Divisional Round GDT - Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I doubt he plays more than 10-15 snaps if he does play. But if he lines up on the inside, what will your front look like? 

it'll be obvious pass rushing plays when hes in

Gary and Preston Smith outside. Z and Kenny Clark inside. Could also see maybe Whitney Mercilus replace one of the ILB if we want to add another pass rusher on the LOS

1 minute ago, Hawkfan191 said:

Gary and Preston Smith outside. Z and Kenny Clark inside. Could also see maybe Whitney Mercilus replace one of the ILB if we want to add another pass rusher on the LOS

That's what I figured. Very solid front for sure. But that's the case even if Z doesn't play. 

1 hour ago, Hawkfan191 said:

We may not pass it 10 times so Z may be superfluous to the game plan.

Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb, shoulder) and Fred Warner (ankle) on the field as #49ers start their Wednesday practice. Nick Bosa had helmet in hand for pre-practice walk-through but does not appear to be taking part in practice. A good sign, nonetheless.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I love McDaniel so much lol. I wonder if his exuberant personality will shy teams away from giving him a HC job. 

Honestly, yeah I can see that being the case. The NFL is a copycat league and a lot of teams are afraid of being the ones to zig when everyone zags. There aren’t any HC’s like him right now, so I can definitely seeing that scaring owners because he might seem too young or immature (from the perspective of an old rich white guy).

• Like 1

49ers practice report:

Limited:
Nick Bosa (concussion)
Marcell Harris (Achilles)
Ambry Thomas (knee)
Jordan Willis (ankle)

Full
Azeez Al-Shaair (knee)
Garoppolo (right shoulder, right thumb)
Dre Greenlaw (groin)
Talanoa Hufanga (knee)
Elijah Mitchell (knee)
Fred Warner (ankle)

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Honestly, yeah I can see that being the case. The NFL is a copycat league and a lot of teams are afraid of being the ones to zig when everyone zags. There aren’t any HC’s like him right now, so I can definitely seeing that scaring owners because he might seem too young or immature (from the perspective of an old rich white guy).

Yup, but it means he can stay here! No escape. 

Btw, I was calling for Shanny to start implementing a counter to DBs overplaying the in break routes and crossers and he did just that against Dallas. Called some great plays to Aiyuk and Jimmy hit him on one and missed on one. Even the one he hit if he puts it in front of Aiyuk, it has a chance to go for six. 

Really curious to see what he comes up with this week. If the Packers play some single high, then there will be chances again to take advantage even with the Packers having a good secondary.