2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No way DET doesn't take Hutch if he falls to 2. But any situation with Walker going before us at 4... I like. 

Even though I like his potential more than you, I am really scared hes our pick at 4 and he shouldn't be. Hes not a top ten pick. Honestly neither is JJ. If we are making yet top 6 pick we better start getting ready to play impact players.

Since 2015 these have been out top 6 picks:

Leonard Williams at 6 -good but not impactful

Jamal Adams at 6 - very good and even impactful but didn't want to be here and netted us a ton (probably the best player we've drafted in the top 10 in recent history by a solid amount.

Sam Darnold (had 6 traded to 3) - not very good at all

Quinnen Williams at 3 - good player, not a great one and hasn't been super impactful

Mehki Becton at 11 - not top 6 but still just about top 10 - potential to be very good but has been hurt and coaching staff is critical of his work ethic and discipline. Jury is still out.

Zach Wilson at 2 - Pretty horrible his rookie year. He got much better and improved on his turnovers but 9 TD passes in 13-14 games is pretty awful even for a rookie. That being said I think he will be much better and I like him but its still a mystery.

All these top picks and literally next to zero impact. I do not even care what we do in this draft...but with #4 and #10 Douglas needs to add 2 impactful starters or its a complete fail and we will be continuing to be in the top 5-10 year after year like the Lions, Jaguars and Browns for the majority of a decade. Dont over draft anyone just for a position of need. Draft studs.  

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I find it hard to believe that Walker is a top 5 guy let alone number 1. Walker in my eyes is a bottom on the first round guy maybe late teens at the earliest. I personal think he is a bust waiting to happen. 

I dont say this with the intent to disrespect, but it doesnt matter what you believe, the fact is there is some real smoke out there with Walker going #1 overall, all the media guys are hearing it.  Now it may be a smokescreen for sure, but for the Jets benefit it would be great if it wasnt.

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Kiper has us taking KT, London at 4/10 and trading up to 31 for Linderbaum using 35 and a day 3 pick and then Breece Hall at 38.

**** me Kiper has had a personality transplant. Usually his mocks are horrible for the jets. That mock I would gladly sign up for!!! 

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

That would be pretty awesome. 

There was one mock draft that had like 5 WRs going round 1, that is why we can't wait for certain positions. We need a WR round 1. I really like Drake London, he would bring a element we don't have.  London almost reminds me of Brandon Marshall, the way he moves as a big man. 

I am concerned with Kayvon, just because I don't like his attitude and arrogance. He seems like a worse Jamal Adams in that category. 

Ehh idc about attitude and arrogance as much as the next guy as long as you produce. Adams was a me guy and started bashing the team, owner, GM and then coach. Thibs doesnt seem like the type to do that. 

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

I dont say this with the intent to disrespect, but it doesnt matter what you believe, the fact is there is some real smoke out there with Walker going #1 overall, all the media guys are hearing it.  Now it may be a smokescreen for sure, but for the Jets benefit it would be great if it wasnt.

I think you just said it. SMOKE!!! That is all this is. These GM's know not to give their hand up. I remember that Sam was going to be #1 then Mayfield was 1. We all knew that a QB would go 1. This year is completely different from years past. You don't have that stud QB going 1 in years past. I think the Jags want to trade out of 1 pretty bad. They have a ton of holes to fill. The only problem is none of these guys are worth the #1 pick. If you had a few stud QB's Hutch and these other guys would be going lower like 5-8 spots. This is pretty much the WORSE year to have picks 4 and 10. I think Willis is still going top 5. I just can't see this draft not having a QB in the top 5 with all the QB need teams out there. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Are you on the GGN board as well?

No

I used to be on Jetsinsider way back before they shut down or merged or something, but all my Jets takes are on here or twitter

Edited by Abe56

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’d drink a bottle of the hottest hot sauce you guys could find if we draft him.

