Kirk Cousins Thread: Keep, Cut, Trade?

gopherwrestler

Patrick Peterson weighed in on Cousins’ future, saying he should not be traded unless Minnesota can get “something spectacular” for him. He compared Cousins to Matthew Stafford, who floundered with the Detroit Lions for much of his career before joining the Super Bowl-bound Los Angeles Rams this season.

Peterson: “Kirk is like a Matthew Stafford, and you know how I feel about Matthew Stafford. He’s an underrated quarterback. He might not go out there and put up 320 yards a game, but he’s going to be efficient with his numbers. He’s going to get the ball where it needs to be. He’s not forcing any turnovers. He’s going to be very smart with the ball. He’s going to put together drives for you, and he has a strong arm to push the ball down the field.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/patrick-peterson-matthew-stafford-kirk-cousins/?fbclid=IwAR1RNuf1L0MDJ0PUfDHLL6IIz93JkjNleKbxAOV14F8juvb6V-wH6Jzz5YE

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Jefferson: “At the end of the day, I didn’t throw balls to myself.  A lot of people say things about Kirk. To be honest, all people really care about is wins. At the end of the day, if you don’t get any wins, then people are going to be a little harsh on you. If we start winning, get some dubs, get in the playoffs, get high in the playoffs, maybe reach to the Super Bowl, I mean, I’m pretty sure people ain’t going to be on him then.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/12/justin-jefferson-could-be-even-better-in-year-three-of-his-career-especially-with-kevin-oconnell-as-his-head-coach/

SCHISM!!!!

1 hour ago, sledgehammer said:

I really don't know what's possible or even logical, but I'd love to see us with a new QB sooner rather than later. We're having a makeover so let's not forget the face. 

Sometimes makeovers go wrong and the face gets uglier with stupid Botox duck lips. Be careful what you ask for. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Don't know much about the source other than he's a Washington guy.

First, Cousins is under no obligation to take anything less than what he's been paid to this point.  Second, trade him.

If Adam Patrick is putting it out there, it’s fake. 

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

It's not. I read the shandig article in the athletic. It's there, who knows if it's accurate. 

It’s an opinion piece discussing Washington’s options for a QB. There’s no actual reporting. 

In typical fashion, Patrick is twisting words to create click bait. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Good to know.

To be honest, I wouldn't say it's fake, I'm sure there could be some truth to it but...
He just seems to like to put out anything that can stir up some drama. It's how he kinda got going in the internet world with the Vikings.

He seems to be the first one to find something bad, when all is good.

• Like 1

The way I still look at it, If I'm Cousins, why would I ever truly take a team friendly deal. 
He knows he isn't the greatest.
Stay on brand and pick up every single dollar I could possibly pick up. The money he is making he can really set up some wealth for a couple generations if everything is done right.

Just have to decide whats more important..... A slim chance every year of winning a Superbowl, taking a discount to help in todays brutal sport 

or.... compiling money.. 
I'd say there is a fare shake most of us don't make $1M on this website, some might, but we asking him to take a couple million less. 

It's almost like your boss you've worked for, for 3 years, you are very important, but they want to add another employee, but they ask you to cut your salary by 1/5, just to pay for this other employee. Could it make your life easier at work? maybe....or would you rather take the money you think you've earned.

It's one thing for Tom Brady, when his wife has made more money than he does, and they truly have a brand with tons of endorsements. He has a true legacy already he is making tons off of.... Cousins doesn't have that.

but I agree, I wish we could trade him, and get fair compensation back.

28 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

To be honest, I wouldn't say it's fake, I'm sure there could be some truth to it but...
He just seems to like to put out anything that can stir up some drama. It's how he kinda got going in the internet world with the Vikings.

He seems to be the first one to find something bad, when all is good.

Fake was probably the wrong word to use, but it’s certainly a dishonest presentation of the information. Which, Patrick is very good at doing. 

• Like 1