Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Two 1sts is rough plus upcoming contract negotiations. If we could pre-negotiate an extension I may not hate it. But that’s be a lot to give up for a step or two below elite guy. 

Would hate regardless.   This is a reset year we’re still top 3.   Save the cash to pay our own. 

14 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Would hate regardless.   This is a reset year we’re still top 3.   Save the cash to pay our own. 

Pay who? I’m personally out on paying Brown and Hardman. I’m assuming Thornhill, Allegretti, Nandi, Saunders, etc will be fairly cheap.

Now if you’re talking of just keeping that free cap space to roll over into 2024, I like it. Gives us more money to pay Gay, Sneed, and get an early jump on Bolton, Humphrey, and Smith. 

Edited by kingseanjohn

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Pay who? I’m personally out on paying Brown and Hardman. I’m assuming Thornhill, Allegretti, Nandi, Saunders, etc will be fairly cheap.

Now if you’re talking of just keeping that free cap space to roll over into 2024, I like it. Gives us more money to pay Gay, Sneed, and get an early jump on Bolton, Humphrey, and Smith. 

Mainly Sneed, Thornhill, Gay.    Highly against trading high picks for players and paying them handsomely.   Burns is good,  but they are asking for a premium deal because he’s the best available.   Not worth giving up high capital and a large cap hit imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I guess if we're giving multiple firsts I'd rather shoot for the stars versus another Frank Clark (Seahawks era) type of production player

Same here.. Burns is good but he is not dominant and not worth 2 first round picks. I rather call up the Broncos and see if they would trade Bradley Chubb or if the Commanders would give up Chase Young or Montez Sweat for a cheaper price

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Didn’t Veach day Clark Hunt wouldn’t allow us to give up a first because the draft is hosted in KC? 

might’ve been a joke but I believe it and I don’t think it’s likely we can trade for any immediate impact players. 

Good cause honestly Veach sucks at trading away 1st round picks. I appreciate Frank helping us close out on the Superbowl run but I wouldn't have traded a 1st for him cause he was just an okay player in my book. I understand the need to protect Mahommes, but Orlando Brown is just okay and definitely is not worth the money he is seeking 

1 minute ago, Bullyball said:

Good cause honestly Veach sucks at trading away 1st round picks. I appreciate Frank helping us close out on the Superbowl run but I wouldn't have traded a 1st for him cause he was just an okay player in my book. I understand the need to protect Mahommes, but Orlando Brown is just okay and definitely is not worth the money he is seeking 

Orlando was a desperation move because they didn’t think they’d find anybody to start at LT. maybe Walker Little? Idk, but Orlando isnt a great fit for the offense