I guess I haven't been as adamant as you that I don't want him (trust me I don't want him). But I think his talent is great. I just really think CB is pretty far down on the list of things we need. If he was one of just a few handful of guys that I saw as great than maybe I'd say take him bc he's BPA. But there's guys at positions we could use that are worthy of that 4th pick. If you can hit a need and it be right around BPA that's what you do. You waste picks when you draft guys like Q when you have actual needs in spots. Especially when a guy like Sauce right away is fighting for playing time. He isn't walking into TC and getting an outside CB spot. He has to beat out a talented CB in Hall whos a vet and in the system for a year 1 already. Not an easy task. We draft a DE they're more than likely starting right away. If not... at least they'd be rotating in quite a bit. Heck I think Hamilton isn't as good of a prospect as Sauce... but at least Hamilton isn't an overdraft at 4 still and can start (He'd have to beat out Joyner). But beating out Joyner is an easier task than beating out Hall. It's also about developing players. Hall is 24 and is progressing. Why bump a good young player to not playing bc we draft Sauce? Pointless. At least Joyner's 31. HUGE difference. And that's just an example. You could even use Fant at OT as an example. Fant will be 30 this next season and in his last year of his deal. There's options if we go OL at 4. We could trade Fant, let the 2 best of the 3 play, Fant just doesn't get resigned after the season, Also I highly doubt all of Becton, Fant, Laken and AVT are all healthy for a whole 17 game season. So you can just keep it as is and let that rookie plug and play where they're needed. But ultimately plan on playing them at OT after this season. I'd even argue just drafting our top WR at 4. Let's just say we LOVE Garrett Wilson (hypothetical) and we know that there's a chance that he wont make it to 10 (ATL drafts at 9 and have no WRs). Why reach on a guy at 4 who you don't love. Just draft the guy you do and see who falls to you at 10. Who knows... maybe our top DE is still there at 10. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I guess I haven't been as adamant as you that I don't want him (trust me I don't want him). But I think his talent is great. I just really think CB is pretty far down on the list of things we need. If he was one of just a few handful of guys that I saw as great than maybe I'd say take him bc he's BPA. But there's guys at positions we could use that are worthy of that 4th pick. If you can hit a need and it be right around BPA that's what you do. You waste picks when you draft guys like Q when you have actual needs in spots. Especially when a guy like Sauce right away is fighting for playing time. He isn't walking into TC and getting an outside CB spot. He has to beat out a talented CB in Hall whos a vet and in the system for a year 1 already. Not an easy task. We draft a DE they're more than likely starting right away. If not... at least they'd be rotating in quite a bit. Heck I think Hamilton isn't as good of a prospect as Sauce... but at least Hamilton isn't an overdraft at 4 still and can start (He'd have to beat out Joyner). But beating out Joyner is an easier task than beating out Hall. It's also about developing players. Hall is 24 and is progressing. Why bump a good young player to not playing bc we draft Sauce? Pointless. At least Joyner's 31. HUGE difference. And that's just an example. You could even use Fant at OT as an example. Fant will be 30 this next season and in his last year of his deal. There's options if we go OL at 4. We could trade Fant, let the 2 best of the 3 play, Fant just doesn't get resigned after the season, Also I highly doubt all of Becton, Fant, Laken and AVT are all healthy for a whole 17 game season. So you can just keep it as is and let that rookie plug and play where they're needed. But ultimately plan on playing them at OT after this season. I'd even argue just drafting our top WR at 4. Let's just say we LOVE Garrett Wilson (hypothetical) and we know that there's a chance that he wont make it to 10 (ATL drafts at 9 and have no WRs). Why reach on a guy at 4 who you don't love. Just draft the guy you do and see who falls to you at 10. Who knows... maybe our top DE is still there at 10. 

I love Sauce as a prospect but I’m just operating from outside my preferences. Remember last year I wanted Newsome for example because I thought we would go Corner early but we didn’t and it was clear later round prospects can thrive in this scheme. 

EDGE is still the priority and the OL isn’t as complete as we think because we have no idea on Becton. 

WR I can understand, you get your guy unless you have a handful of guys you really like and know that a couple will be available when you pick. But if one is clearly above the others then it is something to consider.