Bears fire HC Matt Nagy, GM Ryan Pace

CBears019

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Nagy goes out with a winning W/L record, but that goes to show the talent of the team that he squandered and could’ve been so much more. 

We win a title with a half-decent offensive mind and Deshaun Watson. Both mistakes by Ryan Pace. So glad he's gone. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Some teams celebrate super bowl victories, or even deep playoff runs. All we celebrate is firing our coaches every 3-4 years, rinsing and repeating. 

My front door at work is on a busy street and has really poor sound deadening, and I've heard like 3 different pods of people talking about this and it's not even 10am. This town is pathetic. The Sox could win a world series and we'd still be yakking about the third string running back. 

• Like 1

A lot of job openings, and even some surprising candidates on the market. For me, after Trestman and after Nagy, I hesitate to go with anyone as green. At the same time, I don't know that someone like Harbaugh is the answer. 

I would be interested in Brian Flores, for sure.

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

A lot of job openings, and even some surprising candidates on the market. For me, after Trestman and after Nagy, I hesitate to go with anyone as green. At the same time, I don't know that someone like Harbaugh is the answer. 

I would be interested in Brian Flores, for sure.

I like Flores as a coach but apparently he lost the locker room...would love him as a DC to McDaniels though.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I like Flores as a coach but apparently he lost the locker room...would love him as a DC to McDaniels though.

Rumor that I heard is that he wanted Watson, owner Stephen Ross wanted Tua.

If he as head coach can make the evaluation that a player is NOT good enough to play, regardless of the position and draft status, I think that's a trait that the Bears have needed for longer than I can remember.

Give me the guy who wants the best players on the field every Sunday, even if they're all UDFAs. I love that. I want a HC that will fight to make the team the best it can be, no matter how unpopular it is.

Furthermore, to say you don't want Flores because he lost the locker room, and then suggesting a guy like McDaniels who has shown no conviction or interpersonal ability at any point in his career, is a real head scratcher.

Edited by chisoxguy7
  • Like 1

For those saying Flores should be a candidate for Bears HC...just saying I hope you keep that same energy for Doug Pederson

Both are pretty good coaches who got let go by their organizations too early IMO probably because of their strong personalities