Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

On 9/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, O'Doyle Rules said:

Blade netflix would be awesome!!!

Yes it would. After seeing what they did with DareDevil, the sky's the limit for a Blade Netflix series.

I love how the toy box specifically says Marvel's Blade and Marvel's Bullseye on it and they're listed right alongside their other major Netflix characters, I'd say that's a fairly telling sign. 

Edited by KManX89

The future of the Netflix series will be interesting with Disney pulling all of their contracts and putting all their properties on their own streaming services. I wonder if Netflix has the rights to the characters or just has the rights to make the Defenders series and it's supplementary characters for a few years.

The Punisher should be up there with Daredevil as the best Netflix "hero" Though it'll be tough for them to top even season 2 of Daredevil in his first outing.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

The future of the Netflix series will be interesting with Disney pulling all of their contracts and putting all their properties on their own streaming services. I wonder if Netflix has the rights to the characters or just has the rights to make the Defenders series and it's supplementary characters for a few years.

The Punisher should be up there with Daredevil as the best Netflix "hero" Though it'll be tough for them to top even season 2 of Daredevil in his first outing.

When the Disney announcement was made Netflix claimed it wouldn't effect any of their current or planned Marvel series.

14 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

When the Disney announcement was made Netflix claimed it wouldn't effect any of their current or planned Marvel series.

It won't for the duration of the current Contract, But I'd imagine Disney would love to steal back those shows and just produce them under their streaming service's name. Instantly getting 5+  marvel shows back around 2020 or so would be a pretty solid boost for it. Then again Netflix might retain the rights to the characters, we'll never know until we get the exact details a few years from now. 

On 9/21/2017 at 3:13 PM, O'Doyle Rules said:

Marvels defenders has been the lowest watched out of the marvels series according to a report. Probably because iron fist and Luke cage were not that good so the hype for it went down.

I disagree but on one note. Luke Cage was great but lacked a better villain. Iron Fist was flat out terrible. Finn Jones was an incredibly bad casting choice. Every character in the show was better than he was.

8 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I disagree but on one note. Luke Cage was great but lacked a better villain. Iron Fist was flat out terrible. Finn Jones was an incredibly bad casting choice. Every character in the show was better than he was.

Defenders was entirely dragged down by Danny Rand's stupidity. He wasn't awful but you can tell the story of the defenders was meant for him to bring them together and he was a bigger part of it then he should've been. It was still pretty good despite the medicore villains and inconsistencies, but considering it should've been the "TV Avengers with a very good TV show budget (Rumored around 8-10 million per episode) it was a disappointment. But still, it's going to lead too these characters interacting a lot more and that should lead to the individual series being much better.