Lamar Jackson [QB, Louisville]

K-Ro 25

I'd put Jackson over any QB not named Sam Darnold. Him and Darnold are pretty even in terms of franchise QBs. When Jackson is on, the dual threat ability and deep accuracy make him a legitimate starter early in his career. His flaws would be durability with his play style (zero injuries in college), and the occasional inaccuracy issue. I'll go as far to say his decision making will be easier to process  immediate success because his dual threat capabilites. Before all off-season activities I really think he's a top ten talent.

I said this in a thread earlier this year, I would take Lamar Jackson #1 overall.  I think he has the best physical tools of any QB as an all-around package.  I know I'm insane and most people don't agree, but I would gamble on Jackson.  I pray he gets into the right situation with a great coach at the next level.  If he does, sky is the limit for this young man.

3 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Jacksonville loves their running QBs, and Jackson-ville craze would be nuts with him. Not to mention just the mere presence of his running ability instantly makes Fournette better. If there's a QB in next year's draft I want for the Jaguars, its Jackson.

No thanks lol, keep him out of the AFC South ;)

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I said this in a thread earlier this year, I would take Lamar Jackson #1 overall.  I think he has the best physical tools of any QB as an all-around package.  I know I'm insane and most people don't agree, but I would gamble on Jackson.  I pray he gets into the right situation with a great coach at the next level.  If he does, sky is the limit for this young man.

I truly believe if you just take Jackson the passer, he's a 5th+ round pick. Meaning he'll likely have to live off his legs and, given his frame, that's a tough sell. I still like Jackson more than what I've been hearing and reading from the mainstream draft media (2nd rounder/WR/etc.), but I think there should be at least some caution when approaching his prospectus. 

On 11/3/2017 at 2:41 PM, Elusive_Tiger said:

People sleeping on him just like Watson last year. Gonna prove all the detractors wrong. I think he has the highest ceiling in the class. He's cemented himself as QB2 right now for me.

I agree with this.  I am impressed with Jackson's accuracy this year.  His knock is that he is "slight".

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I truly believe if you just take Jackson the passer, he's a 5th+ round pick. Meaning he'll likely have to live off his legs and, given his frame, that's a tough sell. I still like Jackson more than what I've been hearing and reading from the mainstream draft media (2nd rounder/WR/etc.), but I think there should be at least some caution when approaching his prospectus. 

There has to be, but that's the same for most prospects.  I don't think he's can't miss,  but he's got enough dynamic ability that he's worth the risk. 

14 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

There has to be, but that's the same for most prospects.  I don't think he's can't miss,  but he's got enough dynamic ability that he's worth the risk. 

I think the caution has to count doubly for Jackson because he is nearly universally loved among this board. I think a lot of that has to do with how much people like to watch him and how unique he is, which makes it hard to put yourself in the shoes of a GM or NFL scout. It's impossible for us to imagine having to stake your career on a guy like Jackson and I can't imagine a lot of GMs would put themselves in that position.

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the caution has to count doubly for Jackson because he is nearly universally loved among this board. I think a lot of that has to do with how much people like to watch him and how unique he is, which makes it hard to put yourself in the shoes of a GM or NFL scout. It's impossible for us to imagine having to stake your career on a guy like Jackson and I can't imagine a lot of GMs would put themselves in that position.

I think that's fair to say, but we see it time and time again with people that don't want to "risk" on a qb that doesn't have that prototype size/ body/arm and take guys like Gabbert, etc. 

Jackson is a dynamic athlete and can flick the ball with his wrist throwing deep almost effortlessly. His improvement this season seems to indicate he'll work on his craft.

it's easier to put your money down based on groupthink of the "prototype" QB but the reality is there probably just as much risk in those players as there is for Jackson.

As a Jets fan I love what Morton has done in NY and would anything to have Jackson in Jet green.  I'd sit him down on day 1 after the draft and show him film on Russel Wilson all day long.  This is how you use your legs Lamar.  Morton's offense would fit well with what Jackson can do.

He certainly has big bust potential due to his rush first mentality and non Cam frame as well as accuracy issues but man his ceiling is sky high.

I hope he gets the Watson treatment and gets over analyzed and falls to the Jets.

I hope people draft the "prototype" qb's and let Jackson slide to the back of the first. Then the Steelers can draft him after winning the Super Bowl. Ben comes back, wins another, retires after next season and gives the reigns to Jackson. Then the Steelers rattle off 8 consecutive SB wins and go down as the best team ever....

....I took it too far. 

5 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I think that's fair to say, but we see it time and time again with people that don't want to "risk" on a qb that doesn't have that prototype size/ body/arm and take guys like Gabbert, etc. 

Jackson is a dynamic athlete and can flick the ball with his wrist throwing deep almost effortlessly. His improvement this season seems to indicate he'll work on his craft.

it's easier to put your money down based on groupthink of the "prototype" QB but the reality is there probably just as much risk in those players as there is for Jackson.

Wasn't Gabbert super toolsy and risky?

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Wasn't Gabbert super toolsy and risky?

Yep. Exactly my point.  Evaluators "fear" the risk of taking guys like Wilson Watson Jackson because they don't have the measurable of the "prototype".

Yet we've seen many of these prototype guys fail. 

At the end, the only difference is when you get it wrong with these prototype QBs is that you got it wrong just like the many that were afraid to go against the grain.

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

Yep. Exactly my point.  Evaluators "fear" the risk of taking guys like Wilson Watson Jackson because they don't have the measurable of the "prototype".

Yet we've seen many of these prototype guys fail. 

At the end, the only difference is when you get it wrong with these prototype QBs is that you got it wrong just like the many that were afraid to go against the grain.

Ok, I think I misunderstood the point you were making.

Archived