Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

Lonnie Johnson Jr. It as well according to NFL.com.  I know some people on here were pulling for that.  Probably as much giving him a chance to catch on elsewhere as anything else after one game.

It says something that Shelton makes 92 look like a house when the last guy I really think of wearing it wasn’t tiny.

I had Lonnie Johnson penciled in as the CB3 for a long time. The competition has been brutal.

Danny Shelton is exactly what our 3-4 DL coach did not have--a true 0 tech. Karlaftis, Jones, and Clark all make very suitable 3-4 DE. I suspect that Chenal will be getting a fair amount of work as an edge rusher. 

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I had Lonnie Johnson penciled in as the CB3 for a long time. The competition has been brutal.

Danny Shelton is exactly what our 3-4 DL coach did not have--a true 0 tech. Karlaftis, Jones, and Clark all make very suitable 3-4 DE. I suspect that Chenal will be getting a fair amount of work as an edge rusher. 

But Spagz is still the DC and he runs a 43….

On 8/15/2022 at 10:11 PM, Chiefer said:

But Spagz is still the DC and he runs a 43….

True, but his DL coach, Joe Cullen, is from a 3-4 background. DS would let him pull in some more of those concepts. Either way, Shelton's a beast in short yardage and GL situations.

In any event he seems to like it here and Spags likes the fact that he demands double teams. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/8/16/23308470/two-days-in-chiefs-danny-shelton-feels-at-home-in-kansas-city-training-camp-notebook

Edited by onejayhawk

Per roto: 

Chiefs placed RB Derrick Gore (thumb) on injured reserve.

The designation will end Gore's season (with the Chiefs, at least) before it begins. Gore had a couple of 40-plus yard games in 2021, adding two rushing touchdowns, but the Chiefs buried him on the depth chart by signing Ronald Jones and re-signing Jerrick McKinnon. His absence unclouds the picture at running back for the Chiefs a bit. 28 in December, Gore is no lock to remain on the roster. 

The other move was to formally put Lucas Niang on PUP. That means he has to sit at least four weeks.

Here is the list from 90-85:

CB Lonnie Johnson
WR Gary Jennings
WR Omar Bayless
OL Evin Ksiezarczyk
DL Austin Edwards
WR Devin Gray
Signed: DT Danny Shelton

85-80:

CB Brandin Dandridge
DB Nasir Greer
OL David Steinmetz
OL Lucas Niang to PUP
RB Derrick Gore to IR

Late addition.

Blake Bell underwent surgery for a hip condition. His timetable is not known but starting on PUP or moving to IR the day after the 53 man roster becomes official are both possible avenues. It does not appear he will miss the whole season.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_te_blake_bell_undergoes_hip_procedure/s1_17049_37802973

Edited by onejayhawk

On 8/23/2022 at 7:05 PM, onejayhawk said:

Blake Bell underwent surgery for a hip condition. His timetable is not known but starting on PUP or moving to IR the day after the 53 man roster becomes official are both possible avenues. It does not appear he will miss the whole season.

Unfortunate. I like the aspect the “Belldozer” can bring, but I’d rather have Fortson and obviously KillaTrav.

87/88/83 isn’t terrible but leaves a little in the blocking aspect.

On 8/23/2022 at 7:05 PM, onejayhawk said:

OL Lucas Niang to PUP

What is the deal? Is this Like a career ending injury and we’re just holding out hope?  I apparently missed where they said what is actually wrong with his knee.  At this point he’s pushing TOTAL ligament replacement surgery timeline.

29 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

What is the deal? Is this Like a career ending injury and we’re just holding out hope?  I apparently missed where they said what is actually wrong with his knee.  At this point he’s pushing TOTAL ligament replacement surgery timeline.

No change. Just the advance of time confirming that he would not be ready for the first few games.

The move saves them a roster cut. 

36 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Unfortunate. I like the aspect the “Belldozer” can bring, but I’d rather have Fortson and obviously KillaTrav.

87/88/83 isn’t terrible but leaves a little in the blocking aspect.

Hence the thoughts about Franks and Bushman who are rostered for their blocking more than their receiving value.