Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

23 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i mean, Batum is one of the few players that has a worse deal than Anderson. If I were the Hornets I would most certainly do that. Batum is up there for horrible deals.

On the right time Batum could be very useful though. Anderson is useless outside of shooting.

7 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

On the right time Batum could be very useful though. Anderson is useless outside of shooting.

Yeah Batum is more valuable (when he's healthy) obviously. But Anderson player 20 MPG for the best regular season team in the league. Pretty sure the 40 win Hornets would be okay with him over Batum on top of getting off the money a year sooner. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@champ11 Random, but would you trade three peak years of LeBron on the Nuggets for Jokic never playing for the Nuggets again? 

Mannnnnn lol idk. Those three years would in all likelihood be the 3 most successful years the franchise would ever have in existence. But success and championships aren't really why I'm a huge fan of the Nuggets? Obviously lol. Everyone gets super attached to their young players and overvalues them and I'm so attached to this core. But then having a still great LeBron playing in Denver would be really special even if it would really be all about LeBron. 

I kinda went through this with Peyton joining the Broncos. The success was awesome but I kinda resented all the people that jumped on the bandwagon and all the coverage going full Peyton. It never really felt like the Broncos I grew up with.  

I think I'd enjoy keeping Jokic more. I genuinely think he can have a Dirk-like career and be an all time great. Proooooobably won't ever lead a team to a chip. If it was the front office they would have to 100% take Bron though. I prob sound like an idiot rn tho 

I respect it. And solid comparison to Peyton Manning during his latter years in Denver. But we would assume LeBron would be absolute peak and not fall apart like Manning did during the last year in a half in Denver lol. 

So are you saying you wouldn't trade Jokic for some other youngster like AD either because of how much you like him? 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I respect it. And solid comparison to Peyton Manning during his latter years in Denver. But we would assume LeBron would be absolute peak and not fall apart like Manning did during the last year in a half in Denver lol. 

So are you saying you wouldn't trade Jokic for some other youngster like AD either because of how much you like him? 

Still got that chip tho!!!! 

I think you'd have to move him for AD or Giannis. If we're talking about guys under 25 I think those are the only two I'd do immediately. Would consider KAT/Simmons and possibly Tatum. Don't think I'm forgetting anyone off the top of my head but could be

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I am not sure the Rockets would do this. That is a lot extra salary to add to an already tax bill situation, but Batum would be more useful in a warriors series. 

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

The problem is Batum is due $76.7M over the next three years, since it's unlikely he declines his PO.  Ryan Anderson is due $41.7M over the next two years.  That extra $35M goes a LONG way.  Yes, if Batum can recover value he's more valuable, but right now Batum is a toxic contract.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is Batum is due $76.7M over the next three years, since it's unlikely he declines his PO.  Ryan Anderson is due $41.7M over the next two years.  That extra $35M goes a LONG way.  Yes, if Batum can recover value he's more valuable, but right now Batum is a toxic contract.

Agreed. I’d rather pay the extra money for a useful player, depending on the team. Ryan Anderson is Ilyasova but paid way to much.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Agreed. I’d rather pay the extra money for a useful player, depending on the team. Ryan Anderson is Ilyasova but paid way to much.

At the end of the day, it depends on the team.  But the fact that Ryan Anderson essentially became a DNP during the playoffs is a major red flag, and part of the reason why I'd probably prefer Batum to Anderson in a vacuum.

29 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What could Orlando get for Vucevic? He is owed 12.75 mil this year and then his contract expires the following season

Vucevic is 1000% going to be a guy who leaves Orlando and blossoms. I’d take him on the Celtics so dang fast if we had space.

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Mannnnnn lol idk. Those three years would in all likelihood be the 3 most successful years the franchise would ever have in existence. But success and championships aren't really why I'm a huge fan of the Nuggets? Obviously lol. Everyone gets super attached to their young players and overvalues them and I'm so attached to this core. But then having a still great LeBron playing in Denver would be really special even if it would really be all about LeBron. 

I kinda went through this with Peyton joining the Broncos. The success was awesome but I kinda resented all the people that jumped on the bandwagon and all the coverage going full Peyton. It never really felt like the Broncos I grew up with.  

I think I'd enjoy keeping Jokic more. I genuinely think he can have a Dirk-like career and be an all time great. Proooooobably won't ever lead a team to a chip. If it was the front office they would have to 100% take Bron though. I prob sound like an idiot rn tho 

Your explanation, while I agree with it, isn't even necessary here because 3 years of Lebron isn't bringing home any chips with the Warriors still around. Sacrifice Jokic for a small chance at a title for the next 3 years? No thanks. I'd need some guarantee for this to even be worth considering, and then I'd arrive at same conclusion as you (would rather enjoy the ride of the Joker, etc.)

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Vucevic is 1000% going to be a guy who leaves Orlando and blossoms. I’d take him on the Celtics so dang fast if we had space.

Ehh I mean he’s set to be 28 this year, I think we already know what he is - a 17-18 a night guy that’ll get you 10 boards. He’s soft and has a loser mentality thanks to Orlando’s loser culture. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he did blossom with a fresh start...that seems to be the narrative for players after they leave Orlando lol

Archived