2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

i think the days of RBs going that high are probably behind us...but gonna guess I'll be wrong on that one. I can't see him going top 20. Hope for his sake he really works on his body this year.

I think its more likely than not he goes top 20, but we'll see.

I don't think the days of RBs going top 20 or first round are behind us. I think the days of top 5 certainly are. I doubt we see teams do a Barkley or Fournette. Even top 10 is gonna be hard to crack if you're a RB, but top 20 is certainly doable if you are great prospect.

Also, I'm confused....

l5ozHJT.png

What's wrong with his body?

Gimme Tank Bigsby on name alone...like his tape too, guy like that behind a line like this would make teams hurt.

Yeah, he's fun as hell after contact. He's one of the ones in the 2nd I'd be looking at.

Liked Zach Charbonnet a lot last year and thought he would've been a good pick on day 2, but he went back. Sean Tucker plays at Syracuse, so he's underrated. Really interested to see what kind of season Jahmyr Gibbs puts up joining Jase McClellan at Bama after transferring from Georgia Tech.  Same for Ulysses Bentley from SMU (could team back up with Grant Calcaterra lol) and Zach Evans transferring to Ole Miss from TCU (same school as Reagor and has some maturity issues like him too I think). Devon Achane is the fastest RB in college and would be the fastest RB in the NFL, but he's only listed at 185. Wish he was like 200 at least, but he's fun... as is Deuce Vaughn from Darren Sproles alma mater of Kansas State, but again he's only listed at 176.

I'm definitely intrigued by next years RB class. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Think its more likely than not he goes top 20, but we'll see.

I don't think the days of RBs going top 20 or first round are behind us. I think the days of top 5 certainly are. I doubt we see teams do a Barkley or Fournette. Even top 10 is gonna be hard to crack if you're a RB, but top 20 is certainly doable if you are great prospect.

Also, I'm confused....

l5ozHJT.png

What's wrong with his body?

That’s what I meant, like surely teams realize how dumb it is by now when all of them are usually riddled with holes on their rosters.

Was just going off some of his tape and interviews I saw, maybe they were older. Just didnt love the muscle definition and glutes from a cursory glance. If that’s from this spring than good direction, take back what I said.

I wonder what he’s going to measure in at, he didn’t look 6 foot, but could be wrong.

I’m not doing too much past five minutes on these guys unless I really like them this time of year…but yeah looks like a solid class.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Was just going off some of his tape and interviews I saw, maybe they were older. Just didnt love the muscle definition and glutes from a cursory glance. If that’s from this spring than good direction, take back what I said.

Yeah, its from 5 days ago from spring camp. I had to go check quick for some recent photos cause I wanted to see for myself if his body didn't look great lol.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wonder what he’s going to measure in at, he didn’t look 6 foot, but could be wrong.

Weight is more important to me than height for RBs. I don't really care that much about height. In most cases I'd prefer my RBs to be in that 5'10" to 6'0" range as long as they are in there and are at a good weight which would preferably be 210+...  I'm good with that.

College sites don't always list accurate measurements, so it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not tripping if either Tank or Bijan come in under 6'0" by a little bit.

41 minutes ago, Danger said:

realistically. What kind of money do you guys think Miles would see on the open market based on what we know today?

Probably like 3 years $44m if he has a solid year. Down to like 3 years $30m if it’s soso. Lots of incentives so if he continues to get banged up they can save.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Probably like 3 years $44m if he has a solid year. Down to like 3 years $30m if it’s soso. Lots of incentives so if he continues to get banged up they can save.

You really think that much? Yeah hard pass.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You really think that much? Yeah hard pass.

Does seem like too much, but would be in line with that top group of RBs that actually get good deals their second go around.

Knowing Miles I think he’ll be closer to the later. Like do a deal that looks ok 3yr $36m but really it’s like 2 yr $20m

14 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Idk if I'd call it brutal but. For me, it really all comes down to that running back sticking out like a sore thumb among those players at that specific time. Backs are just too much of a product of the OL for me. My team better be set at just about everywhere else if I'm taking a back again in round 2. If I'm barren at the position I get it a little more. Like we were when Josh Adams was our lead guy. That called for a 2nd round back.

Maybe your right but I rather help my QB, WRs and even the OL by having a great RB behind them. Opens up a lot and helps a bunch on PA

3 hours ago, Danger said:

realistically. What kind of money do you guys think Miles would see on the open market based on what we know today?

7 or 8M per. like 3 years 22M.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

No chance he gets anywhere close to that.

Probably looking at a contract similar or maybe a bit less than what Lenny got this off-season. Most likely between 6-7 million per, with an opt out after the second year.