2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m salty too… so I can’t blame them. Happy for both guys getting assistant GM roles, but that’s just a title and not an actual GM role and it screwed us. Glad they got that rule put in.

Also, I could be wrong, but it seems like the Eagles are involved a lot in these proposals every year.

Yeah, I get the gripe.

Lurie being probably the most progressive owner, willing to change, seems to be the biggest reason. It’s rare that they don’t have at least one or two in there for discussion. So many old guard, families that don’t like change unless it’s to make things more controlled. Will be interesting if Lurie son will be the same way when he takes over.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, I get the gripe.

Lurie being probably the most progressive owner, willing to change, seems to be the biggest reason. It’s rare that they don’t have at least one or two in there for discussion. So many old guard, families that don’t like change unless it’s to make things more controlled. Will be interesting if Lurie son will be the same way when he takes over.

Agreed about Lurie being more progressive and yeah his son is already being groomed to take over. 

For the most part I like Lurie. He seems to be really proud of the stuff the Eagles do for autism ever year. 

He supported Malcolm and players with the national anthem protests and accepted an offer to go on a ride along with Jenkins and other players to check out the justice system.

Jenkins was appreciative that Goodell and Lurie accepted his invitiation to look closer at Philadelphia's justice system.

"It meant a lot," Jenkins said. "Obviously with everything that is going on in the league, and just in the country in general, for them to accept -- not only [Goodell], but Mr. Lurie -- to accept the invitation and to not necessarily bring people to us, but to actually go to the community was a big step. And not to listen to me as players, but to actually listen to those who are in leadership positions who are doing this work day in and day out. ... I thought that was a big step and I think it meant a lot, not only to me but those people in Philadelphia who want to be heard."

I’m pretty sure Lurie and Jenkins bond was also part of the reason he didn’t hold out that year he was upset about his contract. He definitely cares about his players. Eagles often do the right thing and give players their incentives even when they fall just a tad short. He seems like a pretty decent guy and I’m sure that can’t be said about every owner lol.

41 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Malcolm Jenkins retiring. 

He's one of the best Eagles of the modern era. I wish him the best 

Wished the Eagles gave him more love near the end, integral part to us winning SB52.

Jenk was great while he was here.

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Really wouldn't even try for like a 4th or a 5th maybe 6th? His cap hit is only 3.5 million

Absolutely not. Would you trade any of those picks for Reagor? Stop overvaluing another man’s trash. Jags fans will tell you how little impact he makes. I was praying that the Cowboys would end up taking Chaisson and I still believe they would have had Lamb not fell to them. They dodged a bullet.