Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

17 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Oh, you don't remember? I'll refresh it. You and @Nextyearfordaboyz were so opposed to what the Rams did and all their block buster moves.

Matts: "All those other swing for the fence type trades have done absolutely nothing for those franchises. We should copy other peoples failures, amirite?" 

"They havent done sheet since making all the block buster moves."

So I wonder, what do you have to say about the Rams now?

Yea they won....but barely. It's not like they dominated the year and in the SB. They could have just as easily lost that SB as they did win. That formula that the Rams employed does not have a long track record of success. I can't remember but they don't have a full stock of draft picks over the next couple of years do they?

On 2/19/2022 at 6:23 PM, DaBoys said:

The man just won the SB and had an AMAZING play on the games final drive when it mattered most. It wasn’t an accident. He didn’t “get away with one.”

Reading some of you explain away Daks flutter balls, and bad throws, then downplaying a Matt Stafford throw after he won the SB is somehow both infuriating and hilarious. 

Well I guess, but I stand by my comment.  Yes is was spectacular and at times yes I can see a no look pass be effective but to realistic most of the time it is not needed.  Personally in watching NFL over the last 40 years I can count the no of no-look passes on one hand I've seen.   ALSO I will NEVER excuse a bad pass from Dak except when it is obvious the WR did some thing wrong and Dak had already thrown the pass.  Also I will give Dak a pass is on some of those swing passes to a RB in the flat who is covered and thrown in the ground of high.  In those cases I see them as throwing the ball away to prevent a negative play.   AND yes Dak had a ton of bad plays against SF.  

It is just what irritates me is this sudden elevation of Stafford into suddenly being a ELITE top of the heap QB.   Stafford had a great drive to win the super bowl, no doubt and yes deserves all the props for being a super bowl winning QB. But his super bowl win does not make Stafford suddenly a equal peer of the top QB's i.e. Mahomes, Rogers and the retired Brady. I put him like Eli Manny in a way in the biggest game of his career to date he did what he needed to win the game. Though yes I guess I think Stafford is a better QB then Eli.   But I still have him at the top 9 depending upon situation.    What I also want to know is how would every one be talking about Stafford if the Rams D did not stop Cincy on that last drive. And Cincy got the tying FG or game winning TD.  Would Stafford be any less "good" a QB... NO but I imagine he wouldn't be getting all the love he has been getting. 

didn't come here for this.... came here about the release LB from NE...   any interest in him....

25 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Clears about $22.5m

I had to come back to Dallas for this one.

After he gets tagged it'll be awesome if my created Dalton Schultz thread gets unlocked.

Because I was mocked and called out for making it known regarding the overall value and importance of Dalton Schultz to the Cowboys #1 Offense and especially to (for) Dak Prescott; because talented Pass Catching TEs like this don't grow on trees  and will always and forever be considered as a younger QBs best friend for a reason.

And it looks like Dallas agreed with me in terms of his top 5 NFL TE production last year along with reports of 9 other NFL teams who were all willing to get into a bidding war for the rights to Dalton Schultz (and I bet my Jets were one of them) and now look; Dallas is pulling out all the tricks in the world in order to make sure he doesn't leave Big D into FA without a Cowboys Franchise Tag/long term contract.

This isn't considered as overpaying either (as I've been told). This will be considered as an A+ move by Dallas. I'll have to shift my attention towards Trey McBride #36 or #38 overall but hopefully your Dallas fan base loves keeping Dalton Schultz around and long-term too because man oh man would 9-10 other teams loved to have him; this kid is an awesome TE man and will statistically rank as the Cowboys 2nd next TE All-Time throughout the course of another 2-3 seasons (max).

Congratulations Dallas. 

Dallas Cowboys GIF by WFAA

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

Dallas gave Ezekiel Elliott a second contract. They waited until the last possible second to extend their franchise QB. 

Just as extremely liberal as Jerry was for a while there with their resources, Stephen is now just as extremely conservative and it's biting them in the ***. I like Schultz, I really do...but he is not worth a franchise tag nor a $10-11MM cap hit if you can't get a long-term deal worked out this season. 

51 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Good grief.

Well, much like KC, Buffalo, Dallas, etc … GB is hoping the salary cap boom comes soon …

On a side note, if you’re Cooper, DLaw, or any player for that matter .. why would you ever agree to a pay cut? LOL.

Edited by WizardHawk