Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

29 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Huh, Nnadi competition?

I don't know. He might be done or close to it.

He didn't start last year on a bad Giants defense. We would be his fourth team in four years and, as you say, we have a run stuffer already on the roster. 

20 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Another first round see what happens guy.  If he regains form, good move if not, he goes away.

It could be. I don't think he's going to challenge Nnadi, but Kahlen Saunders might get bumped. Reid had some comments.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/11/kansas-city-chiefs-andy-reid-danny-shelton-productive-gifted-athlete/

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'd like to think we could squeeze a conditional late round pick for him 🤷

For a RB who cant catch or pass block(well)

eh maybe? He was in at 3rd team today behind Gore, oof

Edited by Chiefer

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

For a RB who cant catch or pass block(well)

eh maybe? He was in at 3rd team today behind Gore, oof

Agree overall but I could see a team throw a conditional 7 at us for the cheap contract control. 

As far as behind Gore, yeah I think the writing is on the wall. Wouldn't be surprised to see him audition a bunch tomorrow to drum up some interest and if not, he gets the axe.

49 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

This should be easy. RB's will have issues/injuries as the season starts up.

I think there's even a few before the injuries start to pile up on teams. If Kamara gets suspended I could see the Saints wanna grab him, maybe the Eagles. Not really sure what the Raiders are trying to do at RB but that's probably a non issue within the division.

58 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Man I can't wait to see him play tomorrow! Hopefully the hype train doesn't leave without him 😅

That's no lie. I have never seen a 7th round pick hyped so much. Sure, he'll return kicks, get some 3rd down play for pass protection (that's a really unusual skill for a rookie to have), and maybe work into the short-yardage/GL package, but he's not going to bump anyone off the team. If anyone is going to do that it's McKinnon. Best current thinking is that they keep all four. 

• Like 1