Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

50 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Interesting 🤔 

I wonder how healthy he is. I know he had a back? Issue last year right? 

Also, do they hate Justin Fields?? 

Edited by chiefs82

25 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

wonder how healthy he is. I know he had a back? Issue last year right? 

Not really sure, to be honest, unless he's a favorite of mine, I don't bother following em much anymore.

Iirc he was on a lot of Chiefs posters draft boards to fill that LT spot. 

25 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Also, do they hate Justin Fields??

Lol pretty sure they do. Poor dude is gonna be running for his life while throwing to himself..

Edited by Chiefs_5627

On 8/1/2022 at 7:58 AM, chiefs82 said:

That’s when leaders develop…is there literally anyone that believes this?  Guy turned down bring the highest paid player at his position when he didn’t perform in the top 15…leaders show up EVERY DAY.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, Jakuvious said:

If they're giving up this quickly and enthusiastically, I'm doubtful there's something to salvage there.

He did have a back issue, then they thought he might come back then couldn’t get cleared.  I thought there was something about the bears knowing about it before drafting but not being concerned…

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Good riddance. Never saw what the Chiefs thot they saw in him.

Former first round pick, looked pretty good initially but then suffered that freak injury.  Questionable decisions turned into bad breaks and potential didn’t work out.  Again we paid so little it was worth the risk for sure.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'd prefer Baker over Lonnie Johnson.

Why? Johnson has size, good run support, and some coverage skills. He's a fine nickel back. Baker Is is a poor man's version of McDuffie and he's not physically where he was coming out of college. 

Here is the story. Cutting him early gives him a chance to catch on with a desperate team. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_cut_former_first_round_pick_deandre_baker/s1_14819_37751354

Edited by onejayhawk

11 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Why? Johnson has size, good run support, and some coverage skills. He's a fine nickel back. Baker Is is a poor man's version of McDuffie and he's not physically where he was coming out of college. 

Here is the story. Cutting him early gives him a chance to catch on with a desperate team. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_cut_former_first_round_pick_deandre_baker/s1_14819_37751354

Lonnie Johnson just isn't good and never has been at the NFL level. I get that we're throwing as many bodies at the DB position as we can. But, he just isn't good. He has size. That's it. He doesn't perform on the field.

Give me Sneed, Fenton, any of the three drafted rookies, Bootle, Baker, and Lammons (barring legal) over him any day. I just hope that we cut him before losing that conditional pick.

22 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Lonnie Johnson just isn't good and never has been at the NFL level. I get that we're throwing as many bodies at the DB position as we can. But, he just isn't good. He has size. That's it. He doesn't perform on the field.

Give me Sneed, Fenton, any of the three drafted rookies, Bootle, Baker, and Lammons (barring legal) over him any day. I just hope that we cut him before losing that conditional pick.

Lonnie Johnson was a starter on a playoff team.

As long as you don't expect him to do extensive single coverage, he has value. What the Chiefs seem to want is a CB/S hybrid, which is ideal for his skill set.