Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals: The wait, who's suiting up for us again Edition

Forge

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

You can tell the Rams haven't had a winning season in a long, long time when their fans start to get cocky after a 6-2 start. 

bro it's the same thing when you guys hired Jim. LOL And i'm stating facts. 49rs are win less. Do you not suck? 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That matched the eye test, but man are we garbage on the inside. Magnuson needs to replace Tomlinson or Kilgore after Staley returns.

Staley/Magnuson/Kilgore/Fusco/Brown

Or replace Kilgore with Magnuson. Time to put our best five on the field.

Kilgore was atrocious yesterday. He got beat off the snap a handful of times. Maybe if he didn't have to focus on the snap, he could be better than Fusco, I don't know. But I do know I want to see more of Magnuson even when Staley returns.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

bro it's the same thing when you guys hired Jim. LOL And i'm stating facts. 49rs are win less. Do you not suck? 

Rams were already worse than the 49ers when Jim was hired. Or at least, they weren't any better. I don't think 49ers fans really cared about St.Louis. Whoops, I mean LA. 

Doesn't matter. LA Rams have not won anything yet. So...wouldn't necessarily be doing backflips because the 49ers are struggling. 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Rams were already worse than the 49ers when Jim was hired. Or at least, they weren't any better. I don't think 49ers fans really cared about St.Louis. Whoops, I mean LA. 

Dunno. I'm 27 not 12 so I wouldn't get those jokes. Either way @J-ALL-DAY get me you little girl. Talking all that goooooooood isssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

:D 

The good news with Magnussen is if he can play Guard as well we only need one Guard and a Center.  That sounds like a lot but not as bad as it could be.  Still I'd rather they not parade Jimmy G out there until they put the best 5 on the field AND let them gel without injury first.

This season is win-win for Jimmy because the bar is really low in terms of offense.  If he can make this supporting cast look good he needs to be locked up.  Because it can only go up from here.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Dunno. I'm 27 not 12 so I wouldn't get those jokes. 

:D 

I think you have the ages backwards there. 

In any case, get back at me when LA wins a title.

At least the Warriors continue to dominate. And Kershaw failed at his Bumgarner game 7 imitation. So HA! 

Rough game. Thought we had a chance there at the end. 

What do you guys think about kyle not kicking the FG right away when we are down 10 with the ball inside the other teams 30 on the + side of the 2 minute warning with two time outs? 

It hinges on how good your kicker is at an onside kick. Theoretically kicking a FG before you need to, then kicking deep and getting a stop on 3 plays, using your TOs and the 2min warning could mean you get the ball back with roughly 1:50 or so... but then you need a touchdown. I would rather be in a position to where you have a decent shot at a FG after recovering an onside kick while only being down 3. 

If you dont get the onside after scoring a TD, then you are screwed if you scored a TD with only a minute left or something along those lines. If you were able to score before the two minute warning, then you could still get a stop and at worst the other team kicks a long FG to go up 6. Then you still need a TD and there is less time on the clock but at least you took your shot with the onside.

Having a third timeout would mean you don't need the two minute warning to get a stop and get the ball back in either scenario. We did have three timeouts until we had to burn one on an offensive penalty to avoid the 10s runoff. 

We are officially the Santa Clara OH-AND-NINERS lol

I'm more confused as to why we didn't try a field goal or go for it on 4th down with 33 seconds left(before the half?).  That punt made no sense to me.  There's playing conservatively and then there's head scratchers.  That was a head scratcher for me.  Well, outside of being the tank masters, of course. 

Yeah, if you turn the ball over, that sucks.  But, they'd have what? 20+ seconds to make it half the field?  Doable, I suppose, but I doubt they would have even tried.  They were up and would have probably just taken a knee to end the half.  

5 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I'm more confused as to why we didn't try a field goal or go for it on 4th down with 33 seconds left(before the half?).  That punt made no sense to me.  There's playing conservatively and then there's head scratchers.  That was a head scratcher for me.  Well, outside of being the tank masters, of course. 

Yeah, if you turn the ball over, that sucks.  But, they'd have what? 20+ seconds to make it half the field?  Doable, I suppose, but I doubt they would have even tried.  They were up and would have probably just taken a knee to end the half.  

Forgot about that. Was befuddled by that one as well. Very low risk with 30ish seconds left.

Speaking of punting, Pinion returned to his natural form in this game. He was freaking horrible. Inconsistent isnt a strong enough word to describe this guy. I wouldnt be surprised if Lynch brought in a veteran punter this offseason for a camp battle. 

Archived