2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, NewAge said:

The opening spot at LB can get us killed in the run and against TEs. Adding someone who can do those things and add pressure changes the defense in all areas. IDL was definitely a problem, but can't underestimate what Adding a good LB with Mosely, and Williams can do for the entire defense. 

I’m confused by their perception of Linebacker. 

They said we need to fix the interior DL but we didn’t sign anyone. So are we targeting Jordan Davis? Travis Jones? In the draft? Marshall and Rankins are depth, JFM is a hybrid, QWill is good but can’t do it alone.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They said we need to fix the interior DL but we didn’t sign anyone. So are we targeting Jordan Davis? Travis Jones? In the draft? Marshall and Rankins are depth, JFM is a hybrid, QWill is good but can’t do it alone.

JFM isn’t hybrid if we get a DE at 4 or 10 though. He’d be a DT the majority of the time. My guess is that they think having Lawson back and a drafted DE if bolstering the DL. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One of our own made a thread on NFL Gen so people could open fire against Douglas because he didn’t trade for Cooper or sign Marcus Williams and everyone else he wanted. It’s embarrassing and annoying lol. 

LMAO so dramatic. I just peaked. 

I've probably been the most vocal about the defense and value safeties a lot more than everyone else. I wasn't bothered by Williams picking the Ravens. He would have been great, but I love a few in this draft to pair with 25yr old Whitehead. So seeing someone rip JD for not signing him was wild. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JFM isn’t hybrid if we get a DE at 4 or 10 though. He’d be a DT the majority of the time. My guess is that they think having Lawson back and a drafted DE if bolstering the DL. 

JFM is the Armstead of the defense. His role is carved out. Adding an EDGE at 4 doesn’t change that. He can’t be a full time DT. They were in on BJ Hill and DJ Jones. If they felt that way about JFM I doubt they would have went in that direction. 

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm starting to put my money on us drafting IDL in the top-2 rounds. With how things played out and how good Travis Jones looked in front of our staff, I can see it. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm starting to put my money on us drafting IDL in the top-2 rounds. With how things played out and how good Travis Jones looked in front of our staff, I can see it. 

Me too, it wouldn’t surprise me. I can see Jones and McBride with our two 2s.