Wild Card Games

Leader

34 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I mean you say that but Joe Burrow literally just did it. They were the worst team in football 2 years ago and now they are division winners advancing in the playoffs. Mike Brown is still a terrible owner and the Bengals offensive line is still atrocious, nothing has changed on that front. As long as Burrow stays healthy the Bengals will be in Super Bowl contention. He's that good.

Joe Burrow literally didnt… unless we playing for just playoff wins and not championships. He has as many playoff wins as Tebow.

That oline is going to get him killed. He has been the most sacked QB.

This isn’t a one season judgement… bengals aren’t going to beat the bills, chiefs or titans in these playoffs. And they will likely have to play 2 of those 3 to make the Super Bowl.

Look I love Burrow too. But he just went to a bad organization. I’m a USC fan and when Mark Sanchez got drafted by the Jets I looked at my friend and said Mark’s career is done… and look he went to 2 straight AFC championships still but it was a bad situation.

Joe is great and they have great weapons… for now. That front office is just going to fail him long term and he isn’t going to be able to over come it. Just my opinion.

Edited by Green19

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Joe Burrow literally didnt… unless we playing for just playoff wins and not championships. He has as many playoff wins as Tebow.

That oline is going to get him killed. He has been the most sacked QB.

This isn’t a one season judgement… bengals aren’t going to beat the bills, chiefs or titans in these playoffs. And they will likely have to play 2 of those 3 to make the Super Bowl.

Look I love Burrow too. But he just went to a bad organization. I’m a USC fan and when Mark Sanchez got drafted by the Jets I looked at my friend and said Mark’s career is done… and look he went to 2 straight AFC championships still but it was a bad situation.

Joe is great and they have great weapons… for now. That front office is just going to fail him long term and he isn’t going to be able to over come it. Just my opinion.

I dont know how their player contracts are lined up.....but Spotrac indicates they've got 59M in cap space - so thats good. It'll come down to personnel decisions - but you'd have to say they've got a well rounded offense already.

Albert Breer -  A lot of time left but ...

• Bills have outgained New England 211-67.
• Josh Allen has 133.3 passer rating.
• Buffalo has 103 rushing yards thru 22 minutes.
• Bills have more TDs (3) than Mac Jones has completions (2).

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know how their player contracts are lined up.....but Spotrac indicates they've got 59M in cap space - so thats good. It'll come down to personnel decisions - but you'd have to say they've got a well rounded offense already.

Look they are a fun team currently constructed. No doubt of that. But literally their window is Burrow’s rookie deal and the 2 issues there is I don’t believe Zac Taylor is a good coach (at least going against the best of their conference) and that oline is trash and has gotten him sacked a ton.

Those 2 issues can easily derail his rookie contract window. Then when it gets to the end and that front office and owner need to pay up to Burrow, Higgins, Chase etc…. I just don’t trust them.

Hopefully for Joe they do right by him, because I agree with most… he is amazing and easily my favorite young QB in the league. Again this isn’t about him… it’s about the owner and front office.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Look they are a fun team currently constructed. No doubt of that. But literally their window is Burrow’s rookie deal and the 2 issues there is I don’t believe Zac Taylor is a good coach (at least going against the best of their conference) and that oline is trash and has gotten him sacked a ton.

Agree. They have to put some focus on the OL. Many teams do. Those that resolve the issues are the ones that wind up winning. Those that continue to make bad decisions...................

Will CIN do it? I've no idea. Again - I dont know who's making their personnel decisions. I'm presuming its the GM (but dont know who that is) and not the Owner.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Has he though? Zac hasn’t really been that impressive. To me at least.

I can’t remember the teams Lewis played in the playoffs but Burrow is easily the best QB bengals have had since Palmer. And although I said no one player can overcome a bad organization… they can get you some wins you otherwise wouldn’t. And it’s not like this raiders team is some world beater. They are on short rest… from played a full OT division game.

Zac Taylor is one of the reasons why I think Burrow will never be fully realized in CIN and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has issues with management like Palmer did. It will be interesting to see what happens when he and Chase get off their rookie deals. I don’t see CIN making both of them the highest at their position (which they are arguably on pace towards).

Lewis had equal or better talent all around than Taylor and went 0-7 failing to win one playoff game.  He would have choked away this one easily too like he did against a no offense chargers team 10x as bad as this Raiders team.

Either way, 1 playoff win is better than zero period!

Meantime, stick a fork in the New England frauds who are on pace to lose 41-0 and proved they had no playoff capabilities when they couldn't even beat the Dolphins.