2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

About what positions we’re looking at, etc…

We’ll I think it’s obvious what we need. But exact players we love at this stage is a joke. There’s like 3 months until the draft. Post FA I think it’ll be a tad easier to see who we might draft. The prospects should almost be settled into generally areas by then and our needs will be more obvious.

Saw another article on Pittsburgh trading up to 10 to grab Malik Willis.  The offer was 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  That could be any WR or Jermaine Johnson at 20 plus the ammo so I wouldn't be upset.

But would you rather 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 1st, future 1st, 3rd/4th?  I think I would rather the future 1st and bank on them having a losing season.

Just when we though the Seahawks were dead, they win three out four of their last games and knock us from the sixth overall pick down to the tenth overall pick. And that could be a big deal, because we have know idea how the first three picks in the draft will go.

17 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just when we though the Seahawks were dead, they win three out four of their last games and knock us from the sixth overall pick down to the tenth overall pick. And that could be a big deal, because we have know idea how the first three picks in the draft will go.

I don't see it as an issue.  I think they want to help Zach and Burks sounds a lot better at 10 than 6.  Only nice thing would have been trade ups ahead of NYG, Atl and Car.

56 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Before the season started if we knew the SEA pick would be at 10, we’d be ecstatic. Their schedule played out where we knew they’d win their last games. So no surprise.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Before the season started if we knew the SEA pick would be at 10, we’d be ecstatic. Their schedule played out where we knew they’d win their last games. So no surprise.

I was surprised they beat the Cards, but it is what it is. This is a lot different than the past several years when it was all about the QB's in the draft. I really think we must come up with an impact player whether on defensive or Offensive. We have drafted several good young players but we still need that superstar. With all the very high first round draft pick we had the last several years we failed to do that.

28 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I was surprised they beat the Cards, but it is what it is. This is a lot different than the past several years when it was all about the QB's in the draft. I really think we must come up with an impact player whether on defensive or Offensive. We have drafted several good young players but we still need that superstar. With all the very high first round draft pick we had the last several years we failed to do that.

I agree. I’d love a WR at 10 to be that star WR for Wilson. We didn’t get to see Wilson and Moore this year really. So that can still be a great combo. Carter might be the guy for me. I think if we go OL at 4 or 10 and or even sign a top OG in FA, running the ball will make the game easier for us. And Carter is a do it all back. We were down most games so we didn’t get to see a balanced attack often. I think if we can make the right moves, he can be a great RB. Obviously we’d all love to see Wilson get to that star level. Improving the OL and having a running game will help him tons. But adding a WR and a TE (probably 2) is crucial to get him there. We have 4 very quality picks and cap space. There’s no reason to not see a much improved roster going into the 2022 season. We have every reason to expect double the amount of wins from this team with those additions and all the young guys in the league another year.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. I’d love a WR at 10 to be that star WR for Wilson. We didn’t get to see Wilson and Moore this year really. So that can still be a great combo. Carter might be the guy for me. I think if we go OL at 4 or 10 and or even sign a top OG in FA, running the ball will make the game easier for us. And Carter is a do it all back. We were down most games so we didn’t get to see a balanced attack often. I think if we can make the right moves, he can be a great RB. Obviously we’d all love to see Wilson get to that star level. Improving the OL and having a running game will help him tons. But adding a WR and a TE (probably 2) is crucial to get him there. We have 4 very quality picks and cap space. There’s no reason to not see a much improved roster going into the 2022 season. We have every reason to expect double the amount of wins from this team with those additions and all the young guys in the league another year.

Not to mention the coaches having a year under their belt as well.

But imagine now Zach has a reliable TE, healthy Moore, Davis and rookie and now Carter to hand it off and check down to full time, and not Ty Johnson.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Not to mention the coaches having a year under their belt as well.

But imagine now Zach has a reliable TE, healthy Moore, Davis and rookie and now Carter to hand it off and check down to full time, and not Ty Johnson.

I’d love that.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:19 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Saw another article on Pittsburgh trading up to 10 to grab Malik Willis.  The offer was 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  That could be any WR or Jermaine Johnson at 20 plus the ammo so I wouldn't be upset.

But would you rather 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 1st, future 1st, 3rd/4th?  I think I would rather the future 1st and bank on them having a losing season.

I would take either trade but the one with the future first is definitely better. It’s also fun rooting hard for another team to lose to have a top pick and not our own!

• Like 1