Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

19 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Chigoziem Okonkwo takes so many jet sweeps its insane. 

I just checked him out. Nice job on the scouting report!!!! 🤣

He that guy that just walks in one day and says,  Hay can I play!!! Has no clue how to play the game but dominate with his physical skills.  Only way you draft him is to put him in front of a white board and see if he can grasp offensive concepts. Kinda like Steven Neal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMzz83njvPw

This is bad tape, WOW There playing N Western you kidding me!

Leo Chenal  I keep seeing this LB popping up with the Pats. Can we please stop. He would be great back when they wore leather helmets. How does he even fit in 2022. Three skills he has.

1. SLOW

2. SLOWER

3. SLOWEST  

I not sure if he can play ST.

How many holes is he going to miss.  He should be UDFA.

Edited by m haynes

52 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Leo Chenal  I keep seeing this LB popping up with the Pats. Can we please stop. He would be great back when they wore leather helmets. How does he even fit in 2022. Three skills he has.

1. SLOW

2. SLOWER

3. SLOWEST  

I have seen him mocked high 2nd round by a lot of people.. but I find it hard to believe any team is going to draft him or Beavers in the top 100. Most teams just dont want 260lb LB's anymore.. That's why someone like Bentley ended up in the 4th round. 

If you are drafting a LB in the 2nd round, you're going with: 

• Christian Harris
  • Brandon Smith
  • Quay Walker 

Those guys are all 240+ with SPEED. If you want to pair one of them with a Beavers in the 4th, that's fine by me.. but one of those 3 are the main option at LB for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Skyy Moore intrigues me

The fact that some people think he is going to get drafted in the 4th-5th rounds is nuts. He's going to end up being drafted in the 2nd or 3rd the latest. 

He and Wand'Dale Robinson are going to end up being drafted in that 45-65 range I'm guessing. 

The concern with someone like Moore is who are you taking off the field? He is likely playing exclusively the slot as a rookie.. so you're taking Bourne/Meyers off the field and keeping Agholor? 

That's why I wonder if they go away from the slot guys and try to get someone who can replace Agholor right away.. or see if Bourne can play the X. I do like the idea of Bourne/Meyers/Moore all playing inside and outside though, could give lots of options to the OC we don't have

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

The fact that some people think he is going to get drafted in the 4th-5th rounds is nuts. He's going to end up being drafted in the 2nd or 3rd the latest. 

He and Wand'Dale Robinson are going to end up being drafted in that 45-65 range I'm guessing. 

The concern with someone like Moore is who are you taking off the field? He is likely playing exclusively the slot as a rookie.. so you're taking Bourne/Meyers off the field and keeping Agholor? 

That's why I wonder if they go away from the slot guys and try to get someone who can replace Agholor right away.. or see if Bourne can play the X. I do like the idea of Bourne/Meyers/Moore all playing inside and outside though, could give lots of options to the OC we don't have

Bourne and Meyers are both Y receivers IMO

On 2/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, m haynes said:

1. SLOW

2. SLOWER

3. SLOWEST  

This essentially guarantees he's going to be a Patriot.

• Like 1

Watching some tape on Nevada WR Romeo Doubs…. I’m impressed.

Seems like he can line up just about any where on offense and change the game. More than solid punt returner also.

The receiver crop is so deep this year. Starters can easily be found through round 3 imo with this class. We’ve got to get Mac “his guy” in April

edit**
 Here’s a nice write up on Romeo Doubs

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/romeo-doubs-nevada-wr-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Edited by DaPatsKid98

Well I can guarantee one thing in this draft.

Good bye Jake!

Pats select

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pNWGG19us

Araiza ---  is amazing and with the pick the Pats save 3.1 mil on the cap, releasing Jake.  Yes they will release him. Why, becasue why would anyone trade for him and his salary when they can target Araiza. 

They say he's Ray Guy II,   Guy was a 1st RD pick and any old time Pats fan knows ... he was worth the pick. No I'm not saying take him in the 1st but it wouldn't shock me if the Pats take him in the 4th RD.

