2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I think I am with you. If he goes to Miami though we are absolutely going 0-6 in the division again and likely all this offseason work for 5-6 wins lol. Lets be realistic. 

I don’t have even close to the expectations that a lot of this board do for this team going forward, so I don’t really care lol

not a guy I’m trying to reset the market on 

Just now, KimuraGod said:

As good as Hill is I just don’t see how giving up the draft capital it would cost makes sense. Like all offseason everyone has been preaching building through the draft etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

With every single draft pick, you always cross your fingers that one day that player will end up being 1/3 of the player a guy like Tyreek Hill is. 

The other thing everybody keeps preaching about is building around your young QB. 

Adding Tyreek Hill is definitely doing that. Otherwise, it is just lip service.

3 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

As good as Hill is I just don’t see how giving up the draft capital it would cost makes sense. Like all offseason everyone has been preaching building through the draft etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dude's a top 5 WR in the league that's in his prime. There's a .01% chance that whoever we'd draft at 4 or 10 at WR will ever be as good as Hill. You give up 10 and a 1st or 2nd next year and call it a day. MIA is sitting at 29. They have to offer up a ton to beat that offer.

We have to do this, you can hope Moore becomes Hill or we draft a guy and he becomes Hill or you can just get him. He instantly becomes our best Wide Receiver but doesn't impact Davis, Moore or Berrios roles. All fit well together. We have the picks and money to get it done. Zach is 4 years away from a major extension if he works out. By the time that comes we'll be fine cap wise. 

Douglas has to get this done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Jesus Christ this is scary

Either you add the best weapon in the league or your division rival does, setting you even further back

This is where you go cut throat and don't let KC choose. You make your offer hands down better than MIAs and it's not a "who does he want to play for" game, like it appears now.

I find the likelihood of him picking us small if KC is happy with either offer.

You're Tyreek Hill who are you picking? Let's be real. We're competing with a team with no state tax and a much better roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We have to do this, you can hope Moore becomes Hill or we draft a guy and he becomes Hill or you can just get him. He instantly becomes our best Wide Receiver but doesn't impact Davis, Moore or Berrios roles. All fit well together. We have the picks and money to get it done. Zach is 4 years away from a major extension if he works out. By the time that comes we'll be fine cap wise. 

Douglas has to get this done. 

He got it done. THe offer has been accepted. Its on Tyreek now. Cant blame the GM at this point.