2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

33 minutes ago, xrade said:

It’ll be awesome watching Miami sniff the playoffs then fade while we steadily get better. I predict we are ahead of Miami in 2023. I further predict Hill will begin pouting as his stats decrease.

I’m pro not putting your team in cap hell if your not a win now team (which we’re not). But teams consistently show that it’s relatively easy to finagle contracts to make it work. Maybe you have to let a player or 2 walk you really don’t want to… but it’s doable. Not sure how a 9 win MIA team that got significantly better and actual has a relatively young roster… is a team that will fade.

Waddle actually is what people talk about Moore like he “is” Except Moore didn’t prove it. They added OL talent, a legit RB, OHHH and one of the best WRs in the league. They can beat any team in any way now. Tua is the only question mark. And he was significantly better than Wilson. We as fans at this stage can only hope Wilson can be as good as Tua is.

Once again… all we have on this team is hope. We have zero ground to judge, ridicule, talk bad, etc. about other teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m pro not putting your team in cap hell if your not a win now team (which we’re not). But teams consistently show that it’s relatively easy to finagle contracts to make it work. Maybe you have to let a player or 2 walk you really don’t want to… but it’s doable. Not sure how a 9 win MIA team that got significantly better and actual has a relatively young roster… is a team that will fade.

Waddle actually is what people talk about Moore like he “is” Except Moore didn’t prove it. They added OL talent, a legit RB, OHHH and one of the best WRs in the league. They can beat any team in any way now. Tua is the only question mark. And he was significantly better than Wilson. We as fans at this stage can only hope Wilson can be as good as Tua is.

Once again… all we have on this team is hope. We have zero ground to judge, ridicule, talk bad, etc. about other teams.

I am pretty happy the decided to load up on LT and LG with a left handed qb leaving his blind side still sucky 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Who? The Jets? Tells you everything you need to know how players view us.

The real nut kick with regard to our teams rep through out the league was the anthony barr disaster.

He agreed to a deal with us, went to sleep, woke up feeling sick with regret over the idea of playing for us and immediately backed out of the deal.

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

The real nut kick with regard to our teams rep through out the league was the anthony barr disaster.

He agreed to a deal with us, went to sleep, woke up feeling sick with regret over the idea of playing for us and immediately backed out of the deal.

I see your point. But that offseason we got some good players to sign with us. And Barr has been pretty bad since then. So that actually saved us.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I see your point. But that offseason we got some good players to sign with us. And Barr has been pretty bad since then. So that actually saved us.

Sure, Mosely still signed and Barr hasn't lived up to his deal. It's the fact that an NFL player got, literally, sick at the idea of playing for us....

It's just kinda of a shock to hear that players hold that sort of sentiment towards our team. We've certainly heard from players that have preferred other squads but this was the most visceral example of how bad the image of our team is or was around the league. 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Just trying to be positive.  It gets so boring with all the negative talk even if it is more reality.

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

Sure, Mosely still signed and Barr hasn't lived up to his deal. It's the fact that an NFL player got, literally, sick at the idea of playing for us....

It's just kinda of a shock to hear that players hold that sort of sentiment towards our team. We've certainly heard from players that have preferred other squads but this was the most visceral example of how bad the image of our team is or was around the league. 

i'm sure the guy wasn't literally sick - he probably didn't like the idea of changed and wussed out.