2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I do think we tend to overrate the importance of safety, in terms of how teams build their teams

I mean just look at this free agent class, what position had more talented young guys hit free agency? Look at every draft when guys fall. 

It’s clear that it’s just not a priority for teams  and not one a lot of the teams invest in. You have your one offs like the Seahawks and all that they did for Jamal Adams. But they’re clearly a poorly run personnel department and regret that tremendously at this point.

It would’ve been awesome to get a clear starter there don’t get me wrong. But there are still some guys who can come in and start with some upside. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Highly doubt we draft a LBer in the first round also due to their 5th year team-option cost... Howie clearly not a fan of utilizing resources there. I am fine with that strategy honestly - Be patient & build the pass rush and secondary (any decent corners still available?). Birds need to find a way to trade up for Sauce. If not, Just draft DLine (Walker & Davis) and then Lindebaum & I am fine. I want Jameson Williams the most but that probably won't be popular here. If he is healthy, him and Smith would be a NASTY combo.

I knew Howie wasn't going to go after Maye due to the torn achilles - He is haunted since the Sidney Jones fiasco. Bummer we missed out on Marcus Williams - He would be awesome in our scheme.

Yeah, the Marcus Williams one is really the only one I’m kinda sad about cause I knew he was gonna cost more money, but he would automatically give us that great rangy free safety. He’s durable and has played at a high level basically every year in the league since he was a rookie.

Justin Reid I could’ve seen as a good pick up cause for the cost he could outperform that contract, but if it came down to us and the Chiefs for similar money he wasn’t picking us.

Maye got a bit more than I expected off the Achilles and yeah you’re probably right about Roseman being nervous after Jones.

Seems like they are looking to patch CB this year. Maybe let those young guys develop. I’m sure they’ll draft one if he’s there and worth it, but not forced to do it then.

If they draft a guy or one of the young guys makes noise at camp and in the joint practices/preseason they can cut the vet or might even be able to move him if there are injuries.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Aaron Wilson just said Philly would love a meeting with Watson, but that he’s never shown any interest in Philly.

Good

But I do wonder why, especially on his end wouldn’t you want to play for an guy with an background in offense? At least The Falcons have that.

But Carolina is a dumpster fire

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Seems like they are looking to patch CB this year. Maybe let those young guys develop. I’m sure they’ll draft one if he’s there and worth it, but not forced to do it then.

If they draft a guy or one of the young guys makes noise at camp and in the joint practices/preseason they can cut the vet or might even be able to move him if there are injuries.

They better be cheap.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Good

But I do wonder why, especially on his end wouldn’t you want to play for an guy with an background in offense? At least The Falcons have that.

But Carolina is a dumpster fire

Carolina is probably behind the Saints for sure. He’s from Georgia so that explains Atlanta.

Word is he doesn’t want a cold weather city, so Philly was never really in contention.

I'd be good with adding Peterson or Rhodes if they're still planning to draft CB in the first. We'd have a sweet CB room all of a sudden. Just need to work on the backend after that and get us a toy or two for offense. Would feel really good about the off season if we go this route

Draft CB, WR and DE/LB in first round and I'll be super pumped for the season/future

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I remember him at slot corner. He transitioned to safety?

I believe it was the Chargers who had him play safety but he is a good tackler, hes smart and he's playmaker so I think he would be a fit there. You are correct that he's played mostly at nickel but he's pretty versatile.

• Like 1