NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Not even talking about that. I actually thought Dak played pretty well. I think he is a top tier QB when healthy. I am specifically talking about the QB run play that he botched that cost his team a chance at another shot to the endzone. As much as I hated the play call (and as a fan of football I thought it was terrible), Dak did not have the awareness to get down and get the ball to the proper person. He has to own that. That is on him.

Just so you know, that dude is literally despised by 95% of our posters. He literally avoids posting on this site unless its to bash Dak. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Im not misrepresenting anything. I am telling you the game was over by that point and all of that was just low probability BS. 

None of it mattered. We had lost by that point. 

Statistically you had a chance until the clock ticked 0:00. The 49ers tried to hand you guys the game a couple times. Had he been able to successfully spike the ball we are looking at a reasonable throw to the endzone with a chance to win the game by a point...

3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

He'd prefer to blame the #4 WR who had to adjust to an underthrown ball on the wrong side of his body due to Dak failing to read the blitz coming and heaving it up in desperation off his back foot

But yeah, It's all Cedric Wilson's fault for still managing to get a hand on it

Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Statistically you had a chance until the clock ticked 0:00. The 49ers tried to hand you guys the game a couple times. Had he been able to successfully spike the ball we are looking at a reasonable throw to the endzone with a chance to win the game by a point...

Strong disagree that there was any realistic shot by that point. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Strong disagree that there was any realistic shot by that point. 

I felt that way with 11:00 to go in the 4th with SF up by 16... Still the game came down to the final possession and Dallas had a shot to win.

I can't believe the context of this conversation really. I am just going to concede and agree with you because I feel like I am going to bat for Dallas more than I have in my entire life and its disgusting.

Sick Napoleon Dynamite GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I felt that way with 11:00 to go in the 4th with SF up by 16... Still the game came down to the final possession and Dallas had a shot to win.

I can't believe the context of this conversation really. I am just going to concede and agree with you because I feel like I am going to bat for Dallas more than I have in my entire life and its disgusting.

Sick Napoleon Dynamite GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

WE WERE LOSERS STOP DEFENDING US

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont care what you guys say, I love Dak:

And you all know deep in your heart, you hate the reffing just as much as he does. Though I do think that virtually every call was correct this game. 

Oh no... I lost a ton of respect for the guy after seeing this. Own up to your own mistake.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh no... I lost a ton of respect for the guy after seeing this. Own up to your own mistake.

I havent actually seen the interview to see if he was being sarcastic or not, but either way, I imagine he apologizes by tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I havent actually seen the interview to see if he was being sarcastic or not, but either way, I imagine he apologizes by tomorrow. 

His follow up was even worse, which makes me think it's not sarcasm:

If they're upset with how it played out, they need to throw stuff at Dak.

Even with an apology - he's been in the league long enough to know the ref spots the ball, not the C. Him forgetting it in the heat of the moment can happen, sure. But this? No, don't hide behind this.

Now - at absolute best - he's Donovan McNabb not knowing games end in a tie. At worst, he's completely hiding behind the refs for a mistake he made that effectively killed the Cowboys' chances. Sure, a comeback wasn't guaranteed even of he did what literally every player does after every play (give the ball to the ref to spot it). He's too much of a vet (making too much money) to forget this, or he's trying to hide behind his ignorance to avoid his portion of blame.

If this is the direction he's taking, I'm done thinking highly of him.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Edited.  Link looks weird but goes to the Streamable site.  I can't get it to not be weird and I've never figured out how to insert these things into the post.

Edited by EvilenFroggen