2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

26 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’s good but ehh idk just missing something to me. 

Skill wise I have 0 issue with giving 10 and 25mill to him. If I have a concern and it’s my only concern is how chippy his game has gotten recently. Seems to let guys get in his head and makes the game personal. For him it seems to still amount to him producing… but it’s also walking the line to maybe get into that OBJ vs Norman aggressiveness. He has to not take trash talk and all personal and let his play be his voice. It’s not like the same trash talk isn’t said to other big WRs. 

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Averaging over 1k yards and 10 TDs in your 3 year career isn’t a star?

I’m not going to crap on DK because I’d love to have him but he had one 100 TD receiving game last year vs 2020. He had 129 targets with 83 catches in 2020 vs 129 targets and 75 catches in 2021. Very close. He had 1300 yds in 2020 vs 975 last year.

The question is was it the QB, DK or both?  We know Russ was hurt but not all year. Could DK be regressing?  Those are legitimate concerns if you are going to pay big $ and give up draft picks. 

It may sound crazy because of the year he had, but if I had to pick out of Metcalf & Deebo, I'd probably go with DK. His extension probably won't be as high as Deebo's, won't cost as much in a trade, and can put up as many receiving yards as anyone when targeted enough.  Deebo was the 49ers offense, so he will likely cost more. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’m not going to crap on DK because I’d love to have him but he had one 100 TD receiving game last year vs 2020. He had 129 targets with 83 catches in 2020 vs 129 targets and 75 catches in 2021. Very close. He had 1300 yds in 2020 vs 975 last year.

The question is was it the QB, DK or both?  We know Russ was hurt but not all year. Could DK be regressing?  Those are legitimate concerns if you are going to pay big $ and give up draft picks. 

Can’t see a 24yr old WR declining. And let’s be real… if we even paid him 25mill and his worst season was 970yds and 10TDs… we’d still be good. We can only hope any guy we’d draft would ever get to those numbers. If I had to guess without researching we’ve probably not had a WR that we’ve drafted reach those numbers since Cotchery.

Not sure how I’d feel about Deebo.

Obviously he’s had a great season but as @Forge commented in the gen thread you worry with his style of play that he will become frequently injured again like the year previous.

I would be so excited for him obviously but I feel DK would probably be the safer option?! 

Thoughts? This is still very much hypothetical of course.  

I'm not stressed about the WR situation because our core is pretty good and now we have a chance to add Metcalf, Deebo, Brown, J.Williams, Drake London, or Garret Wilson to the group. We're good no matter what. If we can add one of those vet WRs without giving up a 1st, I'd love to go that route but we're in a winning situation. All I want to add after that on offense are development OL prospects at C and OT. 

I feel like there is a lot of heat coming from the idea of the Jets drafting a CB. They've been pretty close to Elam, Sauce, and Stingley. He maybe selling this, but a part of me is starting to believe he wants to trade for a WR so he can use one of those picks for a CB. All I've heard about so far is the jets liking DEs, WRs, and CBs. 

37 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not stressed about the WR situation because our core is pretty good and now we have a chance to add Metcalf, Deebo, Brown, J.Williams, Drake London, or Garret Wilson to the group. We're good no matter what. If we can add one of those vet WRs without giving up a 1st, I'd love to go that route but we're in a winning situation. All I want to add after that on offense are development OL prospects at C and OT. 

I feel like there is a lot of heat coming from the idea of the Jets drafting a CB. They've been pretty close to Elam, Sauce, and Stingley. He maybe selling this, but a part of me is starting to believe he wants to trade for a WR so he can use one of those picks for a CB. All I've heard about so far is the jets liking DEs, WRs, and CBs. 

Still can’t see us going CB. Here’s the deal. When we’re drafting at 4 and 10. We pretty much have to bring in all the guys who are thought to go in that range. Doesn’t matter position. Only position we can blatantly not bring in is QB bc everyone knows what we’ve done there. So I think we can’t get caught up in these visits of too guys. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Still can’t see us going CB. Here’s the deal. When we’re drafting at 4 and 10. We pretty much have to bring in all the guys who are thought to go in that range. Doesn’t matter position. Only position we can blatantly not bring in is QB bc everyone knows what we’ve done there. So I think we can’t get caught up in these visits of too guys. 

The truth is that no one knows what the Jets will do. No one expected us to sign a CB like Reed or 2 starting TEs. As you mentioned,  the only position off the table is really QB. I can make a case for every position or top prospect. It's going to come down to who JD believes is the best option out of our needs, not what position is the biggest need this year. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

… if we even paid him 25mill and his worst season was 970yds and 10TDs… we’d still be good

Wow. $25M for mediocrity. How desperate that would be. Truth is we have not had a QB that could get the ball to a WR that could generate 1000 yds. We hope Zach will change that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I grade DK at WR better than I do Joey Bosa at DE. Nick Bosa is a different story (maybe that's who you're thinking). I mean DK was 4th in the NFL last year in TDs with Geno Smith at QB for 4 of those games. He also pretty much put up a 1k season as well (970yds).

I just threw the name Joey Bosa out bc he's about the same age and has a good career, but hasn't reached elite yet.

DK has one 1,000yd season - 26 different receivers put up 1,000yds last year. Bosa has been to 4 pro-bowls and been a consensus top 5-10 DE since he's been in the league. All the talent in world and credit to you for wanting him at 3 when no one else did... but, some of these takes (SEA Jamal > NY Jamal) are wild.