Edited by m haynes

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

Well I can guarantee one thing in this draft.

Good bye Jake!

Pats select

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pNWGG19us

Araiza ---  is amazing and with the pick the Pats save 3.1 mil on the cap, releasing Jake.  Yes they will release him. Why, becasue why would anyone trade for him and his salary when they can target Araiza. 

They say he's Ray Guy II,   Guy was a 1st RD pick and any old time Pats fan knows ... he was worth the pick. No I'm not saying take him in the 1st but it wouldn't shock me if the Pats take him in the 4th RD.

I believe they can free up a decent amount of cap space by cutting Bailey, so it wouldn’t shock me. 

Here more info on Araiza

Average per punt = 51.2      Top NFL = 50

Net average per punt = 46.7  Top NFL = 42.6

Bailey  

PER  = 47.3    NET = 42

This kid is on another planet.  I will not be shocked if BB takes him in the 3/4 RD. If he still there. Like I said earlier Ray Guy in the 1st was worth every penny!!!!

ADDED  Look at the net compared to his average , that insane!!

Edited by m haynes

It seems almost too logical that BB goes after Araiza .. so much so that another team will think it too and grab him. The Patriots are in a tough spot with only 6 draft picks, but some team with 10+ picks would be more than happy to spend an early pick on a punter because they have a bunch. 

• Bailey can be cut/traded and save something like 3-4 million on the cap
  • Bailey took a step back last year.. i think that he would likely be better this year but he will cost a lot more and Araiza has much more potential
  • Araiza is also a kicker.. could you imagine BB stunning everyone and going with one player to kick and punt? It would save a roster spot at least.. 
  • Araiza has only been a punter for a year, he certainly has a lot of room to grow

I feel like one of two things are going to happen: 

• trades back multiple times in this draft to gain extra day 2/3 picks
    • I'm talking 3+ trades ending with something like 2 2nds, 3 3rds, 2 4ths and 2 5ths 
  • trade away a couple future picks to move up / get extra picks ( I believe they have an extra 4th from the Rams next year and another pick)

Trading out of the 1st makes too much sense in this draft, but I'm also thinking plenty of other teams 20-30 may have the same idea... so the cost could be cheap for teams looking to buy to the point where BB is forced to make a pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

It seems almost too logical that BB goes after Araiza .. so much so that another team will think it too and grab him. The Patriots are in a tough spot with only 6 draft picks, but some team with 10+ picks would be more than happy to spend an early pick on a punter because they have a bunch. 

• Bailey can be cut/traded and save something like 3-4 million on the cap
  • Bailey took a step back last year.. i think that he would likely be better this year but he will cost a lot more and Araiza has much more potential
  • Araiza is also a kicker.. could you imagine BB stunning everyone and going with one player to kick and punt? It would save a roster spot at least.. 
  • Araiza has only been a punter for a year, he certainly has a lot of room to grow

I feel like one of two things are going to happen: 

• trades back multiple times in this draft to gain extra day 2/3 picks
    • I'm talking 3+ trades ending with something like 2 2nds, 3 3rds, 2 4ths and 2 5ths 
  • trade away a couple future picks to move up / get extra picks ( I believe they have an extra 4th from the Rams next year and another pick)

Trading out of the 1st makes too much sense in this draft, but I'm also thinking plenty of other teams 20-30 may have the same idea... so the cost could be cheap for teams looking to buy to the point where BB is forced to make a pick.

Rams 1st pick 3rd 103rd pick.  That's a long way to go (after punt) against that defense !!!!!

Edited by m haynes

You can see the speed and movement, impressive.  Chad Muma looked bad SR bowl game however I might of judged him to quickly based on a All Star game. Look at the speed.

Also Anderson will be a huge steal in the 4th. I see him as a 2nd/ 3rd RD talent. BB takes him at 54 wouldn't bother me in the least. You have to be a extreme player to accomplished what he has.

Edited by m haynes