NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

38 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

The refs even allowed the Cowboys an extra yard. The sideline judge  showed that ball should be placed at the 25 yard line... the Cowboys tried to spot it at 23. The ref placed ball at 24... so the refs even incorrectly placed the ball trying to allow Cowboys a shot. It was their own dumb fault. The coaches should be fired. Would you rather take 2 shots from 40 yards out out 1 shot from 25 yards out. Im taking the first option... it allows multiple opportunities. With the QB draw best you can hope for is for one miracle play. But if you tooke shots from 40 yardline they may have had 2 or even 3 attempts at endzone

Honestly, you could throw it the WR on the left side and he would have been able to get out of bounds around the 30 yard line. That would have been a MUCH better option than the one they ultimately decided to go with. Does it matter if you take a shot from the 30 yard line opposed to the 25 yard line? No idea what the hell they were thinking.

And yes, even the official did not spot it to the correct yard line. Dak started his slide at the 25 and that's where the ball should have been placed at. I can't believe he thought he could just hand the ball to his center and the ref would just let him spike the ball lol.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Baseless hatred?

come-on-yeah-alright.gif

It’s baseless when the vast majority of the NFL fan base hates the Dallas Cowboys and is extremely vocal about it. The absolute delight so very many people take in seeing the team fail is pretty pathetic stuff. People act like the Cowboys organization itself does a lot of chest pounding and hyping itself up when it really does not. I don’t feel that they do anything to warrant the hate, but people decide to hate anyway because they apparently don’t have other sources of joy in life.

55 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Would you rather take 2 shots from 40 yards out out 1 shot from 25 yards out. Im taking the first option... it allows multiple opportunities.

Actually.....I like the odds better on the 25 yard pass (or reception/YAC) than a 40yarder. Likelihood of a DPI call on either is even.

Actually (again)....let me change that. The likelihood of a DPI call on a Hail Mary pass (or passes) is pretty low IMO. Generally, they allow a whole lot of pushing & shoving to occur and let it play out by "may the best man win" rules.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Now now NFZ, aren't you the little Pot calling the Kettle Black? 🍺

Vast majority of Eagle fans knew we barely had a punchers chance against the defending SB Champs in Tampa. We weren't pumping our chests about winning the SB for most of the season. 

That's a Cowboys thing

I don’t think there was a single Cowboys fan on this forum “pumping” their chest about winning the Super Bowl this season. Don’t think that was the mentality of the fan base in general this season. The Cowboys fan base (from my own observations) was actually very critical/ negative about their prospects to end the season. The idea that the fan base is full of a bunch of annoying morons who think they support the best team ever is mostly made up b.s. used as fodder to fuel hating on a team for no actual real reason. Of course every base has their bad apples but the generalizations are ridiculous.

Edited by NoFlyZone

15 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, but as others said where was he?? And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped on Dak’s back. The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price. How are you not getting this?

I seriously wasn’t even worried when I saw Dak run. That ball should have been spiked, period.

I think it’s obvious that the only person who doesn’t get what happened is you. The ref was positioned exactly where he should be during the last two minutes. He’s not fast enough to keep up with a long play inbounds. It was on Dallas and Dak not to mess up there and have better situational awareness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think it’s obvious that the only person who doesn’t get what happened is you. The ref was positioned exactly where he should be during the last two minutes. He’s not fast enough to keep up with a long play inbounds. It was on Dallas and Dak not to mess up there and have better situational awareness.

I think through all of this I can outright say that I wish that had been executed better by Dallas, but the approach by the ref was also somewhat comical in my opinion. It turned into a circus. Think Dallas should have avoided that situation to begin with, but the execution by the ref was extremely frazzled and weird as well. Think you can have it both ways here. 
Despite the ball getting knocked all over the place the ball was extremely close to being spiked on time, and Dallas would have had a shot from the 25… and I think most people would then be saying the Cowboys played pretty brilliantly to give themselves that shot when most teams probably don’t even come close. 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I think through all of this I can outright say that I wish that had been executed better by Dallas, but the approach by the ref was also somewhat comical in my opinion. It turned into a circus. Think Dallas should have avoided that situation to begin with, but the execution by the ref was extremely frazzled and weird as well. Think you can have it both ways here. 
Despite the ball getting knocked all over the place the ball was extremely close to being spiked on time, and Dallas would have had a shot from the 25… and I think most people would then be saying the Cowboys played pretty brilliantly to give themselves that shot when most teams probably don’t even come close. 

You know what would have gotten it spiked earlier? If Dak actually handed to ball to the ref.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Did you want the ref to run around the whole line?

Not necessarily, no. But jumping on top of Dak Prescott wasn’t great, either. Still think there needs to be a better system in place… because it just should not have taken that long. I was seriously surprised they didn’t get the play off, even having seen that situation a thousand times. Just a bizarre sequence of events.

Regardless, I’m letting it be. I know people are going to stick with what they believe, and I don’t really care to debate the point when there is no part of me that strongly thinks that Dallas would have scored, anyway.

Just now, Xenos said:

I did. The fact that you still blame the red is silly. 

Ah that explains why I had to repeat myself. Anyway, you can have that opinion if you want… I just don’t care to think about it in such simplicity. I can say on one hand I wish the team had gone about it differently while still wishing the official perhaps had handled it a little differently as well. You can do both.

That said, and I said this to another poster, I don’t really care to keep going back and forth about this when I’m not especially sold on the fact that Dallas would have had a solid chance of scoring regardless… especially in consideration to how that game played out in general.