NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Gotta be able to handle the scrutiny. They want all the perks of being on Americas Team without any of the drawbacks. Is it a big deal? Not really, but it shows their true character. No accountability whatsoever, its always somebody elses fault. 

I just feel like if this was the Packers and Aaron Rodgers saying these things there would be crickets… if not some degree of applause. Not sure what you mean in regards to the players wanting all the perks and non of the draw backs… think that’s just you writing your own story there. I’m sure other teams would be frustrated as well if their team was consistently the most penalized team in the entire league and didn’t feel like their opponents were being scrutinized by officiating in the same light. I think there could be some validity to that. Also, if you actually listen to the full interviews, every single player that said something about the refs also took ownership to some degree and said they need to clean things up. It’s wasn’t just a general placement of total blame on the refs… seriously, that wasn’t the general theme in team interviews at all. Go listen to the actual interviews.

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hope the Dallas players can feel the same way at some point. Regardless of the last play that they botched completely, they were down 16 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, they were trailing the 49ers the entire game and they have the audacity to blame the refs. Then applaud fans for throw stuff at them. They should have thrown stuff at Randy Gregory for committing 3 penalties or the offensive line which accounted for 4 penalties and blocked poorly all day. There were simple execution things and discipline things that effected the score much more the last play.

For sure. I for one agree about their o-line. They’re seriously an extremely overrated unit and have been awful in stretches season. Definitely something the team needs to address in the offseason. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I just feel like if this was the Packers and Aaron Rodgers saying these things there would be crickets… if not some degree of applause. Not sure what you mean in regards to the players wanting all the perks and non of the draw backs… think that’s just you writing your own story there. I’m sure other teams would be frustrated as well if their team was consistently the most penalized team in the entire league and didn’t feel like their opponents were being scrutinized by officiating in the same light. I think there could be some validity to that. Also, if you actually listen to the full interviews, every single player that said something about the refs also took ownership to some degree and said they need to clean things up. It’s wasn’t just a general placement of total blame on the refs… seriously, that wasn’t the general theme in team interviews at all. Go listen to the actual interviews.

Everyone already knows Rodgers is an arrogant person. It wouldn't be surprising if he said it because that's his personality. I liked Dak because of his intangibles and always thought he was a great leader that guys would run through a wall for, this was completely out of character for him and totally beneath him. He has to be better than that. Why are they even bringing the refs up? Outside of an offsides penalty that could have maybe been a false start, I felt every call was fairly accurate. They shouldn't be bringing the refs up at all when they've been doing these kinds of things for the last 2 years. I watched the Dak and McCarthy interviews in full. I think McCarthy is a clown of a coach so what he said doesn't suprise me at all, hopefully they run him out of town for Daks sake before its too late.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I just feel like if this was the Packers and Aaron Rodgers saying these things there would be crickets… if not some degree of applause.

IMO, this same exact situation with all 31 other teams, including the one I root for, I would be criticizing the team for not understanding situational football and in WFT's situation I would have been calling for Scott Turner, Ron Rivera and Taylor Heinicke to be fired. The play call in my opinion was the first mistake. Doubling down after the game and taking no responsibility for the gaffe is a really bad look. The fact is that it happened to the Cowboys, they did it to themselves and they are playing like the victims.

61m0sc.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

For sure. I for one agree about their o-line. They’re seriously an extremely overrated unit and have been awful in stretches season. Definitely something the team needs to address in the offseason. 

I for one felt that your offense performed way better with Pollard in the game over Zeke, that would be where I started, getting rid of is contract. I think if they had a player like Christian McCaffrey to play the Marshall Faulk role, this could the Greatest Show on Turf 2.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Is it true that Dak thought he did everything right on that last play? 

Yes because they ran that play numerous times in practice and it worked. 

I wonder if in those "practices" whether Jerry paid for refs to be on the field? Or did the center spot the ball there too for Dak to spike? 

Wonder where they went wrong? 🤔 

17 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He thought it was the right playcall and said they practice that every Friday.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes because they ran that play numerous times in practice and it worked. 

I wonder if in those "practices" whether Jerry paid for refs to be on the field? Or did the center spot the ball there too for Dak to spike? 

Wonder where they went wrong? 🤔 

I was more talking about him giving the ball to the Center after the run, if he really thought that was the right move…i dont even know how you blame coaching for that. Everybody knows that you give the ball to the ref, thats common knowledge

13 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He was rated the best QB in the NFL this season under pressure via PFF. Playoffs are another animal though. I guess...

Pressure stats are unreliable and fluctuates too much. It’s why PFF gives more credence for plays from a clean pocket.

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I was more talking about him giving the ball to the Center after the run, if he really thought that was the right move…i dont even know how you blame coaching for that. Everybody knows that you give the ball to the ref, thats common knowledge

FYI,  common knowledge is often less common than we think 

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I was eluding to fact , when they practiced it, there probably weren't refs on the field? Hence the idea or repetition of the center spotting it.

It was flawed thinking from the jump.

Edited by Nabbs4u