Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So you did know what I was saying after all and what the common denominator was after feigning it, as well as picking up what I said in thread. You then reference a game from a couple of games ago.

By the point of my comment, yes I had picked up that EVERYONE had to do the same requirement I had to, which was confirmed by the host when he said there were no vanilla roles.

So slappy knows who I at least said I was going to pick and:

A. Doesn't ask me why I picked 2 people (How can anyone not think that's weird)

B. Doesn't understand why I'd wait and at least pick people who wouldn't kill me right away.

Thats the thing I literally called out. The basis for this entire conversation. It was and still is interesting that you chose Forge and Blue with your "olive branch".

I assume he's talking about the game where @Blue and @Forge were neighbors/masons with separate alignments

You would be correct.

Me not understanding what you were saying and asking for clarification based upon context and timing of the last game that you had referenced that you hosted, and then you pivoted without explanation into 2 games ago with the mason/neighbor dynamic

I literally said it would be BCB's fault for giving them the role. This type of ignorance will not go unchecked.

Anyone who has ever played with us knows that @Forge and I have a randomly hilarious mafia history (good, very bad, very chaotic, and other) and that @Blue is my BDL co-owner (and he's actually the owner and I just do my thing). Picking those 2 Day 1 (albeit the fact that you still didn't ask why I picked 2 given the circumstances is potentially very telling IMO) makes sense.

This explanation would have been a much better response than "no clue what you are talking about." I have made it very clear that I feel this game is like my Popularity Contest mafia game, favorite and least favorite. Why you chose two day 1, IMO, would appear to be to give yourself a higher chance of receiving popularity from players you viewed as town (might be from a point of knowledge, might not). 

@Slappy Mc for whatever reason is super hesitant to push TK3 who also has no idea what you're talking about or pushing. Are you pushing 2 games ago, 1 game ago, or this game? After re-reading, you were referencing the past two, but TK3 and I were specifically talking about THIS game.

I won't be pushing TK3 day 1. I understand why he did what he did, I just don't agree with it, right now.

How nice of you to give TK3 clarification on the same question while using a quote from a month ago in that game to justify your preemptive stance this game.

He asked why I distrusted Blue. He didn't claim to not have ANY knowledge of what was being discussed while partaking in the conversation.

Generally this is where I'd really push Slappy for trying a fairly transparent "GOTCHA" schtick and then voting me, but I'd still lean Gopher for activity reasons.

It could be we have a scum on scum line here with Gopher and Slappy and therefore he's trying to get me put over...and then there's the "LOL Matts" line which may or may not have any merit, but still.

There was no gotcha. I just think you behaved like scum Mwil and not town Mwil during that very innocent exchange.

3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Actually, I strongly suggest Raves if anyone doesn't know what else to do

He is my super secret bestie.

3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

If we are not going to coordinate, I would at least propose that everyone only helps out players who are active

Mafia like to hide and stay inactive, so I think it increases our odds of helping the correct people AND puts that help in the hands of people who will actually try to use it

This logic is more along what I was thinking. I also think that there are some mafia players that can tend to "blend in" so deductive logic would make sense for any assistance given.

At the very least, EVERYONE needs to submit help themselves so its not done for them.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Just a reminder guys, please bold and capitalize your votes. 

Much more official looking. 

SLAPPY

Thank you for the reminder. I will do so going forward.

2 hours ago, wolfeyestrk said:

Ive skimmed most of the convo but I missed what activity did gopher do?

I think I saw a vote for Swag and that was about it.

35 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'll vote Slappy mc for ****ting on my Eagles

Fair, but they did it to themselves. They really didn't look like they belonged in the postseason. Watching the Cowboys fail gave me more enjoyment if that matters.

I feel a little bit better about slappy

Although I DO think there is a notable incongruity between not seeming to understand the mechanics, and now that hints have been flying around from a few people, now he's a bit more bold in acting like he knows the deal

I agree we should go after inactives first - 1 because scum often hides, and 2 because of the booster mechanic. Get rid of people who will default to giving scum an advantage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I feel a little bit better about slappy

Although I DO think there is a notable incongruity between not seeming to understand the mechanics, and now that hints have been flying around from a few people, now he's a bit more bold in acting like he knows the deal

I agree we should go after inactives first - 1 because scum often hides, and 2 because of the booster mechanic. Get rid of people who will default to giving scum an advantage

addendum to prev post: I should be careful.. I really hate the "role PM" game of scumhunting, and might be starting to toe the line of what that is...

I just think there's a big difference between trying to lure that out of someone (poor form), vs someone pro-offering a statement that clashes with my opinion of what the game is (their mistake)

At this point, I'll move on, but mechanics should still be on the table and I agree with the consensus that activity should factor into our decisions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

There was no gotcha. I just think you behaved like scum Mwil and not town Mwil during that very innocent exchange.

So scum me wouldn’t push you in a runaway pile on? Why wouldn’t I? You answering my question about two people and an olive branch as opposed to one still isn’t right or even reasonable with at least one ostracized the next day.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Would anyone else consider at least allocating their votes to an inactive and forcing them to play? Or at least would the scum team do everyone a favor and kill off an inactive tonight just so that everyone who wants to can play?

Anyone?

This is why I voted Swag. History says that he is more engaging as town. The scum plea is pretty weak, but I like the logic of voting an inactive.

23 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I would consider it.. Slappy has red flags all over the place, but there's a part of me that feels like he's oblivious town and I'm hyperfocusing too much on role-meta.. I feel like the broader setup is very obvious, but it simply might not have been obvious to others, and could be a risky tunnel

who do you have in mind?

100% not oblivious. This has been the most game related day 1 I have ever experienced. If you didn't come out with your suggestion and the subsequent reveal from Whicker that there are no vanilla roles in the game, I wouldn't have known that EVERYONE had a leveling system similar to mine.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's difficult, because as I said earlier, I'm 100% with you on the Slappy red flags everywhere. That said, I don't think Gopher has done anything but vote and hide (maybe I'm wrong) and about 2-3 others haven't done much posting/trying. I feel bad for Slappy, because on the one hand I think he's legit scum, but on the other hand, up until today, he's been active.

This is pretty comical. I will make sure to reference this later in the game.

25 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

That's another reason to vote out inactives.. if someone is going to not do their thing.. it might make sense to just vote them out so that they don't self sabotage us with inactiveness

100%

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

addendum to prev post: I should be careful.. I really hate the "role PM" game of scumhunting, and might be starting to toe the line of what that is...

I just think there's a big difference between trying to lure that out of someone (poor form), vs someone pro-offering a statement that clashes with my opinion of what the game is (their mistake)

At this point, I'll move on, but mechanics should still be on the table and I agree with the consensus that activity should factor into our decisions

To be fair they almost certainly have a counter balance but yes agreed

Just now, The Orca said:

Raves flagged something early to me that set off my spidey senses in a good way. I'm starting to regret getting too deep into role PM, so I won't explain the details.. I just got that read from him early

Otherwise, just active players for starters. I don't think we should all put on 1 person, because scum will kill them early, but presumably if we focus on maybe ~3 people that should allow a couple people to survive early hits and be able to make use of what they get