2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Been thinking about this tonight and as much as I’d loved to of seen a talent like Hill in green in white come Sundays….let’s remember he’s a first ballot piece of **** who’s abused not only his girl (which is bad enough!) but his child also. So **** him. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm kind of surprised he picked Miami. I thought the whole Brian Flores thing with ownership would of been enough of a detterent and the fact that Tua won't be able to utilize his best skill. 

Players don’t care about this stuff at all. Fans and media do but it’s fake outrage mostly. 

• Like 1

Big deal all that Miami had to give up to get Hill, was the 29 first round pick & the 50 pick in the 2022 draft. And couple of fourth round new year. Another deal we couldn't pull the trigger on. Who would believe at the end of last season that is all you had to give up to get Hill.   

Edited by doumeyer

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-pro-day-news-and-rumors-ohio-state-wr-chris-olave-garrett-wilson-shine/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nfl-pro-day-news-and-rumors-ohio-state-wr-chris-olave-garrett-wilson-shine

Wide receiver Chris Olave had a brilliant workout. He looked sharp and sudden running routes but also very smooth. He caught the ball well and did an exceptional job tracking the pass in the air. Olave has been one of the top-rated receivers for this class since last summer.

Garrett Wilson also looked tremendous all day. As someone told me, there was a discernible difference between the two receivers. And while Olave was good, Wilson was on another level. His routes were super crisp yet smooth. He showed great body control and caught everything.

Few, if any, left the workout not believing Wilson is the top receiver in the draft.

Both receivers had extensive 1-on-1 meetings with the Jets, Bills, Patriots, and Saints over the past two days. All four teams had their receiver coaches on hand.

We couldnt control getting Hill, they tried but he chose Miami, but we can control getting Wilson and if they dont it will be a mistake, gonna be a star NFL WR

Not sure it's been said, but Hill lives in Miami during the off-season, just bought a massive house over the summer.

Also, the idea that Douglas should've offered more... makes no sense. The extension was as good as a no-trade clause. You can't make that type of move if the guy isn't willing to sign a long-term deal. Hill had all the leverage. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Big deal all that Miami had to give up to get Hill, was the 29 first round pick & the 50 pick in the 2022 draft. And couple of fourth round new year. Another deal we couldn't pull the trigger on. Who would believe at the end of last season that is all you had to give up to get Hill.   

We literally had a deal in place to get him, he chose Miami. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Not sure it's been said, but Hill lives in Miami during the off-season, just bought a massive house over the summer.

Also, the idea that Douglas should've offered more... makes no sense. The extension was as good as a no-trade clause. You can't make that type of move if the guy isn't willing to sign a long-term deal. Hill had all the leverage. 

Right. Douglas offers more and Hill holds out or walks the next season. Douglas knows what he’s doing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Here's my big brain idea.

Draft Garrett Wilson at 10, let DK sour in Seattle with Drew Lock/rookie, trade our mid first in 2023, cut Corey Davis.

Wilson 23

Moore 23

Metcalf 25 to start the 2023 season.

I'd prefer that than trying to obtain him this year for two reasons.  1.  He had a poor second half last year even with Russ back in at QB.  Lets make sure he can revert back to his dominating ways.  2.  Lets see how DK does without Russ.  He will have Goff throwing to him.  Zach is not near Russ' level yet.  It will provide a better gage on how DK does without a really good QB.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Would Zach Wilson have gotten into bad habits with Hill?

Do you think he would have reverted to more backyard football?

The respect a defense has to give Hill and his speed does a lot more for an offense than you'd think. Safeties don't come down as much bc they have to worry about the deep ball. It becomes a chess match. The middle of the field is open bc Ss have to respect Hill and you eat that up. Ss start coming down bc you're beating them short and in the middle and you have Hill over the top now. Ss play back, you also can run the ball easier.

One player that's electric can change a whole defense. And that's why I preach we need elite talent on offense skill wise.

I don't want to hear Moore is that. HE ISN'T!!! Can be potentially be? Maybe. So he right now isn't.

We need a player defenses have to account for that alters their game plan. If you can have multiple ones obviously that's even better (think Kelce middle of the field and Hill deep) Defenses than are struggling all game. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Moore will become our Tyreek Hill. 

But you can’t knock having two of them.

With that being said you draft Jameson Williams and now you have two of them. 

I feel like you don't know how bold that statement is

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel like you don't know how bold that statement is

Extremely bold but before Tyreek Hill was Tyreek Hill he was just a 5th round pick who ran 4.29

This isn’t think Stephen Hill will be Randy Moss because he wore #84 or Calvin Johnson because they went to Georgia Tech.

I’m basing it off of what I’ve seen on the field and the ability those kids have.