Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

I don't normally worry too much about the success of guys who move on from the team. I always rooted for like, Tony Gonzalez in Atlanta and Jared Allen and Minnesota, but I normally don't worry much. But man, this just feels like we made the right choice this offseason, seeing this:

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't normally worry too much about the success of guys who move on from the team. I always rooted for like, Tony Gonzalez in Atlanta and Jared Allen and Minnesota, but I normally don't worry much. But man, this just feels like we made the right choice this offseason, seeing this:

Oof! Story of his entire 2021 season here

The Chiefs restructured tight end Travis Kelce‘s contract this week in a move that created $3.455 million in cap space by converting some of his salary into a signing bonus.

On the New Heights podcast that Kelce hosts with his brother Jason, the tight end discussed the restructure. Kelce said he didn’t hesitate to say yes when his agent called him about the Chiefs’ plan because it allowed him to get money right away and gave the team cap space to use on getting better this season.

Kelce said he believes the restructuring is “a start to a move” because the team wouldn’t just give him money upfront out of kindness. He said he’s heard the chatter about interest in wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and would welcome him as a teammate, before adding that he’s not sure what the team may be planning.

Kelce: “I want them to come true. I haven’t heard anything. I have not heard anything in the locker room or anything around the facility. But I think that something’s in the air for sure. And if it means OBJ, alright now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/20/travis-kelce-on-restructuring-freeing-cap-space-i-think-somethings-in-the-air/

12 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

We have depth, but no real options that can beat man coverage

OK.  Even though I live in the KC area, I'll admit I don't pay nearly as much attention to them as I should.  I see and certainly recognize the names, but none of them really strike me as anything special.  I saw enough of MVS the last few years to know that about him.   😉

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

OK.  Even though I live in the KC area, I'll admit I don't pay nearly as much attention to them as I should.  I see and certainly recognize the names, but none of them really strike me as anything special.  I saw enough of MVS the last few years to know that about him.   😉

That’s what I mean, MVS is depth. 😂