are not done firing coaches. Tulley just got sent packing from Houston. I wonder if this is a move to try and mend fences with Watson? Guy had no business winning any games with that roster. 

They hired Culley for Watson. The discussion was he wanted a black coach. The issue is now Watson doesn’t want to be there regardless. So it’s just bad all around.

Texans should of never hired him in the first place because they didn’t really want him. Watson did… and Watson went back on it.

Because the Texans are run by that ex patriot guy… they want patriot people. There is a reason the 2 main candidates linked to Texans are Flores and Mayo. They want patriot people.

They did Culley wrong but to be fair Culley knew what it was… that’s why he only got a two year deal.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

me neither
And firing Culley has nothing to do with mending fences with Watson.
Watson's issues with the Texans are tied to the jerkoff owner and his spiritual advisor (posing as an NFL executive).

dkzqciyxmt2fmk0dubap&f=1&nofb=1

The real head Church lolol it autocorrected coach to Church. I'm leaving it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

No, I don't think anything can be done to fix that at this point.  I think it's just more of a "whoops, our bad" on hiring him and trying to go for a full board rebuild.

Now if they do want to go full board on affirmative action here, well they could pick up Brian Flores and let him continue his coaching career.  The Dolphins were stupid to fire him and I bet he would stick it to them.

Or ... long shot and I doubt he's going to get another major opportunity after his failure with the Jets, but possibly Todd Bowles might be considered.  Doubtful but if you figure you could help him succeed better than the Jets could, maybe you take a chance on him again.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Mayock is out in Oakland. Wondering if those picks were really his or Gruden overruling him. The Clelin Ferrell pick is stlll mind numbingly stupid. In fact, his first-round picks all were busts if memory serves me correctly. 

Only hit was Jacobs.  Ruggs and Arnette aren't even on the team anymore.  Character does matter Maylock. He did draft Crosby and Renfrow.  Pretty good pick ups.  

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Only hit was Jacobs.  Ruggs and Arnette aren't even on the team anymore.  Character does matter Maylock. He did draft Crosby and Renfrow.  Pretty good pick ups.  

Has Jacobs even been a hit? He's a good back, but feel like you can get that type of production later.

Last year's 1st rounder, Leatherwood, has been a disaster too.

• Like 1